CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
I find it ridiculous that people even consider the possibility that he is doing this all by himself.

The level of animations that we are seeing still require someone with good experience on blender. Not someone who randomly decides to pick up blender and start making high tier animations after a month.

Secondly all this while he is also making the renders. The render making speed has been the same. Surely L&P suddenly didn't start having days with 50 hours each.

A person who wasn't even sure how to import things to blender suddenly is a top quality animation producer on blender.

We have seen his attempts at animations on Daz, the program he has been working on for 5 years now. He couldn't make a single respectably good animation on Daz after 5 years, even though he is a pro at making renders on Daz but he can make Animations with tons of effects on Blender in a month. Great logic.

People should really inspect their conspiracy theories before putting them out. Half the time things L&P says are confusing to most is because they commit themselves so much to these theories that everything that contradicts it just becomes a lie.
Stay Gold, Ponyboy

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
I find it ridiculous that people still think we're questioning his skills or even time schedules. It's his communication, guys... it's the unkept promises and hyping his own demise. He doesnt need animators or skills or efficiency. He needs a PR.

If he says "next update in 23 dec 2025", i'd be like "oh, bummer, ok, fine"... but when 23 dec 2025 comes, I want to see an update, not a delay, not an excuse.

To put it in perspective... When all 5 circles reach 100% this time, i want to see an update! DEFINETLY NOT "hey guys, its the 1st time im doing two updates at once, so you have it really good this time, but testing two updates at once requires more testing than usual, so please be patient for the next weeks." (and then emphasize how lucky we are to get two updates at once and how hard he worked to do this)
LOL. He does have a PR guy. He is on this site constantly. He's just not very good at his job.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I want to know where these posts are coming from. If you post a screen shot from Patreon please post what tier you have to be to see it. I guess I don't pay enough any more because I hardly see any posts. You have to raise your pledge to see anything any more. I like the game was an early supporter but I have lowered my pledge and may as well abandon it on this game and others, I see more post here for free, and can usually get games faster here than waiting form my tier on Patreon. It does not pay to be a supporter when pirates get better service. A lot of devs have this problem. Even at $10 to $15 a month you get more news and faster service here, for nothing.
Yeah, supporting the project and not even being able to see simple news about the game is actually ridiculous, no matter the amount. Some of L&P's Patreon posts are hidden behind a $30 payment wall, and there's really nothing special that would justify it.

Many good developers post weekly status updates which are visible for even the lowest tier supporters. But for L&P, not only does he barely ever post actual status updates to keep up a solid communication with his community, but most of the more or less important news are often only visible for the highest tiers.

So yeah, I totally agree with you that it's simply not worth supporting, atleast when it comes to this particular developer.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Yeah, supporting the project and not even being able to see simple news about the game is actually ridiculous, no matter the amount. Some of L&P's Patreon posts are hidden behind a $30 payment wall, and there's really nothing special that would justify it.

Many good developers post weekly status updates which are visible for even the lowest tier supporters. But for L&P, not only does he barely ever post actual status updates to keep up a solid communication with his community, but most of the more or less important news are often only visible for the highest tiers.

So yeah, I totally agree with you that it's simply not worth supporting, atleast when it comes to this particular developer.
Even more confusing, many of the most revealing comments he's made were in private conversations via email or private message. That's not necessarily bad, but it makes it confusing sometimes to follow who said what and when did they say it?

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Another case of selective perception. Did you even read what I wrote? That is not a word that he can not and should not say his opinion here. But that he can't stand there, complain about the growing selfishness of the world and at the same time pay nothing for a job. He writes "he spits in the face of L&P". I can understand the indignation for services not rendered, but a pirate/thief should hold back a little in his choice of words.
As a general rule, i think, it is best not to insult anyone. However, this applies to everyone, whether supporter or non-supporter. As I said, it is completely unimportant whether you pay or not, as to which opinion you can represent here. Ultimately, this also means that you do not have to adapt your choice of words to the level of support given to a developer. For example, I'm very critical of L&P and wouldn't give him any more money, but I'm happy to support other developers. That doesn't make me selfish or unfair, it just means that I have my opinion and draw appropriate consequences.

BTW, I think the reason why so many people are disappointed by this game is that it has a lot of wasted potential. Unfortunately with L&P, you see someone fail because of his perfectionism and overambition. Instead of improving, in the sense of becoming more realistic with the goals, more and more side stories and now even animations are added to an already completely unrealistic schedule. The whole thing has now reached a point where you really have to assume extreme naivety on the part of the developer if you don't want to accuse him of tricking his customers. I think it's understandable that some here react annoyed to such behavior. No matter whether you are a customer or not.

Last edited:

lewdking114

Oct 3, 2019
How do i get on dylan's path? I cant trigger the " relax with him in the tub" choice
it says i missed an important event the previous day

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
How did you calculate this?
Last update 0.150 was in Nov
Current 0.160 update is not ready but lets say he releases it in May
That means that means that one update took 6 months

soooo

0.165 - another 6 months that puts us in Nov 2022
v0.170 - another 6 months that puts us in May 2023
v0.175 - another 6 months that puts us in Nov 2023

So my rough estimate about 16-24 was incorrect try 18-24 months :WeSmart:

Sabertooth__ Wanna do a side bet about when 0.175 will be released ;)

Habawa - you made my day with this post

I concur ONLY manly men allowed in this thread :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1747271
Ya sure. Now that the bet is sealed. Let me show you the first flaw of your calculation.

v0.150 to v0.160 took 6 months as you say, even with your calculation Two updates combined take 6 months.

So v0.160 to v0.170 should take 6 months
And v0.170 to v0.180 should take another 6.

Still we don't reach your great estimate of 18-24 months.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: pb_2006

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
If this is verbal abuse, sorry but you're a wimp.
I didn't go all out writing what majority of you guys write in the thread, just said the most generally used terms as examples, secondly it's not like i expected you do actually reflect on your actions. You are a bunch of people who are hellbent on making life miserable for people on the internet. Nothing I say will change your behaviour.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Nothing I say will change your behaviour.
Given this revelation, and I'm assuming this is genuine, your posting history is quite baffling. I was debating a whole Don Quixote/Dulcinea analogy but have decided, in the end, and hopefully for the benefit of all, to instead wish everyone a happy happy weekend.

It's not great that another weekend will come and go without a new installment of Sophia's journey, but hey, at least we get animated dust particles to look forward to in the coming weeks. And of course what's her name getting railed by what's his name. That's gonna happen for reasons.

Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes