kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
Your last comment on this game was on 05/19/2023. There you spoke of 3 years when you last checked the status of the game. Now 3 months later your last played it 6 years ago. You have also only been a member of f95zone since 2019, 4 years. Your timekeeping is a bit confused.
But hey, we're all frustrated.
3 game years and 6 playable years?
It's a wormhole time dilation effect.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Genuine technical questions about AWAM
While we are still waiting for the release of the latest update I thought asking a few questions about the creation of this game. There are five metrics to measure the progress:
- Scene Creation: All 3d items used are already available in the market or some he creates them himself? What are the main challenges for a creator here (i.e. what’s the most difficult part)?
- Scene Rendering: Obviously he has the text prepared and knows how the story goes (e.g. Dylan asks Sophia replies). I’ve read people saying that LP is exaggerating with the time needed to do that! Since there is a special software which can do this in a few minutes! What’s so difficult about that?
- Art edited with photoshop: obviously he changes the lighting and colours of each frame, right?
- Programming and translation: Is he referring here in the options a player has? If you choose path A then the sequence is 1,2,3 or if path B then 1,4,6 etc. right? Also, when is text added and how? Can I for example change the text without destroying the game with the simple means I have available (just a simple laptop)?

Thank you very much for your patience and time to answer my questions :giggle:
Perfection needs time ;);).

Last edited:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Genuine technical questions about AWAM
While we are still waiting for the release of the latest update I thought asking a few questions about the creation of this game. There are five metrics to measure the progress:
- Scene Creation: All 3d items used are already available in the market or some he creates them himself? What are the main challenges for a creator here (i.e. what’s the most difficult part)?
- Scene Rendering: Obviously he has the text prepared and knows how the story goes (e.g. Dylan asks Sophia replies). I’ve read people saying that LP is exaggerating with the time needed to do that! Since there is a special software which can do this in a few minutes! What’s so difficult about that?
- Art edited with photoshop: obviously he changes the lighting and colours of each frame, right?
- Programming and translation: Is he referring here in the options a player has? If you choose path A then the sequence is 1,2,3 or if path B then 1,4,6 etc. right? Also, when is text added and how? Can I for example change the text without destroying the game with the simple means I have available (just a simple laptop)?

Thank you very much for your patience and time to answer my questions :giggle:
- Scene Creation means everything in 3d except making the final image itself (which is rendering and we will get to).
It means setting up the location (if it's a new location). Lighting in it is also important, characters.
Afterwards dressing the characters, if it's new clothes, they might not fight perfectly on your custom models and have to adjust them. Posing the characters so they look natural, their expressions should also look natural (I think L&P does very good expressions, especially for Sophia, at least for me it's one of the big pluses for the game). Some clothes might not do well with certain poses, so more adjustments could be needed. Sometimes in outside software such as blender or whatever else.

- Scene Rendering is the processing of the above created scenes by your computer. It doesn't need the active input of the developer, but it does need the computer. This means while rendering you can do little else. That's why it's mostly done at night or when you're not there. There are certain services and render farms that could be used but I doubt L&P does that.
I want to mention that here this could go back to scene creation, or better said scene adjustment sometimes. The scene looks one way when you create it, another way rendered. Some errors you can catch, some you don't, so slight adjustments to certain scenes and rerendering of parts of the scene and/full scene might be needed. If animations are involved, there is a lot of rendering involved, since one second of animation is probably around 24 to 30 frames.

- Art editing with photoshop should be the easiest part for him. I expect he already has a few filters that he applies on the renders to give them the warm look his final images always have. I'm am not very proficient with photoshop but I expect there are batch jobs that can get the job done once the renders are done. Another possible edit are small corrections that he does in photoshop rather than correct them in Daz3d, like smallclothes pokethroughs. Nevertheless this should not be too much of a time consuming job.

- Programming and translation you have already been answered in a lot of details. I just want to mention that depending on the developer and how well they thought and maintained their possible paths, it might get a little bit complicated down the road. Maybe you get the same scene, but the dialogue is different a few lines here and there depending on what you previously did. Still, should not be too time consuming, especially once you have some experience. Translation is very straightforward and easy IF you already have the translated text.

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
Are you looking for a game here at F95? Which author is currently updating the content without animation? Is this author doing something about historical regression? It will take several months to update some images. I advise developers like this to retire. They can't adapt to the products of the times and will eventually be eliminated. If they don't want to keep up with the times, they should get lost. Don't get used to such junk developers. We still have many excellent developers

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Are you looking for a game here at F95? Which author is currently updating the content without animation? Is this author doing something about historical regression? It will take several months to update some images. I advise developers like this to retire. They can't adapt to the products of the times and will eventually be eliminated. If they don't want to keep up with the times, they should get lost. Don't get used to such junk developers. We still have many excellent developers
Having animations in a game doesn't make it better. There are plenty of bad animation and very few that are at least decent. I prefer no animations to bad animations. There are many complaints I have about L&P. The quality of his renders or the fact that some updates don't have animations aren't among them. You don't like a game: don't play it, no one is forcing you to do so. Especially since you're not even paying for it. I for one would prefer this game without animations if it means releases are faster.

Last edited:

wzelisen

Jul 9, 2019
Having animations in a game doesn't make it better. There are plenty of bad animation and very few that are at least decent. I prefer no animations to bad animations. There are many complaints I have about L&P. The quality of his renders or the fact that some updates don't have animations aren't among them. You don't like a game: don't play it, no one is forcing you to do so. Especially since you're not even playing for it. I for one would prefer this game without animations if it means releases are faster.
Are you sure? Is it possible that other games have equally good animations and produce three times as fast

3.20 star(s) 478 Votes