Awamboy

Aug 19, 2022
Not again...

You yourself provided proof that things are going downhill, and not just a one-time drop in your split. I've been providing you with the yearly amount of renders from 2018 all the way through 2023, and every single year had less renders than the one prior, with the only exception being 2023 due to the last update that year (which was released on January 6th 2024).

Again, just for you!

2018: 2685 renders
2019: 2480 renders
2020: 2328 renders
2021: 1872 renders
2022: 1646 renders
2023: 1123 renders (+ ~760)

The only constant here is a constant downhill ride. So much for your "numerical proof".
You got more data than Captain Kirk.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
So I expect 1 update this year and maybe prt 1 of the ranch event
Given the current situation, I speculate that it may look like this for the next couple of events.

PD - 14
  • Sophia/Vicky/Deshawn - August/September -
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Sophia/2nd Side Job - November/December
  • Sophia/1st Side Job - March/April
  • Sophia/Dylan - June/July
I don't see the ranch event happening until 2026 provided he doesn't add any additional events after this one. L&P said Sophia/Sam's short happens between Sophia/Dylan's Afternoon event (Soccer Match), which should not be an event. But I have my doubts about that.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Given the current situation, I speculate that it may look like this for the next couple of events.

PD - 14
  • Sophia/Vicky/Deshawn - August/September -
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Sophia/2nd Side Job - November/December
  • Sophia/1st Side Job - March/April
  • Sophia/Dylan - June/July
I don't see the ranch event happening until 2026 provided he doesn't add any additional events after this one. L&P said Sophia/Sam's short happens between Sophia/Dylan's Afternoon event (Soccer Match), which should not be an event. But I have my doubts about that.
Good point as I forgot about the side job so yes I agree with you

Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
At this point it's clear that the next event won't have animations, right?
Only L&P knows the answer to that one.
I think that it was once said that amination was only for certain events, whether this still holds true or not we don't know.

dan_roger69

Donor
Dec 1, 2021
Only L&P knows the answer to that one.
I think that it was once said that amination was only for certain events, whether this still holds true or not we don't know.
It's too early to say. L&p will later say he decided to include it and maybe delay the update to make more money.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
Apart from it being more than 5% a year, it's clearly a constant downwards trend. This is not a "gotcha", it's a simple fact. lol

->

You: We should split part 01 and part 02 because if not, it would show a more severe downwards trend. That's a no-no and would kinda fuck me over! :(

Like I said, the only straw you're holding on to is Sophia/Dylan date night, which saved the game from having another year with less renders than the one prior. It's as Talcum said; Production is unquestioningly slowing.

Why would the only way to provide an accurate picture be to split parts in a way that helps you paint a picture of a somewhat "stable" (still not stable as it's going downhill anyway) development speed? Oh right, you keep ignoring those parts when I explain to you the quality is not it with my own arguments aswell as your comparison creating art.

A (more than) 5% decline of renders per year (especially from 2020 to 2021) adds up after 7 years of development.

The amount of renders a PD has got nothing to do with his yearly render output. Updates with more renders take more time because the update is bigger, and they also take more time because L&P's render output is going down. What you're saying here is still completely unrelated to L&P producing less renders per year.

No, ofcourse not. Because why try address things you can't wiggle yourself out of, right?

You know that spitting nonsense does not make things right, right?

Because you are deliberately trying to divert this conversation and obfuscate the facts by a wall of text that means nothing, I will just summarise our exchange as simply as I can possibly do, so there is no confusion.

You don't have to reply to this post, I am just doing it to show how ingenuine you are.

Few pages back I made a claim that it is normal to expect longer production time with better quality renders. You disagreed.
Ironically, you later proved my points when presenting summary of renders per year from 2018 - 2023 that by accident shows that right about time when L&P switch the renders quality the amount of renders per year dropped drastically from around 2500 to 1500 (+/- 100) and this was the only time this happened.
Your own data also shown that despite popular claim here, year on year the amount of renders produced by L&P remains very consistent and only drops around 5% year by year. Again, this is data you yourself provided. Thank you for that btw.

There was also the graph done by another person that was showing that frequency of updates was declining but also the the quantity of content (renders) was staying roughly the same only experiencing slight decline (5%), but only if you consider part 1 and 2 together.
If compared separately, frequency was still declining, but quantity was actually rising.
This was too confusing to you so you provided the before mentioned summary again, which proved my point for the 2nd time.

I am talking about this:
1718812491785.png
and this:
1718813020702.png

Then you made an astonishing claim that PD containing progressively more content has had no impact on the update frequency. Which is very surprising because PDs are getting progressively bigger and, as shown by the data you presented, the no. of renders does stay roughly the same, then what else is affecting the frequency of the content?
You don't have to answer this question. Numbers do not lie.

You also don't have to answer to this post as I consider the matter closed.

Reactions: Matt1 and hzjujk

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
In AWAM, L&P has implemented exactly what it described in its game description. It clearly states that from time to time decisions are also made by male characters.

Another thing, from my point of view, the female perspective also has disadvantages. Especially for games with a corruption approach, to which AWAM definitely belongs, there is a risk that the game will become boring once the MC is completely corrupted. I think that's one of the reasons why L&P is so hesitant to move the story forward. In games with a male MC it is much easier, as there can be many targets to corrupt.

One more thing, there are now some games with a female MC. What was perhaps a unique feature at the start of AWAM is now often copied and has almost become monotonous. Sometimes I think AWAM could have been told much better from Dylan's perspective.
Actually AWAM was not really that unique at the beginning.
There was more than dozen female MC games back in the days.
Some even completed and year or two before first release of AWAM.
And like all these games AWAM started as RPGM game,not Ren'Py.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Apart from it being more than 5% a year, it's clearly a constant downwards trend. This is not a "gotcha", it's a simple fact. lol
I didn't quote your post to argue against your post, I just didn't want to call out OZ.

3.35% increase in 2019 compared to 2018
16.10% decrease in 2020 compared to 2019
19.58% decrease in 2021 compared to 2020
12.07% decrease in 2022 compared to 2021
31.77% decrease in 2023 compared to 2022

(764 is not included because it corresponds to 2024 year.)

OZ hid the 58.17% decrease in 2023 compared to 2018 with the words “about 5% year to year.”
(And that's a lie.)
- 59.53% decrease in 2023 compared to 2019

He is never speaking fairly.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCC14
3.20 star(s) 477 Votes