tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
I'll try and simplify it for you.

Two identical cars, two different drivers, one is better than the other.
It's not the car but the driver's skills.
The reason I said you were punning is that rendering is different from a photographer's job and different from driving skills.

Rendering is not a realm of art, but a realm of labor.

Offline work produces different results with the same equipment and the same skills, but it is not a computer.

If you work with the same model and the same program, you will get the same result.

• Angry
Reactions: roro

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
You are pun intended.

Same Daz user means same camera.

Top-class photographers do not compete with quality, but with composition.

Top-class photographers tell a story in one photo.

Even if I admit what you said, all LP did was shoot with expensive equipment, and that can be solved by lending an employee the same equipment.

All he did was put the hairstyle he bought on the face model he bought.
that's not true, every programmer makes a difference, even with the same hardware.
take the fan art I did with sophia dylan and jessica as an example; see sophia and jessica's dress:
jessica's is very tight and even with the body, it takes a lot of time to do it.
sophia's is simply fixed.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Its all good.. was only trying to explain the skill and process.. Not enter into a debate or argument.. Your mind is already made up so the discussion is a moot point.. Not really sure how you are gong to learn anything if your not willing to listen.. To clarify.. I'm not defending L&P.. I'm only defending the process I also use for my own content.
what course?

What are you doing?

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
that's not true, every programmer makes a difference, even with the same hardware.
take the fan art I did with sophia dylan and jessica as an example; see sophia and jessica's dress:
jessica's is very tight and even with the body, it takes a lot of time to do it.
sophia's is simply fixed.
It is to say that it is work, not art.

And the difference between fan art and games is not a difference in skill, but a difference in labor.

And the difference in labor arises from the difference between whether there is income or not.

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
The reason I said you were punning is that rendering is different from a photographer's job and different from driving skills.

Offline work produces different results with the same equipment and the same skills, but it is not a computer.

If you work with the same model and the same program, you will get the same result.
No you are 110% wrong with this assumption.
As I said earlier. Have a play with the software and see if you can produce an L&P standard Render. Maybe when you have a clue comment.. until then :censored::censored:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
No you are 110% wrong with this assumption.
As I said earlier. Have a play with the software and see if you can produce an L&P standard Render. Maybe when you have a clue comment.. until then :censored::censored:
You said you explained the process of what you do.

reveal what you're doing

I'll see if you make a game.

I'll see if you render the building.

I'll see if you made fan art.

tell me what you did

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022

If you think of the car as the software and assets (the same for everyone), then you're left with the driver (renderer/Dev) at the controls....some are better than others.

I have to disagree with you.

Rendering is an art, placing and manipulating the models, clothes, hair, expressions etc. to look correct and good, as well as the setting, lighting and shade...something that is very much in common with a photographers skills.

As for your last sentence, this is what I and others are trying to explain to you...no you won't end up with the same result, as everybody is different and some are better than others.
Have a go and see. I think you'll find how difficult it really is!!

Last edited:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
I used to be active on the Fanart thread but moved 2 years ago to 8muses.
You can see what I do here.
I saw.

Are you sure that if you direct the work like an employer and an employee rather than just handing over a synopsis, you won't get the results you want when you let someone else do the work for you?

Reactions: ST-9Pol

Devil3D

Aug 10, 2021
I saw.

Are you sure that if you direct the work like an employer and an employee rather than just handing over a synopsis, you won't get the results you want when you let someone else do the work for you?
Would you pay someone to cook you an egg when you know you can cook it yourself?

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
I saw.

If you spend many hours with the employee training them in your style, and if you share with the employee all of your assets, and if the employee is competent in the process and has the necessary skills.. then yes.. you will get similar results.. But this assumes you are working in the same design studio. If you are collaborating with others around the globe then the process become exponentially harder... As I previously stated I am not defending L&P's process.. But I can relate to the issues he/she experiences.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
If you think of the car as the software and assets (the same for everyone), then you're left with the driver (renderer/Dev) at the controls....some are better than others.

I have to disagree with you.

Rendering is an art, placing and manipulating the models, clothes, hair, expressions etc. to look correct and good, as well as the setting, lighting and shade...something that is very much in common with a photographers skills.

As for your last sentence, this is what I and others are trying to explain to you...no you won't end up with the same result, as everybody is different and some are better than others.
Have a go and see. I think you'll find how difficult it really is!!
LP bought that face, hair, etc. or imitated.

Drawing by hand is different from drawing lines, pulling, and arranging colors.

If LP hires an employee and gives him detailed instructions, he can get exactly the same result he wants.

And I'm not saying it's easy or hard.

It's about whether someone else can do it or not.

Reactions: Toushiro

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
If you spend many hours with the employee training them in your style, and if you share with the employee all of your assets, and if the employee is competent in the process and has the necessary skills.. then yes.. you will get similar results.. But this assumes you are working in the same design studio. If you are collaborating with others around the globe then the process become exponentially harder... As I previously stated I am not defending L&P's process.. But I can relate to the issues he/she experiences.
He bought everything from his face to his hairstyle to his school and house. or would have bought

I won't tell you about rendering.

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
LP bought that face, hair, etc. or imitated.

Drawing by hand is different from drawing lines, pulling, and arranging colors.

If LP hires an employee and gives him detailed instructions, he can get exactly the same result he wants.

And I'm not saying it's easy or hard.

It's about whether someone else can do it or not.
You've avoided replying to what I said and the point I was trying to make.

You seem to think given the same tools and equipment, everyone/anyone will produce the same result.

Whatever employment you have, you must realise that is not the case, or else you're not willing to understand.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You've avoided replying to what I said and the point I was trying to make.

You seem to think given the same tools and equipment, everyone/anyone will produce the same result.

Whatever employment you have, you must realise that is not the case, or else you're not willing to understand.
I'm not talking about everyone.

When LP said he was looking for someone to do the job, I believe he didn't mean "anyone."

To believe that no one can replace you is to deny the company.

A carpenter can be replaced by a carpenter.
Every job, let alone an office worker, can find someone to work for them.

I'm not saying LP should throw the synopsis at someone else.

I am saying that if he gives the employee the model, face, body type and hairstyle he purchased, he will get the desired result.

He would have a great deal of trouble making the same hairstyle if he hadn't also bought a hairstyle.

Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes