Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
On Complaining and Piracy.

I believe there are many on this site who are ex-Patrons as well as existing Patrons. They see value and potential of a good game and like to comment, applaud, criticise and generally be associated with it whatever way they can. That's good for AWAM, good for L&P, good for everyone. Most importantly, L&P should realise and acknowledge that.

Regards ex-Patrons of AWAM. For most, I suspect it was never about selecting and paying a monthly subscription. Just about anyone with credit can choose to support and finance AWAM on the lowest tier for next to nothing. It's because they have, on occasion been talked down to by L&P, become frustrated by never ending delays, or disillusioned by an aspect of the content. Or simply moved on to other things.
For example. Why pay for a heavy gay/lesbian content when that's not your thing?
The more L&P has expanded the game from its original theme, the list of subdivisions and alternative threads continue, along with corresponding and extended time schedules. Despite all that, AWAM followers have rarely lost interest or faith in this game. The flurry of fierce, exited debate and deliberation on this site prior to a new update give way to that.

Regards piracy. I don't see this site as piracy at all, nor should anyone, especially those who have in the past invested their cash into L&P's Patron account. It's simply an open, critical forum much like picking up a magazine from the store following any pursuit or interest one cares to imagine from motorcycles to music. This one happens to lean toward erotic fiction and art imagery, in itself helping to kindle and innovate this new and creative medium, another really good thing.

As regards complaining, that's different. Some is ok, too much is simply tiresome, as anyone who's experienced a nagging husband or wife would testify. Complaining about complaining about complaining, well, that's a never ending treadmill like watching someone who's watching someone, who's.....
Excluding Sophia, of course!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
On Complaining and Piracy.

I believe there are many on this site who are ex-Patrons as well as existing Patrons. They see value and potential of a good game and like to comment, applaud, criticise and generally be associated with it whatever way they can. That's good for AWAM, good for L&P, good for everyone. Most importantly, L&P should realise and acknowledge that.

Regards ex-Patrons of AWAM. For most, I suspect it was never about selecting and paying a monthly subscription. Just about anyone with credit can choose to support and finance AWAM on the lowest tier for next to nothing. It's because they have, on occasion been talked down to by L&P, become frustrated by never ending delays, or disillusioned by an aspect of the content. Or simply moved on to other things.
For example. Why pay for a heavy gay/lesbian content when that's not your thing?
The more L&P has expanded the game from its original theme, the list of subdivisions and alternative threads continue, along with corresponding and extended time schedules. Despite all that, AWAM followers have rarely lost interest or faith in this game. The flurry of fierce, exited debate and deliberation on this site prior to a new update give way to that.

Regards piracy. I don't see this site as piracy at all, nor should anyone, especially those who have in the past invested their cash into L&P's Patron account. It's simply an open, critical forum much like picking up a magazine from the store following any pursuit or interest one cares to imagine from motorcycles to music. This one happens to lean toward erotic fiction and art imagery, in itself helping to kindle and innovate this new and creative medium, another really good thing.

As regards complaining, that's different. Some is ok, too much is simply tiresome, as anyone who's experienced a nagging husband or wife would testify. Complaining about complaining about complaining, well, that's a never ending treadmill like watching someone who's watching someone, who's.....
Excluding Sophia, of course!
There are also future possible patrons, which is what I like to consider myself. I'll admit as things currently stand I'm unlikely to become a patron of L&P anytime soon, but I'd at least like to hope if L&P gets his act into gear and makes the changes needed to complete the game in the foreseeable future, at that stage supporting him financially might be worth it.

globsis

Jan 14, 2018
Although kindness is important I value honesty over kindness.

I understand that poverty exists, and a lot of people are poor. Believe me I am not living in an ivory tower over here.

Reviews don't necessarily mean more money for a game by the way. I will give some examples of some games with bad reviews... crap reviews... A lot of people shit all over them, but they take in decent money at the same time.

Lust Hunter... Bad Reviews good patreon money. Fluke? No...

Agent 17.... Bad reviews good money.

Foot of the mountain... Bad reviews good money.

Dual Family... Bad reviews good money.

I could make a similar list of games with a lot of 4 and 5 star reviews that are earn nothing or earn nickels and dimes.

Reviews on a pirate site don't really have much swing on what someone earns making their game.

That being said... It's always a pleasant experience to get a good review. Devs love to read those it is always nice to get appreciation, or even bad reviews if they particularly well written or otherwise helpful. It's like getting a "Thank-you letter".

That's awesome you have supported 30 games. If the average pirate did 1/10 that then business would be booming across the board for every dev.

Complaining about complaining... Now you are complaining about complaining about complaining... Shall we make a Russian doll of it about complaining about complaining about complaining all the way down haha? :D

It just gets annoying sometimes seeing the same exact complaints over and over and over. It's rarely a fresh complaint. It's like "Muh balls are Blue... #8,295" or "The game will not be completed until decades from now... #723" or "Sex with Liam again! #114" ect... It's never a fresh one, and always the same old thing.

Well... you are technically correct. Patreon is not specifically a game store. They are just payment platform. They are more like a road connecting devs to supporters and occasionally a cop if the dev puts out incest, rape, bestiality or loli.
Take care of your nerves. Immediately stop proving something to the trolls... They are not even pirates - they are trolls and are here for trolling. They hate intelligence and are here for madness and chaos.

Mexi

Jun 29, 2018
Patreon collects money on the 1st of every month, the game will be released from this date, not before. L&P measured their posts very well (Important info about 0.155 (Feb 14), Quick information (Feb 22), Important news about 0.155 (Feb 24)) to reach March 1 and collect the money without their patreon getting mad at everything the delay that L&P had.

L&P may drop the other 9 animations because they take too long + Patreons might be upset if the animations aren't worth the delay. Since he has to work on the next update and that would be more work for his mismanagement of game development.
Good to know thanks.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Yup, a lot of the trolls here trolled the game for not having animations, the changing world of adult games also demanded that he do start including animations.
I agree with the second part.
I don't have a photographic memory but I don't recall serious criticism ever being leveled at L&P just for not having animations. My impression is that generally speaking, it was a comparative critique, not a critique of the game/story itself. I don't think that the lack of animations was brought up in the context of "why doesn't L&P have animations!?" - it was brough up to illustrate just how friggin slow his production is, that several other devs put out more renders AND animations AND features in the same or less time than he does.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I don't have a photographic memory but I don't recall serious criticism ever being leveled at L&P just for not having animations. My impression is that generally speaking, it was a comparative critique, not a critique of the game/story itself. I don't think that the lack of animations was brought up in the context of "why doesn't L&P have animations!?" - it was brough up to illustrate just how friggin slow his production is, that several other devs put out more renders AND animations AND features in the same or less time than he does.
I think the criticism for not having animations goes hand in hand with there being no sex scenes yet with Sophia. After all, there's little point in having animations without anything worth animating. And so far, much of the ridicule about the current inclusion of animations (although there are already a few in-game), is that it just appears to be an excuse to delay the release of the update.

If it were a Dylan or Sam event in the upcoming update, with the possibility of Sophia giving one of them a hj or bj (as a reward for all the patience they've had to have and the points they've had to invest over the years), instead of it being Jennifer who we don't really have a reason to care about yet, I imagine there'd be a lot more excitement and a lot less ridicule.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I tend to agree, I don't remember the lack of animations being a serious source of criticism. It has definitely been mentioned, and maybe some troll accounts harped on it, but for the most part it has been on the periphery of the conversation. People just want faster updates, that's really the only consistent demand.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
When the game was being compared to BaDik, that's when it was ridiculed for not having animations, people saying every game nowadays has animations, some saying all this game is, Is just wallpapers. People said this game is outdated since games nowadays are doing voice acting too but L&P doesn't even have animations.
And then a good mockery was made of the Jogging scene animation. The criticism was not less.
So since those animations weren't satisfying to most, here you go, he is going all out on animations now. Animations which from his statements seem to be ones which has moving camera angles. I imagine it being something like Fashion Business's animations but more like in L&P level quality.

And still I don't identify this as the root cause. The Real Cause is most definitely the changing times.

Last edited:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
That's exactly how I remember it. But it was not only attacked for lack of animation, but also mocked and ridiculed for it. The lack of animation was used as another proof of milking, and now it's the other way around. It's just annoying...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
That's exactly how I remember it. But it was not only attacked for lack of animation, but also mocked and ridiculed for it. The lack of animation was used as another proof of milking, and now it's the other way around. It's just annoying...
I think we should be careful about the subject of the sentence. "It" - meaning AWAM - was not being mocked and ridiculed for not having animations, "he" - meaning L&P - was being mocked and ridiculed, and rightly so IMHO, for his fantastically slow output.

-edit: Annoying? Yes, I'm kind of sick of the milking debate myself. The evidence of milking is overwhelming but entirely circumstantial. The guy is slow as sludge and disorganized as hell and clueless as fuck when it comes to keeping his story straight, but that doesn't mean he's milking... well, it doesn't prove it, anyway.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Did anyone ask for animations??
Yes. Those posts exist in every thread about games without animations. Sensible devs ignore them, but apparently this dev didn't. I find it odd because the focus of this game lies on the story and eroticism. Hell, the game doesn't even have a proper penetration scene. And that's fine to me. I prefer this game and generally ignore those popular Dutch-Angle-close-up-animated games.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
When the game was being compared to BaDik, that's when it was ridiculed for not having animations
That's very disingenuous. The overwhelming thrust of the critique/comparison was that the good Dr. Pinkcake churns out thousands of renders and dozens of animations and loads and loads of gameplay elements, not to mention dozens of events covering several days of story, in about the same amount of time as L&P churns out a very nice massage scene and a one-on-one basketball game and a concert and a throwaway conversation with minor characters and a teen-fantasy hot tub groping session.

Aug 11, 2020
That's very disingenuous. The overwhelming thrust of the critique/comparison was that the good Dr. Pinkcake churns out thousands of renders and dozens of animations and loads and loads of gameplay elements, not to mention dozens of events covering several days of story, in about the same amount of time as L&P churns out a very nice massage scene and a one-on-one basketball game and a concert and a throwaway conversation with minor characters and a teen-fantasy hot tub groping session.
People were seriously going by image numbers when comparing it to a game where every conversation has 10 facial expression variations without actually changing anything in the scene? Or that stupid dildo hat that doubled the amount of images featuring the MC without any effort? Or where half of the images are stupid close-ups that require a fraction of the effort put in any image of this game? :unsure:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
People were seriously going by image numbers when comparing it to a game where every conversation has 10 facial expression variations without actually changing anything in the scene? Or that stupid dildo hat that doubled the amount of images featuring the MC without any effort? Or where half of the images are stupid close-ups that require a fraction of the effort put in any image of this game? :unsure:
I think you're getting hung up on some details and criticizing them, which is fair enough, as a way of distracting from the main point: L&P spends months producing almost no story.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes