3.60 star(s) 122 Votes

Tinboy69

Oct 30, 2021
sure. I've been thinking about removing the game itself instead of removing the lower tiers. Cuz there's absolutely no purpose to developing it if someone calls it 'a money grab'. Of course I should make it public immediately after I finish the update without trying to earn any money at all. Why would I even think about earning money? My time isn't worth anything and I have to work like a slave. I'm sorry for making such a cash grab game. I shouldn't be thinking about money. I should work for free and never try to increase my income from the game in any way, which would allow me to devote more time to developing it. I just have to stay up at night and work for free
This is not enough. You exploit users by forcing them to masturbate. And masturbation is a waste of time and energy. In fact, users spend their personal time and energy on your game. And they do it completely free of charge. It is not right. You have to pay people for the time spent playing the game. At a minimum, the payment must cover the cost of the kilocalories spent on jerking off (SARCASM)

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
sure. I've been thinking about removing the game itself instead of removing the lower tiers. Cuz there's absolutely no purpose to developing it if someone calls it 'a money grab'. Of course I should make it public immediately after I finish the update without trying to earn any money at all. Why would I even think about earning money? My time isn't worth anything and I have to work like a slave. I'm sorry for making such a cash grab game. I shouldn't be thinking about money. I should work for free and never try to increase my income from the game in any way, which would allow me to devote more time to developing it. I just have to stay up at night and work for free
The original question was perhaps poorly worded, but it's premise is a very valid one - what is the value proposition of the lower tier subscriptions?

Your response - a little pile of reflexive self-victimization - is an interesting approach. I'd urge you to reconsider it, and actually engage with the question.

If you think that the issue doesn't really exist, that lower tier subscribers are getting what they want, I can offer you some anecdotal evidence to the contrary.

I, personally, went to your Patreon fully intending to support the game development - I was impressed by the quality of the demo you recently put out, and had some spare Patreon budget. I took a look at the subscription options, and noped right out.

Psina666

May 7, 2019

Hello everyone,

I’d like to say a few words about the release of the new update, the content that will be featured in it and the way the game will be distributed.

First, you should expect the new update by May 15. Why so late? Well, this time, I’ve decided to add more content to make everything look more coherent and exciting. At the moment, there’s twice as much content as in the last version, and there are still some things I want to add. I promised to release one update every month, but due to the amount of content, I have to postpone the release by a couple of days. Besides, I’ve added some interactive elements, and I sometimes get stuck when coding, so... Anyway, the main reason for the delay is the increased amount of content. When the update comes out, you'll see for yourself.

Second, let’s talk about what kind of content you should expect in the new update. I’m going to enumerate the branches I’m working on so that you know what awaits you. The branches are enumerated in order of priority. The priority branches will get more content.

1) The branch of the wife and her boss
2) The branch of the wife and Greg (MC’s son’s friend)
3) The branch of the husband and Hearth (the shop assistant)
4) The branch of the MC and his wife
5) The branch of the husband and Jenna
6) The branch of the wife and her job
7) The branch of the wife and the MC’s son
8) The branch of the wife and the MC’s brother
9) The MC’s feminisation branch and/or the feminisation branch of his son

These are the main branches, but there will also be some side content. So, that’s not everything.

Third, let me say a few words about the distribution of the game. This update will be distributed the old way, with the release date specified for every tier at the moment. In addition, this time, some content will only be available to the highest tiers. That is, lower-tier patrons and those players who haven’t subscribed to my Patreon will not be able to access some of the content at all. However, this content will become available to everyone after I release the next instalment of the game. In other words, the version of the game for the lower-tier patrons and the public release version will be one update behind the version for the higher-tier patrons in terms of content. When releasing the next update after this one, I will take into account the results of the poll concerning the release schedule reduction.

That’s about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below
Оh boy, now we need to wait for full-fledged content not for 21 days, but for more than 42 days. I can't imagine how much lower you can fall. :coffee::cool: just sell the game on steam for 30 bucks and stop making excuses for making money.

Reactions: Swooosh

brainstorm5

Dec 18, 2021
small note to dev (dont know if this will be read by him) the menu button on android is really small or somehow doesnt fit properly ... please let me know if this is for me only. photo_2023-05-10_19-54-40.jpg

Mikejones978

Oct 22, 2018
The question was about the LOWER tiers not the game itself. You might see it as working for free when those lower tiers are actually paying you but if they arnt receiving full access which is what they originally signed up for then what is the purpose of the lower tiers for other than taking people's money if game content is paywalled to within those tiers

Mikejones978

Oct 22, 2018
so I think they should unsubscribe if they don't see any reason to support me
Why would they support you if they receive the same content as people who don't subscribe tho. I'm asking you for the reason why we should pay you for access to nothing in the lower tiers. Without access to content those lower tiers exist soley to take money from people absolutely no other reason for them other than that

exter

May 29, 2017
Im a bit confused by this discussion about patreon tiers and the amount of content each tier gets. Mikejones978, did you read the whole post about the distribution changes? Because everyone will still get all the content, just at different times. So higher tier patreons get it first and then the lower tiers, but your argument seems to be that lower tiers wont get some of the content at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
I really hope you understand that I can do whatever I want with my game and that I can always change the way I distribute it. I can cancel the public version, and I can make the game available only to the highest tier and stop releasing it to everyone else at all. Simply because it's my game. I'm not asking anyone to support the game. Everyone does it willingly. If someone doesn't see the point in subscribing, I won't force them to do it :)
Issue: "Hey, this one aspect of how you're setting up subscriptions on Patreon doesn't seem to make sense."

Dev response: "I can do what I want with my game! I can cancel it! You want me to work for free, like a slave? I can do what I want!"

The standard combination of ego and insecurity is as obvious as it is tiresome. Please take a deep breath, a chill pill, and a break - must be exhausting tossing all those strawmen around.

Last I'll comment on this mess.

Mikejones978

Oct 22, 2018
Im a bit confused by this discussion about patreon tiers and the amount of content each tier gets. Mikejones978, did you read the whole post about the distribution changes? Because everyone will still get all the content, just at different times. So higher tier patreons get it first and then the lower tiers, but your argument seems to be that lower tiers wont get some of the content at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's the point the lower tiered patrons don't get that content until after public release which means having lower paying tiers serves very little purpose other than collecting revenue. They may get access 7 days before a public release but specific access to content is still paywalled in their version of the release until a later update. I'm simply asking for a valid reason as to as to why lower tier paying subs are paying for something they will have access to at the same time as a generic public release. If Thier supporting the project should they not have full access to all content from a release (within the release schedule) like all other patrons or is Thier money not good enough to be given that access

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
I think there might be some confusion as to the "lower tiers will miss out on some content" part of it. As far as I understand it, the game has "extra content" on higher tiers that give players the ability to influence more people through their phone. While lower tiers will have limits on how many people at once players can influence. But the contents of the story remain the same, am I right?

If so that's that's more of a feature than content and me this seems perfectly reasonable. Though as you said you can do whatever you want.

I do think that different version for every tier is tricky because the content is either:
1- easily patchable/hackable by some in this site
Or
2- costly to develop because it differs significantly from version to version.

If you try to battle the first case, you might find yourself frustrated and spending a lot of time fighting with pirates. Which would make it costly anyway.

These are just my thoughts, and not a criticism. Just an unasked for analysis based on incomplete information or maybe I just like to "read myself write"

Reactions: Bloody Ink
3.60 star(s) 122 Votes