Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I can follow them, although I don't want to see Aiden's tasks as the driving force. But that has very personal reasons how I want to go my way in the game.
The way I see it is that if they weren't a driving force, there's little reason for them to be required for the Dylan route.

Same as how the driving force of the Ellie route is Sophia's sexual frustration - you have to skip all of the initial sex scenes with Liam in order to play the route. It's only once Sophia enjoys the kissing and groping from Ellie instead of Liam that the sex scene after he fixes the lock can be played.

Reactions: Jude6 and xxxorro

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Dylan is first and foremost their son. I don't see any romantic feelings that Sophia has for her son. It's still Dylan stalking his mother and crossing lines that are just embarrassing. (Exception is the photo event).
That a mother is proud of her son and also feels incredibly protected after Dylan knocks down one of the drunk men is normal and has nothing to do with romance. And looking someone deep in the eye is not necessarily an expression of romantic feelings either.
The difference from before is that Sophia feels comfortable with Dylan in a different way, because she increasingly notices that her son is changing, becoming more adult. He goes from being just a child to a son and a young adult that Sophia enjoys being with. But she still loves him only as her son. There is no trace of romance.
Where they see perhaps changed feelings, I see only a corrupted woman who finds it increasingly difficult to deal with their horniness. It is not the rise of Dylan, but the descent of Sophia that makes sexual interaction between the two possible. Not romance, but moral degeneration.
Dylan doesn't have to get better at all for sex, his mother accommodates him.
The switch Dr.Fapalot talks about is therefore not necessary at all. Sophia does not need to see Dylan differently at all.
But, and here is the stumbling block in my argument, this argument of Sophia's moral degeneration to this point only works in the context of all the events Sophia has participated in so far. If only the Dylan route is considered on its own, Sophia's corruption is not enough and we get the break/inconsistency in the Dylan/Sophia story that many complain about.
What you just explained is the format L&P, IMO, intentionally had for the twist before and after its removal. Sophia/Dylan's story was tied into the others because the corruption would bend her will to allow Sophia and Dylan to have their moment eventually. But for some reason, I think he is trying to shift out of that format now from Sophia and Dylan's conversation before and after the hobo fight scene. The problem is the original story format from the beginning doesn't fit this new format. So Part of me wonders if he will change some of the dialog and some scenes to provide this new narrative in the Part I revamp he's doing.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
l&p should get Sophia/Dylan out of that Sex-Ed as much as possible. Otherwise the Sophia/Dylan storyline will surely be an epic fail in the game. Dylan doesn't need Sex-Ed to progress with Sophia. we hope l&p get Sophia/Dylan out of that sex-ed stuff.
Sex-Ed was a bad place to start in the first place. It is very challenging to jump out of that into a relationship feeling with M/S. I'm not a fan of Sex-Ed theme period.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Sex-Ed was a bad place to start in the first place. It is very challenging to jump out of that into a relationship feeling with M/S. I'm not a fan of Sex-Ed theme period.
As I see it the sex-ed theme works better if Dylan is pursuing Emma or Marie, or even Nathalie, as his love interest. It would actually be very interesting, and possibly quite funny/ironic, if Dylan was only getting sex-ed from his mom and wasn't really interested in it but Sophia did get attracted to Dylan through those events. That would be something different - desparate son want's mom's help learning sex is a classic trope if his real motivation is nookie with mommy, mommy is reluctant because she thinks her son is pursuing her. If his real motivation is with someone else then it creates a situation where Sophia wants to push things further with Dylan but he distances from her in favor of his true love interest. It would be interesting if he was the one that ended up thinking "Ew, gross. You're my mom."

As a side benefit, this adds a lot to Sophia's sexual frustration and might make her throwing herself at the next male with a pulse - postman, janitor, movers, whatever - even more plausible.
[edit] Maybe plausible is too strong a word...[/edit]
My opinion, that sounds better than what the sex-ed route is going to turn into.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
As I see it the sex-ed theme works better if Dylan is pursuing Emma or Marie, or even Nathalie, as his love interest. It would actually be very interesting, and possibly quite funny/ironic, if Dylan was only getting sex-ed from his mom and wasn't really interested in it but Sophia did get attracted to Dylan through those events. That would be something different - desparate son want's mom's help learning sex is a classic trope if his real motivation is nookie with mommy, mommy is reluctant because she thinks her son is pursuing her. If his real motivation is with someone else then it creates a situation where Sophia wants to push things further with Dylan but he distances from her in favor of his true love interest. It would be interesting if he was the one that ended up thinking "Ew, gross. You're my mom."

As a side benefit, this adds a lot to Sophia's sexual frustration and might make her throwing herself at the next male with a pulse - postman, janitor, movers, whatever - even more plausible.
[edit] Maybe plausible is too strong a word...[/edit]
My opinion, that sounds better than what the sex-ed route is going to turn into.
postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman postman

Reactions: hydraki46

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What you just explained is the format L&P, IMO, intentionally had for the twist before and after its removal. Sophia/Dylan's story was tied into the others because the corruption would bend her will to allow Sophia and Dylan to have their moment eventually. But for some reason, I think he is trying to shift out of that format now from Sophia and Dylan's conversation before and after the hobo fight scene. The problem is the original story format from the beginning doesn't fit this new format. So Part of me wonders if he will change some of the dialog and some scenes to provide this new narrative in the Part I revamp he's doing.
I agree with you - he has written himself into a bit of a corner with the Sophia/Dylan relationship. The writing and story should give us, with both introspection (Sophia) and action (Sophia and Dylan) the ability to advance the relationship 'realistically.' It should be more difficult for Dylan to achieve some of what Sam did due to the fact that he is Sophia's son.

I don't see a way for Dylan to 'catch up' to Sam (regarding sexual progression) by the end of the PD.

It would be a shame if the below was what happens.

zzzzzzzmagic.png

Zacko man

Mar 2, 2022
Reading the story's context up to this point would be best. At no moment before this scene did she express any feelings or thoughts that made her feel this way. There was no build-up to this point. It was nothing but "Sex-Ed." Now all of a sudden, after one fight with drinking hobos, She expresses interest in Dylan. L&P should have established a build-up point around the bikini event to show that she could have acknowledged that Dylan started making her feel different and was conflicted with her feelings toward Dylan.

If you compare some of the other stories, like Ellie and Sam, you can see a build-up; although it's quick, it has a sequence you can follow. At the same time, Dylan doesn't have that. So is Dylan going to catch up? Yes, but is it going to be a flip of the switch? This is highly likely because now, per L&P, there is a cool-down period that has to ramp back up again, and he can't build the story up anymore, So he will have to make it hot.

So it's not about her seeing him as a strong protector; her feelings about Dylan are changing. It's how Sophia arrived here with Dylan that is the issue. So that's my problem with the Sophia/Dylan story atm. Also, Dylan is supposed to cruise past Sam in the evening event.
l&p should get Sophia/Dylan out of that Sex-Ed as much as possible. Otherwise the Sophia/Dylan storyline will surely be an epic fail in the game. Dylan doesn't need Sex-Ed to progress with Sophia. we hope l&p get Sophia/Dylan out of that sex-ed stuff.
Let's see next Sophia/Dylan events, we'll have to wait and see if L&p will continue the sex-ed thing or if Sophia/Dylan will come out of the sex-ed.
I agree with you, I think sex-ed is like a dumb weird and lifeless doll game. There are no feelings, attraction, love and thoughts in sex-ed. The Sophia/Dylan realashship in the game is similarly flat at the moment. Those 3 devil kids of 2nd side job need sex-ed. Sex-ed makes sense for that storyline. But It doesn't make sense for the Sophia/Dylan storyline. I don't think Dylan needs sex-ed. It also doesn't require sex-ed for Dylan to progress after the Soohia/Dylan last jogging event.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
As I see it Sex-ed was implanted so that the story makes more sense at the start. But now when Sophia sees Dylan more as a man the idea will be put aside and their relationship will improve more on feelings just like it happens with Sam

Reactions: |UserName|

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I agree with you, I think sex-ed is like a dumb weird and lifeless doll game. There are no feelings, attraction, love and thoughts in sex-ed. The Sophia/Dylan realashship in the game is similarly flat at the moment. Those 3 devil kids of 2nd side job need sex-ed. Sex-ed makes sense for that storyline. But It doesn't make sense for the Sophia/Dylan storyline. I don't think Dylan needs sex-ed. It also doesn't require sex-ed for Dylan to progress after the Soohia/Dylan last jogging event.
In L&P view, mother and son can come closer only through them sex-Ed and lust. Everything else (love, affection, romance) is excluded in the long run. Unfortunately! :cautious:

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes