SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Can someone correct me if i'm wrong please? as far as i remember i think the game its going to be 30 playable days right? and right now we are in the day 13 which means that we arent event at the mid point of the story, and the game almost 5 years in development (L&P had said that it took him a lot to make the first release of the game that why i'm considering about 5 years instead of 4 and a half years). So it doing some math in average L&P has made so far 2.6 playable days per year with 17 days left, at the same average speed of 2.6 playable day per year, it would take him another 6.5 years of development, which would mean that the game would be finish by Octuber of 2028 after 11.5 years of development in total.

I think the game its going to get dropped, or be given a quick finish, because i think L&P will just get sick of the complaints and even if there wasnt any complaints at all, after a long time working on something it doesnt how much you loved it at the beggining, you are going to hate it, it has happened to a lot of developers

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Is anyone here terminally ill who needs to play the next update before they die? Game progress is posted every hour, really? Man, this is going from simply being a fan of the game to becoming an obsession.
The hidden "Animations" graph that has caused delays is what is causing folks to lose patience. It has been some time since the other 4 filled up.

It's like that video where the .

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Can someone correct me if i'm wrong please? as far as i remember i think the game its going to be 30 playable days right? and right now we are in the day 13 which means that we arent event at the mid point of the story, and the game almost 5 years in development (L&P had said that it took him a lot to make the first release of the game that why i'm considering about 5 years instead of 4 and a half years). So it doing some math in average L&P has made so far 2.6 playable days per year with 17 days left, at the same average speed of 2.6 playable day per year, it would take him another 6.5 years of development, which would mean that the game would be finish by Octuber of 2028 after 11.5 years of development in total.

I think the game its going to get dropped, or be given a quick finish, because i think L&P will just get sick of the complaints and even if there wasnt any complaints at all, after a long time working on something it doesnt how much you loved it at the beggining, you are going to hate it, it has happened to a lot of developers
Miss out on all that cash he is erm "making"

Reactions: Turret and yihman1

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
So it doing some math in average L&P has made so far 2.6 playable days per year with 17 days left, at the same average speed of 2.6 playable day per year, it would take him another 6.5 years of development, which would mean that the game would be finish by Octuber of 2028 after 11.5 years of development in total.
The current estimates for a single playable day to be completed are somewhere between two and three years with how the development is going at the moment. Which means approximately 34 to 51 years until the game is completed. And considering that the development cycles become longer with less progression every year, we'll probably hit a century at some point.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The current estimates for a single playable day to be completed are somewhere between two and three years with how the development is going at the moment. Which means approximately 34 to 51 years until the game is completed. And considering that the development cycles become longer with less progression every year, we'll probably hit a century at some point.
dads-were-doomed.gif

Mar 6, 2021

Not to mention that the game will end up getting old, outdated....
I'll confess, I was a lover of this game (like many here), but the long wait between updates, and when they arrive, it's always the same disappointment and nothing new, just some teasing.
In the meantime, I've discovered new games, enjoyed many, many have been started and completed while this one drags on.
And as time went on, I ended up losing that love I had for this game, and I started not caring about playing it anymore. With each update that comes, I just use unren, unzip the images, take a look and then delete, I can't hold on to it anymore.
Anyway, like me, there are many who have already given up on this milking (sorry, there is no better word to describe what this game has become), and many will still give up.
As you mentioned, it's going to take another couple of years to complete, and people are discovering new games, and end up being like me, without all that excitement.
PS: I didn't want to talk about milking, I'm sorry, I know that some defend this practice and give several reasons for it. I respect your opinions, but this is mine, and all these years have gotten me there.
Could I be wrong and be crucifying the developer? Of course I could be wrong, I'm not perfect, but at the moment that's my opinion.
When this update arrives, I will do as I said, look at the images and delete.
From an ex fervent lover of this game.

Mar 6, 2021
Another pathetic response from L&P especially considering that Jackerman just recently released an almost 4 minutes long very high quality animation (certainly of higher quality than what we got so far from L&P).

Edit: Forgot to mention that Jackerman made that animation in a single month.
The problem with this developer is that he is thinking he is way above other developers. I haven't seen anything in his game so far that I haven't seen in other games, and I believe it will be the same in the animations, he is doing so much advertising for these animations, and when we receive them, it will be the same as we saw in others several games, nothing special.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Not to be a bitch, but you sweet, sweet, summer child. Welcome to hell, because you're almost certainly underestimating it at 6.5 years.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes