tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
First of all, I think it is important to keep in mind that the use of assets is a common practice. This is really no secret and should not surprise anyone.

Second, it's probably more about what you do with those resources. You only have to look at how bad the art of the large mass of games here actually is. In addition to the assest, there is also a lot of knowledge and experience involved, for example, to get the light for a scene right or position the charaketere so that they appear alive and do not look like dolls.

Anyway, For me it is really difficult to estimate how much effort is really involved in the creation of an update. Personally, I assume that L&P is significantly faster and doesn't need that much time for the development of an update as he currently claims. However, I cannot know this.

The decisive factor is that this project is simply progressing too slowly, considering the amount of content that is still planned. I see the best way to do this is to eliminate the unnecessary. Eliminating the side stories (e.g. the old guys, or all that gangster bullshit) could save a lot of time. Also, the animations really don't add anything to the game, because they are simply bad compared to the images and pull you out of the story rather than supporting it. Omitting them could certainly save some development time.
The reason I'm disappointed isn't because he uses Daz Markets.

The reason I'm disappointed is that whenever people ask him to hire staff to increase work efficiency and speed up work, he has always said that he doesn't want "his art" to be ruined by others.

However, he did not create many things such as the main character, surrounding characters, face, hair style, clothes, house, school, etc but copied them.
Copy = imitation, including purchase.

• Angry
Reactions: roro

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
Copy = imitation, including purchase.
All of this is interesting...:unsure:

Yes you have pulled back the curtain on the wizards secrets and exposed the methods for how this is done.
But in defence, if this was all done from scratch then this story would be still on PD01.
Before you judge, down load the software.. then the characters, then the hair and clothes.. and finally the mansion environment.. Then start rendering.. see how the nuances of the software produce very different results.. There is time.. Dedication and learning involved in achieving the level of render quality you all enjoy.. This is not just throwing characters and clothing into an environment such as you do in the sims..
On a side note:
I wonder if the same arguments will be made when AI becomes the standard??.. There is no originality with AI at all.. Everything a large language model does is based on what a human has already done.... Be careful for what you wish for... and I would suggest take the time to understand the process before critiquing the product. Just my 2 cents..

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Bullshit. It's perfectly normal to achieve greater things based on the work of others. The point is that the result is more than just the sum of the parts you've brought in from the outside.
All of this is interesting...:unsure:

Yes you have pulled back the curtain on the wizards secrets and exposed the methods for how this is done.
But in defence, if this was all done from scratch then this story would be still on PD01.
Before you judge, down load the software.. then the characters, then the hair and clothes.. and finally the mansion environment.. Then start rendering.. see how the nuances of the software produce very different results.. There is time.. Dedication and learning involved in achieving the level of render quality you all enjoy.. This is not just throwing characters and clothing into an environment such as you do in the sims..
On a side note:
I wonder if the same arguments will be made when AI becomes the standard??.. There is no originality with AI at all.. Everything a large language model does is based on what a human has already done.... Be careful for what you wish for... and I would suggest take the time to understand the process before critiquing the product. Just my 2 cents..
The reason I'm disappointed isn't because he uses Daz Markets.

The reason I'm disappointed is that whenever people ask him to hire staff to increase work efficiency and speed up work, he has always said that he doesn't want "his art" to be ruined by others.

However, he did not create many things such as the main character, surrounding characters, face, hair style, clothes, house, school, etc but copied them.

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
Yep your missing the point.... The artistry is not in using the Daz3d resources.. Its the skill and time taken to learn how they are best used.

Reactions: Whitekink

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
lol, these are assets made to use by other people.
You have no idea what the point is.

I mean, he cheated like an artist who feels the pain of creation.

He was able to hire people who knew how to use Daz, and he had no problem hiring them.

He has nothing but paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toushiro

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
You have no idea what the point is.

I mean, he cheated like an artist who feels the pain of creation.

He was able to hire people who knew how to use Daz, and he had no problem hiring them.

All he did was paint.
Point = the top of some people's head.
especially on those who do not allow a different point of view.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Copy = the exact reproduction of an original.
Copy = to convert verbal information into text . As in the much-abused, I Copy or, as ignorant people would say I Copy That.
I can't speak English well enough to understand you're.

I just wanted to point out that the reason I used the word "copied" in my post was to include both "copied and bought".

I know I don't mean it lexically.

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
If imitation is art, China is a country of artists.
No... your missing the point (again).. this is not imitation.. its use of media.. Skill in use of Rendering software is similar to skills in photography. In the hands of a novice you could give a 5D SLR camera, a world class model.. and a Caribbean sunset.. but is the result a guaranteed world class photograph.. I think not.. Your iPhone or your Galaxy can take a decent photo.. but its not going to get you a job at Vogue or National Geographic...

Reactions: Jude6 and roro

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
No... your missing the point (again).. this is not imitation.. its use of media.. Skill in use of Rendering software is similar to skills in photography. In the hands of a novice you could give a 5D SLR camera, a world class model.. and a Caribbean sunset.. but is the result a guaranteed world class photograph.. I think not.. Your iPhone or your Galaxy can take a decent photo.. but its not going to get you a job at Vogue or National Geographic...
You are pun intended.

Same Daz user means same camera.

Top-class photographers do not compete with quality, but with composition.

Top-class photographers tell a story in one photo.

Even if I admit what you said, all LP did was shoot with expensive equipment, and that can be solved by lending an employee the same equipment.

All he did was put the hairstyle he bought on the face model he bought.

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
You are pun intended.

Even if I admit what you said, all LP did was shoot with expensive equipment, and that can be solved by lending an employee the same equipment.

I'll try and simplify it for you.

Two identical cars, two different drivers, one is better than the other.
It's not the car but the driver's skills.

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
You are pun intended.

Its all good.. was only trying to explain the skill and process.. Not enter into a debate or argument.. Your mind is already made up so the discussion is a moot point.. Not really sure how you are gong to learn anything if your not willing to listen.. To clarify.. I'm not defending L&P.. I'm only defending the process I also use for my own content.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes