ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
It's the release date but thread looks like someone's funeral
There's some good reasons for that. It never pays to have too overblown an anticipation of an AWAM update, in order to avoid disappointment. Anything exceeding realistic expectations is then a pleasant surprise but here we're only waiting for 2/10ths of a playable day. Some fans already know it won't contain that much to interest them.

L&P has spent the last 4 months effectively curbing enthusiasm for his own game. This started, for me at least, when he announced that instead of a faster event-based update, as people had been informed, he would instead be implementing something special, which turned out to be animations. Many fans guessed correctly on this but the whole saga can be found on this thread, if you havn't already read through the tedious tale. Cue huge delays etc., a pattern seen before for other reasons. [Animations, I thought why? Who needs them?].

When the update arrives & IF it can be accessed by us pirates without a ton of extra hassle, or some unforseen cicumstance getting in the way, I dare say the thread will go into crazy mode, as it has done for years. So we can look forward to all the usual predictable & banal 1 & 2 liners, plus some sneering comments, some off-the-cuff, off-the-wall & perhaps even the odd original POV posting in a short while, probably. After 4+ years this has lost a sense of novelty.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
There's some good reasons for that. It never pays to have too overblown an anticipation of an AWAM update, in order to avoid disappointment. Anything exceeding realistic expectations is then a pleasant surprise but here we're only waiting for 2/10ths of a playable day. Some fans already know it won't contain that much to interest them.

L&P has spent the last 4 months effectively curbing enthusiasm for his own game. This started, for me at least, when he announced that instead of a faster event-based update, as people had been informed, he would instead be implementing something special, which turned out to be animations. Many fans guessed correctly on this but the whole saga can be found on this thread, if you havn't already read through the tedious tale. Cue huge delays etc., a pattern seen before for other reasons. [Animations, I thought why? Who needs them?].

When the update arrives & IF it can be accessed by us pirates without a ton of extra hassle, or some unforseen cicumstance getting in the way, I dare say the thread will go into crazy mode, as it has done for years. So we can look forward to all the usual predictable & banal 1 & 2 liners, plus some sneering comments, some off-the-cuff, off-the-wall & perhaps even the odd original POV posting in a short while, probably. After 4+ years this has lost a sense of novelty.
I believe that what ancienregimele just wrote here is spot on. If I take myself as an example, I have been busy undergoing construction on the Adams' Estate during the first half of each day. I then entertain myself with the Sophia Fan Art Story that I offer in the fan art thread to balance out the day. It is my sincere appraisal that L&P produces renders that are superior to my own, and he is more talented in delivering erotica. In spite of this, due to the long lapses between releases he has made himself somewhat absent in his own venue. The result is that I am finding that I am becoming more invested in my copycat Sophia than in his original version. (This feels odd to say, and strikes me as odd to feel.) When it comes to visceral romance absence does not make the heart grow fonder, it tends to make one forget.
That's all I have to say about that, Jack.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes