XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
0.155/160. Quick Review.

1. Were the animations worth the time, effort?

Ultimately it's down to personal preference and at the discretion of the dev. It's HIS game after all, HIS vision.

Despite the hype and build up, I don't think so, at least not on this performance and the resulting delays. When one thinks of animations, one thinks of Hollywood quality, that's the bar it was always going to be measured against, and L&P's efforts fell woefully short. In short they were amateurish, semi-static, at times almost robot-like. The pony text accompanying them has already been discussed and let's face it, it was almost cringeworthy.

But it WAS a start on which to build, so he should be congratulated and maybe it's not fair to be over critical. L&P is certainly trying to mix this game up and make it fresh, so why not give it another go, this time involving Sophia, the star everyone wants to see taking centre stage.
Good to see Andre's transformation from almost cameo role to a more dominant figure. Expect to see more of him, especially as he will be aiming to get equal with Sophia.

2. The update as a whole.

I'm discarding the Dylan/Ellie/Logan thread. An essential story line perhaps, but nothing more than soap. Which leaves the classroom antics.
This is where L&P has really upped the game, making Sophia's humiliation almost unbearable at times. Credit where credit's due, it was daring, sexy, full of tension. Whether plausible or not doesn't matter too much, it's fiction, it's a game, make allowances for it.
All in all a great update, especially in terms of render quality and surprises, with as ever much to look forward to.
As has been said, he's creating something few others can compare to, we need to get behind this developer all the way.

Honestly, we can only hope that L&P drops the idea of animations as soon as possible. His schedule was already completely unrealistic before these animations and instead of adding new content, he should try to speed up the development in general. A really important method for this would be if he would finally check which content is really necessary for his main stories and simply omit the rest. This rape scene of Aiden and his friend, for example, and all the side jobs, are simply unnecessary.

This update could have been great if he had created it in 2 months. In its current development speed (with a whole 5 months for just 1/5 game day) it only leads to that in the end the actual story will never be told to the end.

ToshinRaizen

Nov 22, 2021
no animation no scapegoat...."why game take longer than it should?" "oh, the animation take a bit longer... becoz the animation guy got sick" ..... bla bla bla...

Reactions: mulerider

BryceLoski

Jun 13, 2020
Is there an approximate date for the next release? Waiting for half a year every time is torturing.. I hate checking progress panel every day...:cry:

Reactions: Saloomian

wzelisen

Jul 9, 2019
he was constantly in pursuit of realistic images,but the monthly sponsorship money is enough to hire an AV actor:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
*** News Flash Ellie/Dylan consequences ***
On day 16 (set for update somewhere in 2023) Ellie will brush Dylan's shoulder with ONE finger. Trust me, L&P will make a HUGE deal out of it. You'll sizzle like Dylan!
This will ofcourse lead to Ellie and Dylan holdng hands on day 31 that will likely be in the update scheduled for July 2052. :p
No way PD 16 to be in 2023.
With current speed he can't finish PD13 this year and it will probably takes some time of 2023.
Then he won't have a full year to finish PD14 and it will probably go to 2024.
Not to mention he still have PD 15 to do-some more months of 2024.
And I doubt Ellie/Dylan will be the first scene of PD16.It can be the last one that we will probably see in 2025.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Thanks. Some great points.

I don't mind admitting I'm more ready to defend the game regards plausibility, because I feel one needs to stretch the imagination in what is after all, a game. Remember, school days for most students (and teachers) are generally routine, dull and often scary in the first place, with mostly none too-hot teachers. But I take your point, there are limits to what is believable, but then would AWAM actually be that exciting or compelling if too near to actuality?

In true reality, Sophia would certainly not be allowed to dress in school as per Aiden's tasks at all. This in my opinion is where the implausibility begins and the rest follows, so really, it seems pointless to overly criticise this line further.

IMO the underwear flashing COULD be explained by an accidental skirt fail after she picked up the chalk. I have at least once seen a woman emerge from the women's bathroom in public with her skirt still accidentally tucked into her tights, flashing underwear. One can only imagine, and feel sorry for the humiliation on a woman's behalf.

Aside from Aiden and Andre, the students in Sophia's class will respect Sophia because as a teacher she has already demonstrated she has their academic interest at heart, so they would share her embarrassment likewise. Of course they would also observe the spectacle, but it doesn't surprise me they would also concentrate on their work to please her and feel some her humiliation themselves. So miss whispers or details.
By and large, I think L&P handled the classroom content with great skill, particularly the attention paid to lighting and perspective.

The scene I found most implausible (and least erotic) was the spontaneous slapping of Andre by Sophia, not that he didn't deserve it. If anything this was the most serious and instantly sackable offence that I believe Sophia would certainly NOT have done.
I can only speak for Germany, of course, but there is no dress code for teachers here. But - every teacher will avoid dressing like Sophia when she takes off her jacket. At least a teacher would do it only once simply because the resulting unrest in the class would disturb her lessons. The students would be permanently distracted and there would be no end to the whispering. From the side of the school management would only influence the dress code if the learning performance of the students would suffer permanently. I asked a school director once.
Women like to be perceived as sexy - but not at all times and not by everyone! And that includes 99.99% of students most class days of the year.
It's in this context that you have to see Sophia's unequivocal reaction to sexually groping Andre. Although in Germany hitting children by teachers in school has been forbidden for a long time, no one will be surprised if a student gets a clear answer from the teacher. The flat hand slap was understandable because Sophia was surprised and already upset by the behavior of the two, Aiden and Andre, and it was justified.

Last edited:

mulerider

Donor
Apr 9, 2020
Thanks. Some great points.

I don't mind admitting I'm more ready to defend the game regards plausibility, because I feel one needs to stretch the imagination in what is after all, a game. Remember, school days for most students (and teachers) are generally routine, dull and often scary in the first place, with mostly none too-hot teachers. But I take your point, there are limits to what is believable, but then would AWAM actually be that exciting or compelling if too near to actuality?

In true reality, Sophia would certainly not be allowed to dress in school as per Aiden's tasks at all. This in my opinion is where the implausibility begins and the rest follows, so really, it seems pointless to overly criticise this line further.

IMO the underwear flashing COULD be explained by an accidental skirt fail after she picked up the chalk. I have at least once seen a woman emerge from the women's bathroom in public with her skirt still accidentally tucked into her tights, flashing underwear. One can only imagine, and feel sorry for the humiliation on a woman's behalf.

Aside from Aiden and Andre, the students in Sophia's class will respect Sophia because as a teacher she has already demonstrated she has their academic interest at heart, so they would share her embarrassment likewise. Of course they would also observe the spectacle, but it doesn't surprise me they would also concentrate on their work to please her and feel some her humiliation themselves. So miss whispers or details.
By and large, I think L&P handled the classroom content with great skill, particularly the attention paid to lighting and perspective.

The scene I found most implausible (and least erotic) was the spontaneous slapping of Andre by Sophia, not that he didn't deserve it. If anything this was the most serious and instantly sackable offence that I believe Sophia would certainly NOT have done.
I can agree to all that you wrote except how she couldn't dress like that in real life teaching.
When i was going to school, we had many female teachers that wore thin blouses (with bras) with mid thigh skirts,
or thin mid thigh summer dresses. Even more so during the summer time (90-105 degrees).

rocopc

Feb 27, 2019
On some routes, like Ellie, Patricia, Sam and GW, v.160 will have no content. v.161, v.165 and v.170 possibly wont either. Update 5 will be the first, and that's Sam content.

v.160 is solely for those on the Dylan route doing Aiden's tasks and/or the bonus storyline
Ok thanks.... so then this update dont even worth my time..... so 6 months of waiting for nothing...... this game its loosing his touch with every new update.... makes me sad

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
No my dude, it’s deleted because a Patreon supporter says they can’t find “the game” - which is indicating some game other than DoL is at issue.
The guy who said he can't find the game isn't the one who got his post deleted. You're mixing things up here, buddy. The posts that got removed are from a different guy criticizing the development speed of the game.

Edit: Hilarious to see L&P's usual handful of lawyers liking Talcum Powder 's post even though his post was completely wrong. These guys... Lmao. :KEK:

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes