DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
People interpret what you say as they feel convenient to their argument. What you wrote shouldn't have caused a language barrier.
They just don't understand the difference between criticising and abusing and name calling. To them it is one in the same.

I too criticised his message saying that all Devs who focus on quality miss deadlines. But i wouldn't go as far as to make hurtful or personally attacking comments.

Here for people who can't understand the difference. The root of argument that hzjujk , me and few others are trying to make.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Criticism is fine, verbal abuse is not. You can have your freedom of speech and express your opinions but verbal abuse is misusing your right.
That’s great but it’s L$P who can’t take constructive criticism and who deals out the verbal abuse, maybe post that on his Patreon so he sees it but he also might respond with verbal abuse

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
That’s great but it’s L$P who can’t take constructive criticism and who deals out the verbal abuse, maybe post that on his Patreon so he sees it but he also might respond with verbal abuse
I will only point out that L&P does not message here until and unless he is really provoked. That's when he lashes out too. Constructive Criticism has never provoked him, it has only been when the thread was belittling his art or where going on their usual flurry of liar, milker etc which is verbal abuse.

Constructive criticism in it's very nature can't provoke anyone since it is a personal opinion which one may or may not follow. It does state a right or wrong. Just throws a thought out in the open.

His replies to his patrons have mostly been Frank sometimes even chill but nothing ever from Patreon that can be classified as serious as verbal abuse.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
And your whole speech came down to this: if you paid, you have the right to say so, if you didn't pay, you don't. If a company sells some kind of product or service and says how cool everything is with it, what cool technologies and capabilities, and I didn't buy it and looked from the side and saw some shit, then my voice doesn't matter at all? No, if someone behaves like that and I don't like it, I have the right to speak out like that.
Yes this is a pretty good counter-argument. We can get the game for free here, but the discussion could be the same on a "normal" forum like reddit or whatever. It's like calling conspiracy to shut up someone disagreeing with you in politics.

Do we have to buy games to denounce the abusive micro-transactions, lootboxes, NFTs and all the other shitty practices?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
If this is verbal abuse, sorry but you're a wimp.
Well, he might be a wimp too, but remember what he also is: Part of L&P´s cheerleader squad, his "Microsoft" call-center of swindlers, äh, advertisers! They bend and distort the truth, try obfuscation and circle logic, everything that L&P comes out smelling like roses. We have seen it for dozens of pages, that even blatantly obvious evidence does not get through to them.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Well, he might be a wimp too, but remember what he also is: Part of L&P´s cheerleader squad, his "Microsoft" call-center of swindlers, äh, advertisers! They bend and distort the truth, try obfuscation and circle logic, everything that L&P comes out smelling like roses. We have seen it for dozens of pages, that even blatantly obvious evidence does not get through to them.
For me personally, this "obvious evidence" consists of 30% actual statements and actions by L&P, 30% is conjecture, and another 40% consists of conspiracy theories.
The discussion has long since become disconnected from the actual topic, the game. It's all about the absolute truth - "Either you agree with me completely and comprehensively or you are the enemy to be destroyed." Discord is not allowed, is interpreted as weakness, dissent is interpreted as a hostile act, and the reference to a minimum of etiquette is reinterpreted as suppression of opinion. Yes, yes, I'm a wimp, I don't care.
To use their words and to say it clearly , at L&P by no means everything smells like roses but for me the glass is still half full and not half empty.

Reactions: roro and lord_carta

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
I will assume that you are a disappointed supporter of L&P. Then I would think - "Ok, the person has a reason to complain with such strong words here."
But if you are a pirate = thief and then complain about the growing selfishness in the world, just because you are not supplied fast enough material to jerk off, then I wonder where the self-reflection remains with some people. If you weren't a supporter and L&P spit back in your face, I wouldn't raise my voice.
I suspect that many here, like me, are both. They support some games for a certain time, but download the games here (e.g., because they don't want to pay the high costs for avoiding the artificial delay). The last time I gave money to L&P was a long time ago, and there are surely some people who say that I don't have the right to complain anymore if the project doesn't make real progress. But I see it completely different. Nagitive comments about the poor progress of L&P game, I do not rate as a complaint, but simply as an expression of opinion in a discussion. I think, everybody should be able to participate here, no matter if he ever paid something to L&P or not. If only the positive comments were allowed, a completely false picture would emerge. It's important that people realize that at the steady deceleration of development speed, L&P would soon need two lifetimes to complete this game. Whoever gives money invests in something that will most likely never be finished.

pb_2006

Feb 19, 2019
Umm.... No. Comeback in August or September of 2022. That's what I mean.
How did you calculate this?
Last update 0.150 was in Nov
Current 0.160 update is not ready but lets say he releases it in May
That means that means that one update took 6 months

soooo
No, after this update is Amber v0.165
Then 2nd side job v0.170
Then Sam v0.175
0.165 - another 6 months that puts us in Nov 2022
v0.170 - another 6 months that puts us in May 2023
v0.175 - another 6 months that puts us in Nov 2023

So my rough estimate about 16-24 was incorrect try 18-24 months :WeSmart:

Sabertooth__ Wanna do a side bet about when 0.175 will be released ;)

yeah only real men allowed here in this thread
Habawa - you made my day with this post

I concur ONLY manly men allowed in this thread :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ManlyMen.gif

Last edited:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I suspect that many here, like me, are both. They support some games for a certain time, but download the games here (e.g., because they don't want to pay the high costs for avoiding the artificial delay). The last time I gave money to L&P was a long time ago, and there are surely some people who say that I don't have the right to complain anymore if the project doesn't make real progress. But I see it completely different. Nagitive comments about the poor progress of L&P game, I do not rate as a complaint, but simply as an expression of opinion in a discussion. I think, everybody should be able to participate here, no matter if he ever paid something to L&P or not. If only the positive comments were allowed, a completely false picture would emerge. It's important that people realize that at the steady deceleration of development speed, L&P would soon need two lifetimes to complete this game. Whoever gives money invests in something that will most likely never be finished.
Another case of selective perception. Did you even read what I wrote? That is not a word that he can not and should not say his opinion here. But that he can't stand there, complain about the growing selfishness of the world and at the same time pay nothing for a job. He writes "he spits in the face of L&P". I can understand the indignation for services not rendered, but a pirate/thief should hold back a little in his choice of words.

Yamakasi20

May 17, 2017
Testing a 994 render update took him 1 or 2 days, and these two updates combined should be max 600 Renders. So ya, you can make what you want of it but i think we can estimate how long it will take.
Also he is likely to finish the translation today itself. So maybe he can do the testing by the time animations finish. After adding animations. He can test for the Animations only and then put out the update.
"994 render (previous) update... these two updates = max 600 renders... we can estimate how long it will take... he is likely to finish translation today"

... oh buddy

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
For me personally, this "obvious evidence" consists of 30% actual statements and actions by L&P, 30% is conjecture, and another 40% consists of conspiracy theories.
The discussion has long since become disconnected from the actual topic, the game. It's all about the absolute truth - "Either you agree with me completely and comprehensively or you are the enemy to be destroyed." Discord is not allowed, is interpreted as weakness, dissent is interpreted as a hostile act, and the reference to a minimum of etiquette is reinterpreted as suppression of opinion. Yes, yes, I'm a wimp, I don't care.
To use their words and to say it clearly , at L&P by no means everything smells like roses but for me the glass is still half full and not half empty.
I am a pirate - I presume I am entitled to an opinion?

L&P said that update V0.155 would be ready by the "last third of March". We are now more than one week into April - in two days will be already finished the first third of April. And yet we are still awaiting V0.155 - and yet I believe that the animations are still at 90% unless I have missed an update post.

L&P is one of the worst people that I know of, at both project management and PR skills. I won't go as far as some and say that he is lying. But I can no longer take seriously anything that he promises. Everyone misses am occasional target or deadline. The difference is that L&P has missed EVERY target or deadline that I can remember.

I am still enjoying his work. I like the story he is trying to tell. I still wish he had foregone those stupid animations of tertiary characters that no one cares about and had instead had prioritised delivering his updates in a more timely manner. I just won't be holding my breadth that L&P actually manages to hit one of his targets or deadlines that he states in his Patreon posts.

1lonegamer

Apr 30, 2017
I want to know where these posts are coming from. If you post a screen shot from Patreon please post what tier you have to be to see it. I guess I don't pay enough any more because I hardly see any posts. You have to raise your pledge to see anything any more. I like the game was an early supporter but I have lowered my pledge and may as well abandon it on this game and others, I see more post here for free, and can usually get games faster here than waiting form my tier on Patreon. It does not pay to be a supporter when pirates get better service. A lot of devs have this problem. Even at $10 to $15 a month you get more news and faster service here, for nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: palmtrees89

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
He definitely should have been more transparent about this release. The animation bar suddenly appearing on the graph after everything else was at 100 was bound to cause rage. I think he may have done it to troll people.
You mean his paying customers?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes