holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
That is a valid point, although eventually it had to change, as otherwise we wouldn't have an erotic VN or things would be moving even slower.

I think that to write a "realistic" VN you would need 100s of small step events that would escalate thing to the next step/ phase, followed by another 100s of micro steps escalating another step. Imagine what the length of that script would be like.
Well, there are (rare) examples of 'close to reality' erotic games. I do not want to mention their names, for obvious reasons. And I do not think that in order to speed up the things the dev had to abandon his (her) original assumption about the 'classy female protagonist'.

Of course, it would be not that easy (I mean the combination of corruption and some glimpses of realism). But we are taking about the game which was supposed to be exceptional, outstanding in terms of the story. Maybe the dev created too high expectations? Because I believe that AWAM is still a good game, anyway. But not exceptional or outstanding one. It's just like tens of other games here.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
There he is :D
I know numbers are hard, we established that.

View attachment 3749678

Also, as someone else also pointed out, if you only consider part 2 the work is actually speeding up slightly.
I know, a shocker.

You can argue that you don't like how fast the story progresses, I have no problems with that, but you simply can't say that L&P does not develop the game. The numbers don't lie! There was only one time the number dropped significantly (2021), and as we established this was around time when he changed the render.
The increase in time between the updates is due to more content contained in a single PD and not lack of game development.
If you still think this after seeing the numbers you are ignorant or don't understand what I am talking about.

Hey mate, just to clarify I had no problem with your earlier statement. I understood the point exactly and it got its merits. Absolutely.
I was only wondering if the execution as you have envisioned would be feasible, that's all.
Should have been more clear.
Ok, I understand your point and would even go so far as to say a direct, full-realism story probably cannot be made in Daz/Renpy. Or any VN medium. That's probably left for actual video.

The rest of what I said stands and, while not asking for total realism, I would love for a dev to go beyond the lazy tropes.

But I see your point and, again, I have no issue with you or anything.

Reactions: OZtheW1ZARD

Lil fatty

Jun 6, 2022
Does anyone know how to get Sam's scenes? I've tried everything and followed the walkthrough but I can't seem to quite get it.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
You completely ignore the fact that these numbers, apart from the last year, have always gone down, never up. That's exactly what a downhill ride is. I don't expect numbers to be always the same, but when they always go down, that is a clear indicator of things getting slower. Your average doesn't change that.

Also, as someone else also pointed out, if you only consider part 2 the work is actually speeding up slightly.
I know, a shocker.
The only reason for the currently slight upward trend is Dylan+Sophia part 02 at the beginning of 2024. If it wasn't for that update, it would have been another year with less renders than the one prior (as every other year in the numbers provided). There's a reason he's beating his negative records pretty much on annual basis. Would be nice if he could keep it up, but every single year prior to 2023 has shown the opposite. Which again, you can see in the overall drop in renders per year.

Also, the person you're referring to clearly told you that the game's development is getting slower right before he's made that statement, which you obviously ignored. It's the same person who's made the original graph, the one you took and edited. Talcum Powder

but you simply can't say that L&P does not develop the game.
I never said L&P isn't developing the game.

There was only one time the number dropped significantly (2021), and as we established this was around time when he changed the render.
The numbers don't have to drop significantly to indicate a downward trend. They dropped every single year for 5 years straight. Also, that's not when "renders changed". L&P's been increasing the quality of his renders all throughout the development until he hit a wall with DAZ, which was basically around ~2020-2021. You keep insisting that 2021 was somehow a massive change in quality and thus slower development, but on the other hand you've made your own portrait comparison in which you pointed out that the time required to create your art stays the same, only difference being the amount of experience/skill and thus it's outcome (higher quality). And in L&P's case, that would be even more accurate as he has tools like AI and a massive DAZ library at his disposal, meaning even less time required to create better quality.

The increase in time between the updates is due to more content contained in a single PD and not lack of game development.
That's just straight up nonsense. L&P releases on event-basis, this has got absolutely nothing to do with producing less renders per year. You're mixing up time per PD (amount of content/volume) and renders/day.

If you still think this after seeing the numbers you are ignorant or don't understand what I am talking about.
See above. Dunking on yourself again.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Well, I'm still a bit confused how any focus on Dylan represents "I've decided on a beautiful and hot female MC-MILF because there are just too many "male-MC games" at the moment! It's just become boring! And many hot events in the story are only playable as a (married) female MC!"
In AWAM, L&P has implemented exactly what it described in its game description. It clearly states that from time to time decisions are also made by male characters.

Another thing, from my point of view, the female perspective also has disadvantages. Especially for games with a corruption approach, to which AWAM definitely belongs, there is a risk that the game will become boring once the MC is completely corrupted. I think that's one of the reasons why L&P is so hesitant to move the story forward. In games with a male MC it is much easier, as there can be many targets to corrupt.

One more thing, there are now some games with a female MC. What was perhaps a unique feature at the start of AWAM is now often copied and has almost become monotonous. Sometimes I think AWAM could have been told much better from Dylan's perspective.

Reactions: doccop63

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
You completely ignore the fact that these numbers, apart from the last year, have always gone down, never up. That's exactly what a downhill ride is. I don't expect numbers to be always the same, but when they always go down, that is a clear indicator of things getting slower. Your average doesn't change that.
The slowdown you are so insistent on referring to is about 5% year to year. Apparently 5% slowdown is for you a "things are falling apart" territory. Again, this is not the gotcha you think it is.

Also, the person you're referring to clearly told you that the game's development is getting slower right before he's made that statement, which you obviously ignored. It's the same person who's made the original graph, the one you took and edited. Talcum Powder
No, initially we were talking about two different things. He was talking about linear trend and my line was cumulative average.
The person then stated that when you split development into 2 parts cumulative trend is pointing upwards.
In addition since Part 1 and 2 have different development paces presenting them together skews the statistics. I think that the only way to provide an accurate picture is to present two parts separately.

Because each consecutive PD day contains more and more content, the development time increases, hence the time between updates gets longer and longer. This is such a simple dependency, it is hard for me to believe that you fail to understand this.

Everything else in your post is not worth addressing.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
He went to event based updates to speed up development time but it had the oppersite effect and adding events out of the blue does not help either.
Kind of does though. You get more frequent updates with less content. Alternative is an update every 3 years. Or how much the longest break lasted.

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Kind of does though. You get more frequent updates with less content. Alternative is an update every 3 years. Or how much the longest break lasted.
Well, yes... Well, opinions are also very divided about the contents, and this is not good for the game in any way...

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Depends on the content of course but I expect a very long wait when the ranch events comes along and it would not surprised me if he broke it into two parts.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
The slowdown you are so insistent on referring to is about 5% year to year. Apparently 5% slowdown is for you a "things are falling apart" territory. Again, this is not the gotcha you think it is.
Apart from it being more than 5% a year, it's clearly a constant downwards trend. This is not a "gotcha", it's a simple fact. lol

No, initially we were talking about two different things. He was talking about linear trend and my line was cumulative average.
The person then stated that when you split development into 2 parts cumulative trend is pointing upwards.
In addition since Part 1 and 2 have different development paces presenting them together skews the statistics. I think that the only way to provide an accurate picture is to present two parts separately.
->
You've plotted the trend of the cumulative average, which even in your visualization is sloping down. The trendline I included is the linear trend for avg renders per day per release, non-cumulative. If you're looking at 6+ years of data, comprising 13,600 renders over 2,400 days, and both the per-release trend and cumulative trend are pointing down, then production is unquestioningly slowing.
To be fair, splitting the game's development into part 1 and part 2 does show that part 1 was relatively stable (cumulative avg dipped only slightly) and part 2's cumulative trend is trending slightly upwards.
You: We should split part 01 and part 02 because if not, it would show a more severe downwards trend. That's a no-no and would kinda fuck me over! :(

Like I said, the only straw you're holding on to is Sophia/Dylan date night, which saved the game from having another year with less renders than the one prior. It's as Talcum said; Production is unquestioningly slowing.

Why would the only way to provide an accurate picture be to split parts in a way that helps you paint a picture of a somewhat "stable" (still not stable as it's going downhill anyway) development speed? Oh right, you keep ignoring those parts when I explain to you the quality is not it with my own arguments aswell as your comparison creating art.

A (more than) 5% decline of renders per year (especially from 2020 to 2021) adds up after 7 years of development.

Because each consecutive PD day contains more and more content, the development time increases, hence the time between updates gets longer and longer.
The amount of renders a PD has got nothing to do with his yearly render output. Updates with more renders take more time because the update is bigger, and they also take more time because L&P's render output is going down. What you're saying here is still completely unrelated to L&P producing less renders per year.

Everything else in your post is not worth addressing.
No, ofcourse not. Because why try address things you can't wiggle yourself out of, right?

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Well, reading very little positive here, what I can understand because I don't like this stuff either. Have a look at that stats again finding out that still about 2000 people still pumping money in the game..... Amazing!

1718808132126.png

And still making a nice sum of money. Who is doing well?

3.20 star(s) 477 Votes