tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
That is mostly because part 1 average was way higher than part 2. This is where the real drop is.

Edit:
Just to be 100% clear - There is a small decline, yes but nothing near what the cry here is all about.
"There is a small decline" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This person clearly knows nothing.

It dropped from 7 to 3, so the average became 5... But this person says "There is a small decline". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You're probably doing what tofhdns does now - ending every post in this discussion with an insult.
This was your method until a while ago, and I've only recently realized that it's more effective.

On the other hand, you have only recently realized that this is not the right way.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
This was your method until a while ago, and I've only recently realized that it's more effective.

On the other hand, you have only recently realized that this is not the right way.
I don't insult, I mock or try to be sarcastic.
Of course I can just write - "Man, you're so stupid, even pigs would bite you off!". But I think that's inappropriate in a discussion and is humiliating/hurtful.
That's why I always try to react with (sometimes sharp) humor to hold a mirror up to the person I'm arguing with. I admit that sometimes I'm good at it, sometimes bad, and sometimes I go too far.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
I'm calling his graph dumb. Might wanna read up on some of the guys nonsense. You'll find the exact same thing. Stop being so soft.
LOL. The graph is not dumb. You simply don't understand what it shows.

Edit:
Here it is divided into part 1 and 2.
One can clearly see the average renders/day drop I mentioned earlier.

1718624060189.png

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
LOL. The graph is not dumb. You simply don't understand what it shows.
Oh I do. You've finally come to the realization that there is a constant decline. That's something atleast, even tho you wanna call it fairly consistent.

Here, just so you don't forget;
2018: 2685 renders
2019: 2480 renders
2020: 2328 renders
2021: 1872 renders
2022: 1646 renders
2023: 1123 renders
And now remember what you said about your little portraits, and think about what that could possibly mean.

I've done my work here. Case closed. Or as you put it; "Go away now."

Who am I kidding... you won't.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
Oh I do. You've finally come to the realization that there is a constant decline. That's something atleast, even tho you wanna call it fairly consistent.

Here, just so you don't forget;
2018: 2685 renders
2019: 2480 renders
2020: 2328 renders
2021: 1872 renders
2022: 1646 renders
2023: 1123 renders
And now remember what you said about your little portraits, and think about what that could possibly mean.

I've done my work here. Case closed. Or as you put it; "Go away now."

Who am I kidding... you won't.
I know you keep thinking you have a gatcha but you really don't.

2018 - 2020 - Part 1, renders around 2500ish +/- 100,

2021 - 2024 - Part 2, renders around 1700 +/- 100

Have I not said render quantity dropped with part 2?

Disclaimer: 2023 seems to be outlier and overall drop in quantity (no idea why. it could be rework or L&P simply spent less time working on the game). That being said pace in 2024 appears to be picking up again. Will have to wait till the year is over to draw any conclusions.

Now that was a move that made me smile a little.
Not really a move, but appreciate the sentiment haha :) This is average when split into separate part 1 and 2. I don't know who produced the original chart, but you cant just cheery pick the low values and ignore the highs (doted line).

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I know you keep thinking you have a gatcha but you really don't.

2018 - 2020 - Part 1, renders around 2500ish +/- 100,

2021 - 2024 - Part 2, renders around 1700 +/- 100

Have I not said render quantity dropped with part 2?

Disclaimer: 2023 seems to be outlier and overall drop in quantity (no idea why. it could be rework or L&P simply spent less time working on the game). That being said pace in 2024 appears to be picking up again. Will have to wait till the year is over to draw any conclusions.

Not really a move, but appreciate the sentiment haha :) This is average when split into separate part 1 and 2. I don't know who produced the original chart, but you cant just cheery pick the low values and ignore the highs (doted line).
Part 02 starts in 2022, hence why I kept telling you to look at renders from 2021. Same quality, more renders/year. The only difference in part 02 is the switch to 10% of a PD updates and animations which according to L&P do not affect anyhing.

Also, since you've made your own comparison with the portraits (think I mentioned that 5 times by now), things should stay consistent which clearly they don't as you can see by the yearly drop in overall renders.

On a different note: 2023 actually ended up being not so terrible if you consider the last update with ~760 renders (Sophia+Dylan part02) was released in January 7th, 2024...Guess you could add those renders to 2023 since almost all the devtime for that update took place in 2023. Now, since I ignore any overlap in the numbers provided, it makes 2023 look worse than it actually is.

Reactions: RCC14

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

Some will say that the way the statistics are viewed is changed by a trick worthy of a politician.
Others will say that, yes, that is exactly how the data should be read. But there is a catch, in my opinion. This interpretation also assumes that there was a big jump in the quality of the images in the transition from part 1 to part 2. I don't see it that way.

Reactions: OZtheW1ZARD

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
Some will say that the way the statistics are viewed is changed by a trick worthy of a politician.
Others will say that, yes, that is exactly how the data should be read. But there is a catch, in my opinion. This interpretation also assumes that there was a big jump in the quality of the images in the transition from part 1 to part 2. I don't see it that way.
There is a definite change. Positive or negative that a matter of personal preference I think.

On a different note: 2023 actually ended up being not so terrible if you consider the last update with ~760 renders (Sophia+Dylan part02) was released in January 7th, 2024...Guess you could add those renders to 2023 since almost all the devtime for that update took place in 2023. Now, since I ignore any overlap in the numbers provided, it makes 2023 look worse than it actually is.
This is actually a very valid point. That would make 2023 render numbers to increase up to 1123 + 764 = 1887, making it inline with part 2 average, which further proves my point. Thank you. So again to reiterate:

2018 - 2020 - Part 1, renders around 2500ish +/- 100 per year,
2021 - 2024 - Part 2, renders around 1700 +/- 100 per year

I mean if that is not consistent, than I don't know what it. Seriously.

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
This interpretation also assumes that there was a big jump in the quality of the images in the transition from part 1 to part 2. I don't see it that way.
Oz apparently does, as he's been saying it as many times as he possibly could, no matter how many times I point him at previous renders from ~2020-2021.

On the other hand he's saying that the time it takes to create a render stays the same (his very own portrait comparison) due to more experience. A massive DAZ librabry of assets also reduces that time further. Meaning less time spent on creating assets, figuring out DAZ settings, postprocessing...The gap between early years with as high as 10 renders/day and current development with as low as 3 renders/day is just way too big to make any sense.

And so when Oz says L&P is working 2.5hrs per day I'd strongly agree. But he doesn't seem to quite grasp that's not in L&P's favor or the points he's trying to make. It just makes L&P look worse, especially considering his own statements over the years (which Oz apparently doesn't know about).

It's not the only the decline in production it's what's being produced. Adding more characters and branches to the point that the original storylines are being forgotten.
Yup, this is another thing. The big elephant in the room, so to speak. The bloat in PD's. The first 11 PD's combined took about 3 years of development. The last two PD's alone took way more than 3 years. And that is only getting worse, making it pretty much impossible for L&P to ever finish his game. At this rate, it won't take long until a single PD exceeds the time it took to create the first 11 PD's combined. Not sustainable.

Last edited:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Yup, this is another thing. The big elephant in the room, so to speak. The bloat in PD's. The first 11 PD's combined took about 3 years of development. The last two PD's alone took way more than 3 years. And that is only getting worse, making it pretty much impossible for L&P to ever finish his game. At this rate, it won't take long until a single PD exceeds the time it took to create the first 11 PD's combined. Not sustainable.
I don't know if he understands that we are past the original deadline L&P set for his game, and I don't think he understands why the game is bloated now and why the rendered quantity is bouncing around if you want to take L&P's word for it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes