Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The point I'm trying to make is that Dylan made some progress with Sophia that night, even without the alternative restaurant event. The bathroom event is there in both paths. So it's definitely possible to progress also with Sophia without this event, just via a path with Ellie (which could still include the threesome I am hoping for).

In general, Interwoven paths are more exciting. That's one of the reasons I still hope Dylan was watching Sophia and Sam. More voyeur scenes would be perfekt. Sophia has watched Ellie some Times, maybe she will viel an event between Dylan und Ellie, so a 2nd path for a threesome would be possible.
Except that by definition, the bonus storyline doesn't have Sophia as a major component. We were told that from the very beginning. Whilst she can pop in from time to time, like speaking to Dylan to see what his plans are for the night, that's the extent of her involvement.

Sophia doesn't even know where Christine lives, so how could she spy on Dylan and Ellie. I don't even know if Sophia knows Ellie is there.

The only interwoven routes really at the moment is Ellie and Patricia. And yeah, that's pretty great. But that's only because the three of them had the Nightclub event together, so Ellie knows that her aunt can push Sophia's buttons.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Except that by definition, the bonus storyline doesn't have Sophia as a major component. We were told that from the very beginning. Whilst she can pop in from time to time, like speaking to Dylan to see what his plans are for the night, that's the extent of her involvement.

Sophia doesn't even know where Christine lives, so how could she spy on Dylan and Ellie. I don't even know if Sophia knows Ellie is there.

The only interwoven routes really at the moment is Ellie and Patricia. And yeah, that's pretty great. But that's only because the three of them had the Nightclub event together, so Ellie knows that her aunt can push Sophia's buttons.

This will certainly not happen with this update, but maybe at some point in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The fact that Sophia is the main focus does not mean that her family not also develops and thus advances the story of A wife and mother. To believe that Sophia must be included in every update is clearly nonsense. The updates are now too small for that.

In my opinion, Dylan and Ellie are worth the effort. It's a really well-developed story that repeatedly has an impact on Sophia. Take, for example, the beach scene. Here, the conflict between the two ultimately led to an event between Sophia and Dylan. I honestly hope that L&P will give more space to the story about the two of them, and later Sophia as a threesome. The whole thing has a lot of potential and shouldn't be destroyed by someone thinking that the game should only revolve around Sophia. That would be far too shallow. It is called "A Wife and mother" and not just "Sophia".
The problem with that is,you have to choose between Sophia and Ellie event,you can't have both.
And if you go with Sophia event,probably that is the end for Dylan/Ellie route,and vice versa

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
I can see a lot of discussions about the future here. Hope we all realize that there's a strong indication 2024 will be a single release year? And, depending on the re-built "legal" Part 1 success on Steam, there might very well be no future at all beyond Part 2?

bacavix

Jul 15, 2019
I can see a lot of discussions about the future here. Hope we all realize that there's a strong indication 2024 will be a single release year? And, depending on the re-built "legal" Part 1 success on Steam, there might very well be no future at all beyond Part 2?
From what I have been able to see on Steam, these types of games on Renpy, with hardly any animations, are not very popular. Most are in Unity or Ungine with 3D animations. The question is, do you really think that L&P is going to risk losing all the fame and money coming from Patreon and make the game only for Steam?

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
The question is, do you really think that L&P is going to risk losing all the fame and money coming from Patreon and make the game only for Steam?
Quite the opposite, hence his meticulous shtick playing safely both ends. He's currently charging his enablers for something they already paid for (Part 1), so financially the Steam recon expedition is covered. For the time being, Part 2 in its covert version is stalled by pushing hard the side story. It can't be dropped entirely to keep the illusion of working on a new Part 2 content.
Now, if the re-built "legal" Part 1 is a success on Steam, he'll focus on developing Part 2 in a "legal" manner (no risky content), so you may forget the current storylines. If it's a flop, he can always get back to business as usual, meaning continuously stretching development time due to whatever. Nicely played risk management on his part, poor judgement on the horny cult-like patrons...

Reactions: t3alqdansam

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
The problem with that is,you have to choose between Sophia and Ellie event,you can't have both.
And if you go with Sophia event,probably that is the end for Dylan/Ellie route,and vice versa
Well, L&P went through a lot of trouble to keep the two events separate. If the progress from the first event does not lead to anything more, then an exclusive branch could have forced a decision beforehand. I think, It's unlikely that the progress from the bathroom event will go to waste just because Dylan was at the party. He doesn't stand Sohia up, so there is no anger.It's certainly different with Ellie if he doesn't go to the party.

So, Ultimately, he is able to make progress with both Sophia and Ellie that day. Exactly what is needed for a threesome. I see no logically compelling reason against this.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Well, L&P went through a lot of trouble to keep the two events separate. If the progress from the first event does not lead to anything more, then an exclusive branch could have forced a decision beforehand. I think, It's unlikely that the progress from the bathroom event will go to waste just because Dylan was at the party. He doesn't stand Sohia up, so there is no anger.It's certainly different with Ellie if he doesn't go to the party.

So, Ultimately, he is able to make progress with both Sophia and Ellie that day. Exactly what is needed for a threesome. I see no logically compelling reason against this.
Because while Sophia might have gained some Dylan points by just doing the bathtub event, a quick check of the walkthrough shows that Sophia can gain something like 30 Dylan points by doing everything in the hottub.

And to continue along the Sophia/Dylan route, you're likely going to need maximum Dylan points (as is the case in every other route so far), which is impossible if you're also playing the bonus storyline.

That's what I mean when I say the Sophia/Dylan route and the bonus storyline are mutually exclusive. Same as how the Alyssa path and the Patricia route are mutually exclusive.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Because while Sophia might have gained some Dylan points by just doing the bathtub event, a quick check of the walkthrough shows that Sophia can gain something like 30 Dylan points by doing everything in the hottub.

And to continue along the Sophia/Dylan route, you're likely going to need maximum Dylan points (as is the case in every other route so far), which is impossible if you're also playing the bonus storyline.

That's what I mean when I say the Sophia/Dylan route and the bonus storyline are mutually exclusive. Same as how the Alyssa path and the Patricia route are mutually exclusive.

So far, not much has really happened in any of the Sophia paths, except maybe with Liam. The fact is and remains that Dylan can make progress with both on that day. Perhaps something that is necessary to get the hoped-for threesome scene between Dylan, Sophia and Ellie.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

Collecting "sympathy points" seems to me to be a rather weak criterion for predicting whether a route will continue or not. You can play certain events, for example with Sam, even if the sympathy points for Sam are zero. The only requirement there is that they have made the right decision in certain cases.
I ask myself anyway why we still have "sympathy points" when everything, or most of it so far, depends on yes-no decisions.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Collecting "sympathy points" seems to me to be a rather weak criterion for predicting whether a route will continue or not. You can play certain events, for example with Sam, even if the sympathy points for Sam are zero. The only requirement there is that they have made the right decision in certain cases.
I ask myself anyway why we still have "sympathy points" when everything, or most of it so far, depends on yes-no decisions.
Most of the criteria lately (at least for many of the events in my playthrough) have actually have been event triggers, not points. For example, much of the conversation with Larry depends on when Sophia last had sex with Liam.

Or Ellie being happy because there's no video game noise blasting from Dylan's room. That only happens because of the trigger of sending him to boarding school.

I think much of the difficulties people have been having with events lately is precisely because they don't have the event triggers for the content in the updates.

Reactions: xxxorro and hzjujk

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

You forget the fact that second part of Sophia/Dylan event ends with a handjob.
That is pretty massive difference in progress with Sophia,if you go to the party.

Reactions: xxxorro

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
No, also for Elli fans!
Not really. If you look at most of the teasers, they're all targeted as Dylan's POV. Particularly that comment about how much of a "sly dog" he is. He is also the one that chooses what happens in Spin the Bottle.

There is also nothing in the requirements to play even a part of the Ellie route. Sophia doesn't even need to miss Dylan's game and go to the sauna with Ellie and Patricia to meet Logan.

And as I've said before, most of the things we actually learn about Ellie's taste in relationships excludes anything with Dylan. The bonus storyline is targeted for those playing the Dylan route but wants him to have an opportunity with Ellie, not anyone like me playing the Ellie route.

If it was targeted at Ellie fans like me, it would focus more on Ellie and Dylan's past, and why she hates him so much.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
You forget the fact that second part of Sophia/Dylan event ends with a handjob.
That is pretty massive difference in progress with Sophia,if you go to the party.
That was just one event out of nine on this game day. it really that difficult to imagine an alternative path?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes