Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

Just for fun I'll tell you quickly what's the real deal.

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
View attachment 1657433

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
View attachment 1657435

And here's the final upscaled and corrected version:
View attachment 1657454

The sharpness in direct comparison:
View attachment 1657479

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
View attachment 1657543

See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!
You just like take the piss of your underage fan base.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
This is just an overview render. It doesn't serve for the conversation per se! It literally just serves as the first impression when they're sitting and talking. Giving a spacial impression. For the conversation I used direct character camera angles. View attachment 1657597
View attachment 1657598
So, we got two more previews because of the discussion. XD

I think if you would have chosen the first render of these two as the official preview, nobody would have complained. They would have discussed and speculated about Sophia's "worried?" expression instead of the fuzzy table legs. But yeah, the table legs look better without the glassy effect, that in my opinion doesn't work.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Ok but it doesn't change the fact that the establishing shot is poorly constructed because of the lamp. You don't have to move Sophia, but that lamp should be nuked from space and removed from the Daz servers. Please please please consider deleting it.
It was the best angle to give a quick overview together with the lighting. The lamp is part of the asset which I just left like it is. The lamp gives the table and the surrounding a better atmosphere imo and is an important illumination for this part. Removing it would make the front part too dark together with the faces. Spotlights would look strange there because this would be light without a source. Making the lamp much smaller would be possible but would also illuminate a much smaller surrounding. I really don't see any issue with that lamp in this image. Plus, because of the DOF effect, the front with the lamp inclusive are blurry and the characters behind sharp, which already gives you the highlighted part of the image! Plus it's also a kinda nice division of the two parties of the scene. Sorry, but this is really far-fetched complaining at a very high level which became standard here on this forum site.

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
It was the best angle...
By the way, did you see my recommendation about an artist that I think could help you to speed up the development? You should try to contact him.
Lust&Passion I believe finding 3D artists to hire who can match your quality it's not that impossible as you think.

Look, I went to Daz3D gallery

And there are several artists with impressive renders. Look for example this guy :

View attachment 1640838 View attachment 1640837 View attachment 1640835

I went to his youtube channel, where he makes tutorials and certainly you can tell he has a lot of knowledge, and I found his . There he says: "Hey there - my name is Rauko. I'm a 3D artist creating both Safe for Work (SFW) and Not Safe For Work (NSFW) content such as images, animations, visual novels and games. I've been working with various 3d tools and applications over the years but am currently firmly encamped in the Daz 3D field and pumping out images on a regular basis."

And how many patrons he has? 2. It seems that he is not making profit from this right now, so maybe he will be interested in be hiring by someone.

You could write him something like: "Hi I'm the dev from A Wife And Mother, a very popular adult game, and I'm searching for someone who can make "[insert number]" renders per month of this quality. Are you interested? Write me at "" and we discuss the payment."

And you can do that for every artist that can make renders you like. Yo go to the gallery, watch a great render, then you write that to the artist.

There's other great renders by others too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

globsis

Jan 14, 2018
Lol, it's always funny to read comments ...
I have the opportunity to communicate directly with the game developer, whom I have been following for a long time. I have long been interested in the question - why was the model "Adora" chosen for the main character of "Sofia"? As far as I understand, she (Adora) is a mystical hero. Why did you like her so much?.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

Just for fun I'll tell you quickly what's the real deal.

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
View attachment 1657433

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
View attachment 1657435

And here's the final upscaled and corrected version:
View attachment 1657454

The sharpness in direct comparison:
View attachment 1657479

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
View attachment 1657543

See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!
That's what I suspected the table legs were depicting. A more see-through look surrounding the center mass of the leg. Either way it looks good to me.

Reactions: Bane71

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I have the opportunity to communicate directly with the game developer, whom I have been following for a long time. I have long been interested in the question - why was the model "Adora" chosen for the main character of "Sofia"? As far as I understand, she (Adora) is a mystical hero. Why did you like her so much?.
Lol, isn't that obvious?

Johnysilver771

Dec 29, 2018
Morning: 1) Literature lesson (Aiden's 4th task) + a bonus scene 2) Don Morello (optional)
there are events in upcoming update?

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
It was the best angle to give a quick overview together with the lighting. The lamp is part of the asset which I just left like it is. The lamp gives the table and the surrounding a better atmosphere imo and is an important illumination for this part. Removing it would make the front part too dark together with the faces. Spotlights would look strange there because this would be light without a source. Making the lamp much smaller would be possible but would also illuminate a much smaller surrounding. I really don't see any issue with that lamp in this image. Plus, because of the DOF effect, the front with the lamp inclusive are blurry and the characters behind sharp, which already gives you the highlighted part of the image! Plus it's also a kinda nice division of the two parties of the scene. Sorry, but this is really far-fetched complaining at a very high level which became standard here on this forum site.
I had doubts, but here I am sure that you do not miss any comment on this forum (F95Zone). And I'm even more sure that you work with multiple accounts here. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't call people here pirates. People whose opinions are apparently very important to you.
Ah! About Viper, who you insult every time you poke your nose in here, he made it clear that his opinion on table legs was an "amateur's" analysis. So no need to pour all your venom on him.
You should focus on your update which is already a huge delay. rather than coming here to bicker with pirates.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes