Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
I hope this doesn't turn into one of those games where 90% of the "content" is animations. But it's not looking good. And I think that answer is further proof he doesn't actually have an animator, if he did, the animations wouldn't slow down the update progress so much. A good animator can make 2 animations in a week or two, if that.

There is no reason to have 400 animation frames for 2 animations (at 30fps, each animation would be roughly 6-7 seconds) while only having 140 actual renders. And if that walking animation isn't actually in the update, that means he made a 3rd animation just for the heck of it.
:ROFLMAO:Please note that in this update there will be no new animation with Sophia as I have her walking around. There was one more amination left. Probably Don Morelo's men passing by, or a fight. or Aiden tells why Sophia had to come to the meeting.

Axxis

Apr 11, 2022
could someone please tell the writer of this story that the saying goes. "a picture is worth a 1000 words" and not "I need to write a 1000 words for every picture." I am trying to enjoy this novel and it has promise, but the walls of text make it near impossible.

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
could someone please tell the writer of this story that the saying goes. "a picture is worth a 1000 words" and not "I need to write a 1000 words for every picture." I am trying to enjoy this novel and it has promise, but the walls of text make it near impossible.
Speak for yourself buddy, precisely the text is one of the major highlights of this game.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I find L&P's answer very interesting:

Can someone explain to me how has the development speed increased. 140 renders = 5 weeks; last update 514 renders 22 weeks. Seriously I really like to know your train of thoughts on the claim that the pace has increased. What’s really the endgame here 15 to 30 years? We are 6 months in and barely 20% of a single playable day has been developed.

You cannot count it this way. It depends on the scene and how the renders have been created and used. Last update from the 514 renders, around 70 were used for animation frames. Here all 140 renders are actual scene renders and the animations aren't counted as renders. Otherwise it'd be around 400. Plus the alternative scene with Morello's boys contains up to 16 characters which of course complicates the work! And that I put especially much effort into the art which is time consuming as well, I guess you know.
Does he mean he did 400 renders in 5 weeks?

• Haha
Reactions: t3alqdansam

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
uhm so lesbian path for sophia part 2 is like 5 scenes long? Damn this game is really slow on updates :(
I think you mean 5 renders long (6, but close enough). Next update worth playing (for those playing the lesbian route) wont be for a couple of years, until the next Ellie event which isn't scheduled until playable day 14.

The next update with any content at all isn't likely until the salon event later this playable day, but that's still pretty much a Dylan event.

karleston

May 20, 2022
He means that the animations in 0.155 consisted of ~70 renders which also counted towards the ~514 in total for both 0.155+0.160.

And for 0.161 there's apparently 140 renders + 400 for animations.

That being said, it still means that L&P has only created the 140 renders, as his supposed animations pro is creating the 400 renders for animations using Blender. But it's funny how L&P is wording it like he did everything himself, no? Almost like he hasn't got any helper at all. Weird! :LOL:

Anyway, if there's actually 400 extra renders for animations, that I'd consider a decent amount in ~6 weeks. But that would also raise another question... Why in the world did it take so long to create the 70 animation renders for 0.155???

And before people start jumping out of their chairs, animation renders don't take as long to make as they have only slight adjustments to each of them, and Blender is able to do most of it with the press of a button, connecting a starting point and an end point, creating the actual animation on it's own using the assets, lighting, and whatever else you've added, basically (that's simplified).

It also means that a huge amount of time is wasted on animations work and the main problem still persists. No story progression and years to finish a single day.
Are you an animator ?

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Have you asked on Patreon what Dylan's chances are to "plow his aunt"?
another one? Dylan was enough Waifus.sophie/Ellie/Amber/Christine/Emma/Marie and maybe Claire too!!
now nobody ask in patreon how big will be the Dylan/Amber event? :love:

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I find L&P's answer very interesting:

Can someone explain to me how has the development speed increased. 140 renders = 5 weeks; last update 514 renders 22 weeks. Seriously I really like to know your train of thoughts on the claim that the pace has increased. What’s really the endgame here 15 to 30 years? We are 6 months in and barely 20% of a single playable day has been developed.

You cannot count it this way. It depends on the scene and how the renders have been created and used. Last update from the 514 renders, around 70 were used for animation frames. Here all 140 renders are actual scene renders and the animations aren't counted as renders. Otherwise it'd be around 400. Plus the alternative scene with Morello's boys contains up to 16 characters which of course complicates the work! And that I put especially much effort into the art which is time consuming as well, I guess you know.

He means that the animations in 0.155 consisted of ~70 renders which also counted towards the ~514 in total for both 0.155+0.160.

And for 0.161 there's apparently 140 renders + 400 for animations.

That being said, it still means that L&P has only created the 140 renders, as his supposed animations pro is creating the 400 renders for animations using Blender. But it's funny how L&P is wording it like he did everything himself, no? Almost like he hasn't got any helper at all. Weird! :LOL:

Anyway, if there's actually 400 extra renders for animations, that I'd consider a decent amount in ~6 weeks. But that would also raise another question... Why in the world did it take so long to create the 70 animation renders for 0.155???

And before people start jumping out of their chairs, animation renders don't take as long to make as they have only slight adjustments to each of them, and Blender is able to do most of it with the press of a button, connecting a starting point and an end point, creating the actual animation on it's own using the assets, lighting, and whatever else you've added, basically (that's simplified).

It also means that a huge amount of time is wasted on animations work and the main problem still persists. No story progression and years to finish a single day.
The answer from L&P is again complete bullshit.
Those ~70 renders he is talking about are not part of the actual animations but they are "animations". (See my screenshot)
They are those frame by frame choppy low fps DAZ animations and 50 of those are just Andre putting his dick into Jen from 5 different angles.
The actual animations are inside a folder called videos which contains 10 webm files (See second screenshot).
And now he tries to count the frames from the animations his "helper" did to try and convince people that the development didn't slow down at all.
Oh and as always he completely ignores this part "Seriously I really like to know your train of thoughts on the claim that the pace has increased. What’s really the endgame here 15 to 30 years? We are 6 months in and barely 20% of a single playable day has been developed."

Mar 14, 2022
But you just cannot compare the amount of renders between different games in a certain time span! It's like comparing apples to oranges. Every dev has his own style and own preferences which can take up more or less time. If you say 4000 renders and 100 animations, I'd like to know how many of these 4000 renders are actually part of the animations. I heard his animations should be very good, so I'd guess he uses at least 30 frames per animation at an average. This would mean 3000 renders would flow only into the animations!

And what are animations? Exaggerated, it's a hand moving 15 renders front and 15 renders back without changing any tone mapping or other adjustments in that scene.
Lust when talking about other devs numbers: I'd like to know how many of those 4000 renders are from animations!

Lust when doing his own numbers: here are 520 renders (counting the renders from animations)

Ah.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
The answer from L&P is again complete bullshit.
Those ~70 renders he is talking about are not part of the actual animations but they are "animations".
Yup, those renders are not the actual animations. I believe those are the frames that's been used in Blender to...uhm...connect the dots if you will, to then create the actual animation. Basically start-to-end points. Though I must admit that my knowledge is quite limited when it comes to this stuff so maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense based on what I've seen.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Just checked the folder myself. The 70 renders are in no way connected to the real animations. So yeah, L&P's response is complete bullshit.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes