armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Poll Update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well,Liam get to the sacred 13.
Let me play my broken record once more: if one month it had dropped below 1,000, we'd see a sudden and significant improvement in development pace and his work ethics overall. There's a slim chance he could lose his interest altogether, but that would mean finding some actual job, which I presume is a no no.
The pattern you just observed has been embraced by him long ago and is perfectly ok with him. The 600 he gains right before the release pays him a bonus for the traditional post-release vacation.
Such a decrease can happen if the game get abandoned tag.
But the dev smartly split the day on 10 parts to avoid getting the tag.Otherwise if he was still on 1 full day in 1 update,the game for sure will get the tag.
You have a point, but at the same time this is an unfiltered, NSFW forum, so from time to time me(and others) are gonna voice some unfiltered thoughts on the characters in the game.
I'm not Dylan, but certain character traits he has do feel relatable, so he ends up being a sympathetic character to me.
On the other hand Sam, specially early on, plays like an oportunistic weasel, using his friendship to well... weasel his way win.

I still play his route, because my number 1 priority is making Sophia as filthy as possible (and scenes can be hillarious with how dumb she gets), still, in RL i'd be wanting to give that opportunistic fuck a black eye, no doubt about it.

LP is pushing the envelope on how slow can you make a story be... make it look like we are heading to somewhere interesting with one character, next thing character gets forgotten for a year, while everyone else catches up.
Nothing that accelerates the story "globally" happens, and sometimes in between these character hiatus it feels like Sophia cooled off, the escalation never happens.
There is no character in the game(except Sophia) that is getting updates in only an year.Even major characters like Ellie and Dylan have top wait 2-3 years for their next scene with Sophia.

Last edited:

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Usually, I would make a post on what I think is going to happen in the next update, or at least what I would do. However, this time around, I'm like, meh, can't even be bothered. This VN is fascinating from a developer standpoint but I hate to say it, but this slow-burn storytelling is getting old. I'm all for taking your time and still say that even though there has not been sex, there have been a lot of really hot scenes but heck, AWAM needs something big, something that shakes up everything, either Sophia has sex or there is a major consequence for Sophia in regards to something.

Was a perfect chance in the last update to shake things up by having Julia actually catch Sophia and Sam. We know this update won't have sex, as Dylan only catches up with Sam but doesn't go further. Maybe we find out Dylan was watching from the bedroom and did see Sam with Sophia but doubt it, as the convo Dylan had in his head with himself in the car, no doubt he mention it there if he was watching.

I'm so over the slow burn in this and losing interest in AWAM.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. In particular, the fact that L&P ignored the opportunities that resulted from the event between Sophia and Sam (and which he so clearly hinted at) was really very disappointing. Especially with a Dylan who would have known about this event, the story could really pick up speed, without blackmailers like Aiden, etc.

As someone who enjoys slow burns to build up to sex the problem seem to be the number of possible partners and the development time. The dev builds up the anticipation for sex and when it seems there will be some they stop in order to focus on the buildup of another character. This become a bigger problem when the focus is on a character(s) the player may not be into.

The way other games I enjoy seem to get around this is by having updates focus on multiple characters per update. An example may be that instead of focusing on just Dylan the update should also focus on Ellie. Next update could be Sam and Patricia or something like that. This way its possible that players can still be entertained if they aren't into one of the focused characters considering the time needed between updates.
In my opinion, Dylan would be by far the best character in AWAM to accelerate the story. He is a little manipulative, has a voyeur skill and the motivation. Also he is well connected to the other characters of the main story. If Dylan had a little more knowlege (e.g. about Sophia action with Sam), and would be given the opportunity by L&P to influence other chracters, this could result in a fun story hat is much faster as these ever-repeating mini advances of the last few years.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Decisions alone do not make an interesting story. It needs consequences, where the actions made in the context of one character have effects on the actions with other characters. That is why especially Dylan and Ellie are so important. Sophia cannot detach herself emotionally from them because they are her children, so in a good story, the two react to the actions Sophia has with other characters and possibly even be involved (whether directly or indirectly). That is why, for example, a decision in relation to Dylan to either have a more romantically mindset about Sophia or also like to watch her doing stuff with others, allows for a good story.

Only through consequences, there are also some truly exciting events.Especially when you look at the combination between Dylan/Sophia/Amber/Sam, there is a lot of potential. Take the event in the pool as an example. Here, the competition between Sam and Dylan was the trigger for an event that would have had much less meaning and, above all, would have been much less excitetent without the presence of Sam and Sophia. Also, the event between Sophia and Sam, was made more exciting by the possibility of them being caught by others close to them. Decisive for a good story here is not only what happens between Sophia and Sam, but the consequences this event may have on their environment. Just imaging Dylan will be able to watch them some day. This makes an interesting story, because it would have an impact on him and therefore also on Sophia.
Except that it's stupidly easy to detach from the Dylan route. Just don't accept Aiden's demands, because there's no reason to anyway. The benefits are better for Dylan in the long run, since he's getting a better education on Carl's dime.
Jesus you must barely ever play this. One of the best storylines is the shota stuff I think
The shota storyline is one of the most idiotic. Makes absolutely no sense considering her training and upbringing

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Who said the development was going fast? If we compare this version to Sam's, in day 16 of development (today) he was at 35% and 35%...
You are right. But we should also consider that Sam's release (v0.175) then slowed its pace because of the animations and also because of that thing about merging the two scenes he said it took some time (and he never explained). If what he said about having already prepared everything for the animation(s) so that they can be worked in parallel is true, then **maybe** this one will have a more "steady" pace. We will see.
Here is the % progress wrt the production days (counting from the first post with a change in % to have a common baseline for all) where I highlighted the current v0.185 and Sam's v0.175 for reference.

1677790512283.png

The other question is the number of renders for this event. Since this time he planned ahead he should already have a good ballpark of the size of the event.
If we play the usual game of trying to guess the final number of renders from the graph of the number of renders Vs production days to align the different "paces", here are some hypothesis for

250 renders (it would be a very slow pace in terms of render/days)
1677790672981.png

300 renders (it would be aligned or close to the previous release v0.180 which had all the problems we know in terms of production)
1677790722950.png

350 renders (it would be getting closer to the past releases)
1677790772843.png

400 (it **seems** a reasonable amount for a pace in his previous standard)
1677790803651.png

450 (another record breaking release? It would be close to v0.175, at least initially because the latter then had a change in pace)
1677790851720.png

So something in between 400 and 450? Another big one? :unsure:

Last edited:

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Except that it's stupidly easy to detach from the Dylan route. Just don't accept Aiden's demands, because there's no reason to anyway. The benefits are better for Dylan in the long run, since he's getting a better education on Carl's dime.
I have no idea why you want the most important and popular character next to Sophia out of the game. I at least see it the other way and hope that Dylan uses his influence on Sophia to finally speed up the story. Ideally, Dylan and Sam team up, to have some fun with both Sophia and Amber. :D

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
i think in the next update sophia should wear red bikini so dylan can relate to what she said women wear red to seduce and ask her about that
or at least let patreon choose which bikini

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
If what he said about having already prepared everything for the animation(s) so that they can be worked in parallel is true, then **maybe** this one will have a more "steady" pace. We will see.
I mean, he's also said during the development of Sam's event that animations are being created simultaneously and wouldn't cause any delay or prolong the cycle, so I don't really see what all the prep talk was for this time around, other than having an excuse for the 3 week idle time after release of 0.180, which he may have used to work on the Part 01 remaster as can be seen in the February 14th devblog over on Patreon.

Then again, he's also said the remaster wouldn't cause any delays either which in itself doesn't make any sense if he's working on it in-between development cycles. But L&P says many things, so... :p

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I have no idea why you want the most important and popular character next to Sophia out of the game. I at least see it the other way and hope that Dylan uses his influence on Sophia to finally speed up the story. Ideally, Dylan and Sam team up, to have some fun with both Sophia and Amber. :D
Because I'm not into the M/S kink

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes