Jul 13, 2022
I left the game after where Sophia got groped by Aiden's friend outside. Has there been any significant development after that about main character Sophia ?

and are developers of the game incest / pedo or something ? why they only force people about dylan ? as if it is impossible to put an normal adult character for Sophia to interact ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ancienregimele

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
I'd say it's closer to 40 years. If each day averages 10 events, ('some will be smaller but some could be larger'....thought I'd say that, even though it's self-evident, before somebody else says it), with each event taking the time they are now, i.e. 2-3 months, it could average 2 & a half years for each playable day. That's not counting animations, mini-games, polls, gradually redrafting the earlier PDs of AWAM, progressing DoL, sorting the game out to be acceptable for Steam, any as yet unused delaying tactics, or the latest activity announced by the Dev, of bringing the number of Dylan's scenarios to a par with Sophia's. [AWAM now requires a "male protagonist" tag for the real MC].

I'm aware there are fans who relish the idea, or couldn't care less. Hopefully the majority will be alive in 40 years time to discover whether they still feel the same. It's more likely that reality, (or something), will kick in at some point, because believing this will continue in the same old style for another 40 years, is itself a fantasy but not an erotic one.
AWAM will never be finished because in maybe even less than 5-10 years will be outdated completely. I do not know many things regarding game development but I have the feeling that L&P is not full time Dev anymore. The continuity of the game has been lost and events out of no where and without any sense has been added like the school threesome and Sophia's groping from Aiden's friends. I do not expect from an adult game to be fully realistic but the latter was absolute stupidity. In any case it still remains one of the best adult VN around.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
AWAM will never be finished because in maybe even less than 5-10 years will be outdated completely. I do not know many things regarding game development but I have the feeling that L&P is not full time Dev anymore. The continuity of the game has been lost and events out of no where and without any sense has been added like the school threesome and Sophia's groping from Aiden's friends. I do not expect from an adult game to be fully realistic but the latter was absolute stupidity. In any case it still remains one of the best adult VN around.
It is not like he will be penalized by the AVN Guild for failing to complete AWAM. He can opt for the 'take the money and run' scenario.

I think the Steam release will soak up significant time if he is trying to do it right. He could release it as 'Season 1' and then sell the 'franchise' to another creator based on how well he did on Steam combined with average monthly earnings for the last X months.

As it stands - AWAM has longevity as an idea but not as an AVN. How many saves get broken with minor updates to Renpy let alone whole number Renpy updates; what kind of hardware investment will he need to make the upgrade to 1080p, 1440, and eventually 2K for resolution? This is not needed to be competitive now but given AWAM's 25+ years or more until completion, L&P will have to invest in the hardware for the upgrades.

What kind of fidelity will be needed for animations that 'pop' and are competitive with top tier AVNs in 10 years? 20 years?

What about the creators who are embedding voice over into animations using AI?

We're already seeing a major influx of AVNs using AI for image creation. These images are nowhere near as good as those in top tier AVNs, but I could see AI assists in the next 5-10 years (for example, take an image and - using a series of predictive motions based on instructions to the AI, add in motion like turning the heads of characters to follow another character who is moving or as different characters talk. This would be akin to taking a .jpeg image and turning it into a .gif file based on canned instructions AI programmers will sell as mods to Daz and other image creation software).

How will this impact AWAM's ability to stay competitive.

The story used to be a major part of AWAM's competitiveness but that is no longer the case as L&P has tried to cater to so many different parts of his fan base that the story is effectively broken as a cohesive work. It is now just a series of related vignettes, due in part to the huge slow down in development speed.

Milfy City was one of my favorite AVNs when it came out but, when you compare it's graphics to top tier AVNs now? It is no longer a top tier creation. AWAM is heading for this same result unless L&P invests major $ in hardware and team building since he will be trying to increase speed of development while he redoes the early parts of AWAM - and we all know how well L&P does with team building...

When will L&P have to declare a lock on AWAM part 2 and then make the major upgrades to start part 3? Who will be performing the remaster of both parts 1 & 2 while part 3 has moved on to higher resolutions, more complex animations and some level of AI assist?

How many of us will be labeled 'Rats' for telling the truth to someone who does not want to/is unable to adapt?

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
IS IT ONLY ME OR INTEREST IN THIS GAME FROM PEOPLE IS DECLINING UPDATE TO UPDATE
Plenty of games on this site go ages between updates, but for various reasons AWAM and L&P have really attracted the ire of the self-proclaimed "anti-milking" brigade and others who seem to think L&P owe them something. While some of them are perhaps former patrons who have grown bitter, others seem to think throwing anonymous tantrums here will yield positive results.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I left the game after where Sophia got groped by Aiden's friend outside. Has there been any significant development after that about main character Sophia ?

and are developers of the game incest / pedo or something ? why they only force people about dylan ? as if it is impossible to put an normal adult character for Sophia to interact ?
No significant development. There's only been 5(?) events after the one you mentioned in your post, and we're still on the same playable day. The game is simply not progressing anymore with the way L&P is developing it in recent years.

Regarding the "pedo" / incest content, I'd say L&P is indeed focusing more on such events, but the main issue is, as stated above, the terribly slow development of the game which makes a couple events revolving around those children feel like an eternity as we have to wait years for other (adult) characters to show up again.

This unfortunately adds to the feeling of there only being content involving children as a couple events take L&P a year or more to release, and this entire playable day consists only of this kinda stuff. We might get lucky in a year from now...or maybe not.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Plenty of games on this site go ages between updates, but for various reasons AWAM and L&P have really attracted the ire of the self-proclaimed "anti-milking" brigade and others who seem to think L&P owe them something. While some of them are perhaps former patrons who have grown bitter, others seem to think throwing anonymous tantrums here will yield positive results.
You, just like someone else a couple days ago, completely ignore the amount of content delivered here.

Example:

- Developer A releases 1 render every single day for 6 months, resulting in a total of ~180 renders
- Developer B releases 800 renders after a 6 month development cycle in a single update

You somehow act like Developer A is the real deal.

Plenty of games on this site go ages between updates, but for various reasons AWAM and L&P have really attracted the ire of the self-proclaimed "anti-milking" brigade and others who seem to think L&P owe them something.
This part in particular is exactly what L&P was aiming for when he switched from 1/3rd PD releases every 5-6 months to single event (1/10th PD) releases back in 2022. Gullible people who think that this means more content and more story progression when infact he's gotten slower by another ~30%, releasing WAY less renders per year overall than any year prior to the switch. Wake up.

This ain't about L&P owing me or anyone anything either. It's just what it is. Facts.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
You, just like someone else a couple days ago, completely ignore the amount of content delivered here.

Example:

- Developer A releases 1 render every single day for 6 months, resulting in a total of ~180 renders
- Developer B releases 800 renders after a 6 month development cycle in a single update

You somehow act like Developer A is the real deal.

This part in particular is exactly what L&P was aiming for when he switched from 1/3rd PD releases every 5-6 months to single event (1/10th PD) releases back in 2022. Gullible people who think that this means more content and more story progression when infact he's gotten slower by another ~30%, releasing WAY less renders per year overall than any year prior to the switch. Wake up.

This ain't about L&P owing me or anyone anything either. It's just what it is. Facts.
I don't disagree. And I have no quarrel with people who lose interest or otherwise find the pace frustrating, due to the slow progress. What drives me nuts is when people are getting something for free here but still act like L&P is ripping them off. If supporters on Patreon complain about the pace or other issues, that's the place for it. People can certainly come here and express their disappointment, frustration, etc., but when page after page is just anger and complaining, it undermines the community and makes this a really shitty thread to visit. I wish the game would move faster but in the meantime, there are plenty of other games out there.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I've stated more than once that L&P owes me nothing & as a result he delivers nothing, (to me). AWAM is given by others. I have other Patreon subs but there's no way I'd ever pay for this game & what the Dev has decided to make of it, along with how much he chooses to work on it. That's his prerogative, as it is mine not to pay for it. I've never called him a milker but have pointed out, correctly, that milking a "cash cow" is a standard, acceptable, common business practice that stems from a managerial decision. It carries risks but so does getting up in the morning.

If you think that making constructive suggestions, (something I stopped doing a while ago, for obvious reasons), is "throwing an anonymous tantrum," then so be it. There is no way that any comments on this thread, which is known to be perused occasionally by the Dev, will yield positive results. That goes for the positive postings as well as the negative. It also applies to criticism of the critics & comments in defence of the Dev. ALL of the comments provide a huge amount of free publicity but I've written on that issue before. Only the paying Patrons count, again for obvious reasons.

Why then would anybody post anything at all? Comments are posted in order to convey opinions. It is a discussion forum, after all. It was good when these could mainly concern the game, along with character & story developments. There used to be so many positive aspects to discuss & speculate upon but that was then, this is now & AWAM is a travesty of what it was IMO.

There's an old saying that goes, "If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all." Critics of the critics often seem to have such an approach. It's a polite way of telling others to STFU. It's generally ignored.

I'd like to see a complete absence of all kinds of activity on this thread between updates, just once, to see what would happen. It's virtually impossible to envisage. It probably wouldn't make any difference but it would make for a different, experimental approach.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
That has to be what has been identified by the Dev as the kinds of things that the majority of the paying Patrons want, otherwise it wouldn't be happening. These interests coincide with the Dev's favourite character & kinks, which for him is a happy situation.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes