Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I don't think this is an LP error. Very often he is called a perfectionist. This is either a drawing of the "assistant" - or the LP intended it that way. It looks like 3d without 3d glasses.
In the same way that film trailers sometimes have unfinished CGI special effects, I thought we have noticed in the past that sometimes these free teasers have not been quite finished up to his usual standard. So I am not too worried currently that this signifies a drop in L&P's obessive quest for prfectionism and I am sure that the actual release will be up to his usual high standard.

Reactions: globsis

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Although we have seen few renderings from the expected update, I also got the impression that the quality of the work is somewhat worse and it differs from the previous L&P standards.
We will probably be able to give a more accurate assessment after the update, but the fact that not only I, but also other forum participants express the same opinion gives grounds to assume that the quality has changed, but not for the better.
I really hope this is a deceptive impression.
Hopefully not but we have only ourselves to blame if so, myself included, from the constant decrying of his almost pathological quest for perfection which can lead him, in his own words previously on forum, to spend half an hour getting a single render just right.

Ntwaidumella

Sep 8, 2018
We've also seen an improvement on Ellie over the course of the game...

1º - Skinny Ellie(this scene was very well written)
ellie.png

and

2º - Fitness Ellie
ellie 2.png

The second Ellie is hotter than the first Ellie and looks like L&P has been improving his DAZ skills through the process..it's nice too.

The Dev is really making an excellent game for sure.

Maybe when I get a HD with more capacity and a decent SSD, I will improve my knowledge on DAZ and i'll think about making a game too.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I had doubts, but here I am sure that you do not miss any comment on this forum (F95Zone). And I'm even more sure that you work with multiple accounts here. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't call people here pirates. People whose opinions are apparently very important to you.
Ah! About Viper, who you insult every time you poke your nose in here, he made it clear that his opinion on table legs was an "amateur's" analysis. So no need to pour all your venom on him.
You should focus on your update which is already a huge delay. rather than coming here to bicker with pirates.
Shit you got me, man! This is actually also the reason why the updates take longer because I'm spending the whole day on f95 and have discussions with myself using 200 different accounts here since I don't have anything better to do with my time! I will have a serious word with me!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

Just for fun I'll tell you quickly what's the real deal.

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
View attachment 1657433

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
View attachment 1657435

And here's the final upscaled and corrected version:
View attachment 1657454

The sharpness in direct comparison:
View attachment 1657479

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
View attachment 1657543

See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!
First of all thanks for your post explaining. I did say it was my amateur guess but if you check right below my post, you'll see that eastdot. (who does renders) got it correctly when he said it was a setting in the surface of the desk legs, in this case, opacity strenght.

That is my amateur guess
It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

You should have said "It's a little bit like watching a donkey".. Missed opportunity there, buddy.

I don't do erotic renders for a living so that leaves us (me in this case) to make amateur guesses, however, DOF + Denoiser can definitely create that effect if the denoiser is being used too soon and the ghosting effect on some edges isn't still rendered. You're right when you ask "why would it only do on the legs" but that doesn't make the core of it (DOF+Denoiser) wrong. You could have just used a sharpening gradient on post processing (not that it would achieve exactly the same effect but I think you'll understand what I mean).

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!
You act like some people here who can't read.

There's a lot of people here, even those who voice the most hard opinions vs your development cycles, that praise your artwork, me included. Just because we nitpick here and there it doesn't mean the whole art is shit and it's not that this update's art isn't good, it's that we've seen better from you, at least in some people's opinions. People (me included) are trying to figure out if these new batch of renders (from all the teasers) are a new artistic direction you're taking thinking that's a good step in terms of gaining quality, or if you decreased the quality on purpose to develop faster.

If it's the first, it's my opinion that your art was better in the previous updates (around the aiden art scene was sort of the sweet spot). For instance in this new update the Aiden + whatsherface + aidensblackfriend teaser is weird, a lot of exposure, their skin is a bit cartoonish (reminds me of cell shade). But again, they are opinions and everyone is entitled to them since this is a forum.

Oh and regarding your development, wrap your head around this: here at f95, no one complains about the quality of the art except some nitpicks here and there on specific renders.
Its your development that people complain about, non-patrons, patrons, and ex-patrons. Your development, organization and communication is absolutely atrocious. You're unorganized, you can never meet your own deadlines, you throw away vague contradicting statements to your patrons. Every time you do something to decrease production time you end up producing less in more time. That's it.
Your art is good, top 5 on the website. However, go and download some of the games that are starting to come up and you'll see that the gap in terms of art quality is closing. I'm sure you also inspired some people in the art regard, I do hope they don't copy you in development practice though.

I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)
I've seen you calling your new dev a "special dev" so I'm going to assume "special" is a compliment in your way of communicating.

Cheers

Last edited:

neronxx

Jul 2, 2021
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

View attachment 1657433

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
View attachment 1657543

hi L&P
Please refrain from adding additional features to the game
In fact, the "A Wife and Mother" game is a comic novel for us
And all our attention and desire is only storytelling and staging

Your game goes too late and it takes a year to complete each day

If you are looking to surprise us, all you have to do is give us a lot of content as soon as possible

Believe me, we have no expectations for new add-on and features
In the case of your game, we only want the base story and scenes
And repeated delays only make us angry and upset

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
How bout couple of your facebook or insta friends with 200 burner accounts here ??

( Smart ppl call them ''L&P apologist paid to hype your game and spread lie for you - other word known as MARKETING or SELLOUT )

How much u paycut them and to this site admin so he deleting comments of truth like he did to all my friends who wrote negative reviews ??

Karma is bitch.

Lie and use or abusing ppl will payback to you in 1 way or another.
If believing in this makes you sleep and feel better, go for it! (y)

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

View attachment 1657433

View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

View attachment 1657543

A couple of things from me here.
1. That big lamp is really just too much it just grabs all the attention of the viewer imho so if it's not possible to remove it then maybe zooming out a bit more would help.
2. The difference between the render only worked on in Daz and the one edited in PS is imho very small or should I say it seems like a case of diminishing returns because I don't think it looks that much better.
The thing that does improve it is the up-scaling though.
3. And another thing I find a bit off are those three candles or to be more precise the light coming from them.
It simply looks like the bloom of the lights moves right through objects (In this case through the big lamp and Morello).
No idea if that is just how Daz works but it looks odd imho.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
If believing in this makes you sleep and feel better, go for it! (y)
You come here once in a full moon and this time you chose to engage with a post complaining about something in your art and corrected your render based on it. Everyone wins, people who complained win because they'll see better artwork, you win because you'll provide better artwork.

But why engage with trollish questions? It's a waste of time and it ends up with the whole thread being clean taking away valid posts and discussion.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
hi L&P
Please refrain from adding additional features to the game
In fact, the "A Wife and Mother" game is a comic novel for us
And all our attention and desire is only storytelling and staging

Your game goes too late and it takes a year to complete each day

If you are looking to surprise us, all you have to do is give us a lot of content as soon as possible

Believe me, we have no expectations for new add-on and features
In the case of your game, we only want the base story and scenes
And repeated delays only make us angry and upset
First you should see what this "feature" is about and then judge. The feature itself also doesn't take that much time like it looks at the moment. The problem is that every beginning is hard. I tested a couple of people. Some just left me without finishing their work. I don't even wanna name here the time was spend to find some because from around 20 devs I asked on Patreon, only 3 answered me. All declined. Even those didn't answer who had hardly support! So, not the feature itself was the problem this update but the entire organization and arrangement for it! Nothing comes from nothing.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I only believe in 5 years BULLSHIT !!

Guy on steam build 40+ gb OPEN WORLD FIRST PERSON 3D GAME unreal engine 4 within 2 years - AND ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And U SELL this BULLSHIT bunch of JPG IMAGES WIT ZERO ANIMATIONS LAST 5 YEARS !! getta fuk outta here u pathological
Do you feel better now after letting this out?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
First you should see what this "feature" is about and then judge. The feature itself also doesn't take that much time like it looks at the moment. The problem is that every beginning is hard. I tested a couple of people. Some just left me without finishing their work. I don't even wanna name here the time was spend to find some because from around 20 devs I asked on Patreon, only 3 answered me. All declined. Even those didn't answer who had hardly support! So, not the feature itself was the problem this update but the entire organization and arrangement for it! Nothing comes from nothing.
It's understandable. I'm sure the new "feature" will be good but I think you're overselling it a bit.

And where do you see yourself in 10 years? Do you think you'll have finished the game or still developing it?

eastdot.

Jan 3, 2022
A couple of things from me here.
1. That big lamp is really just too much it just grabs all the attention of the viewer imho so if it's not possible to remove it then maybe zooming out a bit more would help.
2. The difference between the render only worked on in Daz and the one edited in PS is imho very small or should I say it seems like a case of diminishing returns because I don't think it looks that much better.
The thing that does improve it is the up-scaling though.
3. And another thing I find a bit off are those three candles or to be more precise the light coming from them.
It simply looks like the bloom of the lights moves right through objects (In this case through the big lamp and Morello).
No idea if that is just how Daz works but it looks odd imho.
First of all this is from active viewport with only 50 iterations before denoising so don't judge me based on this :ROFLMAO:
But no lamp:

Lamp:

the difference in ambiance is big.
There are not many light sources in this scene. You have some candles, 2 lamps on the right where their light doesn't reach this part of the scene, one chandelier above and this lamp, that's it. Either you artificially light up the scene which looks terrible or you let the light sources you have do the work. Plus it leaves a chance in other scenes to create a stark contrast between morello and liam for instance if they ever talk about some somber proposal :D

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes