Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
So you welcome people laughing at them ?

I don't judge, not my job or my habit / hobby. I'm just disappointed that the place where i used to discuss story development became so toxic
Trust me, the laughter is not at you. With every new user we see ourselves from years back. Also, the never ending circle of recurring rants like yours. No need to take offense.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
So you welcome people laughing at them ?

I don't judge, not my job or my habit / hobby. I'm just disappointed that the place where i used to discuss story development became so toxic
L&P doesn't need defenders. He will do what he chooses, whether praised or criticised & that means slow, going on slower. He certainly doesn't need "new members" with accounts, set up in a sense of outrage, in the interests of balance, for the sake of rehashing old statements, or whatever? Whenever he feels that the criticism is unjust he comes to the thread himself, to blow off steam. He's quite capable of defending himself.

Let's be honest, there are many pirates here, like me, who discuss the game/VN but also want something for nothing. As this is a pirate site, albeit in this case with a moderated thread, it attracts.....pirates, along with other fans. Why is it that pirates need an excuse to post critical comments & need to be taken to task? It's the obvious issues that attract the criticism. L&P has shown, consistently for years, that these issues will not be addressed. If that's the case & IMO after following the game for 5 years, I think it most definitely is, the question could be, why not let the thread go SILENT? I've advocated this as a worthwhile experiment but realise it's virtually impossible. There will always be the one-liners, out of the blue, asking if Dylan has got very far yet, what's in the next update, etc.

AWAM is so good, when it IS good, that it keeps people coming back, in my own case these days, mainly out of curiousity, as in, I want to see what happens next. That is a tribute to the story-telling ability of the Dev. Anyone who feels like defending the speed of development or some other aspect, on the other hand, usually opens with a criticism of the critics. This is one of the reasons for the toxicity of the thread.

L&P has chosen not to engage with the thread for 99% of the time. He doesn't want to communicate & I respect that. I don't like it but that's how it is. This does create something of a vacuum into which we pour comments & it's not surprising that many of these concern the ludicrous timescale for completion, or the broken promises to speed up.

As for myself, I criticise & praise, trying to be objective but that's difficult when discussing a game due to end c30 years from now. I also point out implausible situations or inconsistencies, as with the recent "scripting error" which resulted in the mystery of Sophia's gang meeting outfit. These are things which I feel need highlighting for the sake of the stories.

Now I'm not saying that the Dev owes us pirates anything, he clearly doesn't. He does owe it to himself & his paying Patrons to maintain the integrity of AWAM & yes, to address the outstanding issues.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I am not defending anyone, i don't care about the dev or his mindset or his patrons, i take this game as it is. Just a game. I don't feel entitled to tell him what he should do or what he shouldn't.
And you said it yourself, you are complaining for years about these issues and nothing has changed so far. Proof that it doesn't work.
Now i am not saying you can't complain, you have the right to do so. Everyone does, even pirates. Doing it once or twice a week is fine, but doing this all day long doesn't help and only makes this thread toxic.
Then, it appears we are in agreement, as I don't criticise all day long. There's still the open question, as with, what can we do? Answer....nothing? After this length of time it would be interesting to see what would happen if this thread went, not silent but 'quieter', leaving it to the "where's Dylan?" brigade. It would take an almighty voluntary collective effort & would need to be sustained for a length of time but I'd really like to see it happen. Just a thought....

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I make a point to not engage with spammers and trolls. But IF I were to reply to this, I’d say:

In the last release a black kid slid his hand under the MC’s skirt and groped her bare white ass. That ain’t love?
She’s also showered in the school with bbc janitor while he rubs one out and naked in sauna with Vicky and her bbc boyfriend

Feb 26, 2022
Can't wait for this update, where Sofia will be coerced to ...show her nipples to 16 year old gang members, just to save her karateka son, from getting bullied by (let me fucking repeat that - 16 year old fucking kids). :rolleyes:
I really hope she'll come across those hobos in that alley, where she'll be raped and forcefully double-penetrated.
Now THAT would definitely rekindle our interest in this story.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
what's up with this new user thing? so you are new you can't talk? you need to have 500 posts where you diss the author to talk on this forum ? is that what you saying? Or is it your only argument ?

Im not new, lets say that some admins here are working hard to favor toxic people.
If you've been banned before, then I'm sure there's a solid reason for that. If you think mods favor certain people, you are wrong. Best example is AWAM's off-topic thread where all those gather who have been banned from the main thread. And that's both, critics and L&P friends.

Also, my post wasn't rude or offensive. I was simply talking about the production rate and render counts, criticizing it. Your posts on the other hand are completely off-topic and causing this thread to derail, resulting in discussions that become toxic over time. I'm no moderator, but if I had to take a wild guess, I'd say that's what is getting you thread-banned, and maybe that's also what got your previous account banned aswell.

Toxicity and criticism are two very different things. If you don't like my takes on the game's development, you could of simply ignored them. But instead you decided to start making off-topic comments resulting in several replies from other people which are also off-topic, just like my post here is.

You ask why I care? Because I like the game, and I used to be a patron. Except that for the past ~2 years it's not worth it any more for reasons I mentioned many times. Reasons solely related to the developer, not the game itself. I'd love to be able to say more positive things, but there simply isn't much as the development process becomes worse and worse. So I'm giving my opinions based on the current situation, which is okay I guess?

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Can't wait for this update, where Sofia will be coerced to ...show her nipples to 16 year old gang members, just to save her karateka son, from getting bullied by (let me fucking repeat that - 16 year old fucking kids). :rolleyes:
I really hope she'll come across those hobos in that alley, where she'll be raped and forcefully double-penetrated.
Now THAT would definitely rekindle our interest in this story.
Well, you seem to prefer visual content that I would classify as questionable at best. And no, this kind of content would not arouse my interest, this content would only result in the game disappearing from my computer. But L&P had a new fan for that - you!

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes