Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
my character just hopping around while walking, is there any solution
Okay.. this is a new bug.. ahm.. well.. maybe your spacebar is stuck or something ?
No idea actually what could cause such a bug.

SiNtheRyu

Feb 26, 2020
Okay.. this is a new bug.. ahm.. well.. maybe your spacebar is stuck or something ?
No idea actually what could cause such a bug.
I reinstall the game and the problem is fixed ,still don't know why did it happens ,thanks for the reply.

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
can anyone provide me the link to the compressed version of this game? ...:rolleyes:
Ahm.. Compressed version of the game ?
Me confused >_<

THe game is already zipped so... no idea what you mean.
I think they are looking for a copy with a reduced overall file size when it's installed. I would suggest posting a request Here. Not sure if anything can be done for this game (I know nothing about how to compress a game) but you might get lucky and someone can help out.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I think they are looking for a copy with a reduced overall file size when it's installed. I would suggest posting a request Here. Not sure if anything can be done for this game (I know nothing about how to compress a game) but you might get lucky and someone can help out.
Mhn.. i doubt that anyone else than me can actualyl do somethign related to this issue. The files are already compressed into unity3d resource files.
Furthermore i dount that i could do something besides scaleing down some textures. And this would make the game look crappy >_<

Reactions: Nekura

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Mhn.. i doubt that anyone else than me can actualyl do somethign related to this issue. The files are already compressed into unity3d resource files.
Furthermore i dount that i could do something besides scaleing down some textures. And this would make the game look crappy >_<
Unless he meant the size of the download, that's what I was thinking. I've had some luck, (and some terrible luck), with extracting textures and replacing them from Unity games. However, sometimes Unity does NOT like it when you replace textures, I think it has to do with types of DXT compression or changes to file sizes within the asset. You can't see what the original developer used for their compression type, so compressing the texture backwards is mostly guesswork. When it goes wrong, the textures is either completely grey, or improperly scaled.
I was stuck on this for a long time, still don't know why it doesn't work in some games, but works fine in others.

And as a proof of concept, you could theoretically downsize any textures which are larger than 2048x2048 (or larger than a select MB value), and possibly save some amount of vram. But as stated, at the cost of visual quality. This will not improve performance anywhere else but the GPU. So performance gain is negligible if your bottleneck is the CPU.
can anyone provide me the link to the compressed version of this game? ...:rolleyes:
At the end of the day, it's 2020, time to get a new PC.

Reactions: KiRA (Nahid)

KiRA (Nahid)

Jun 4, 2018
Unless he meant the size of the download, that's what I was thinking. I've had some luck, (and some terrible luck), with extracting textures and replacing them from Unity games. However, sometimes Unity does NOT like it when you replace textures, I think it has to do with types of DXT compression or changes to file sizes within the asset. You can't see what the original developer used for their compression type, so compressing the texture backwards is mostly guesswork. When it goes wrong, the textures is either completely grey, or improperly scaled.
I was stuck on this for a long time, still don't know why it doesn't work in some games, but works fine in others.

And as a proof of concept, you could theoretically downsize any textures which are larger than 2048x2048 (or larger than a select MB value), and possibly save some amount of vram. But as stated, at the cost of visual quality. This will not improve performance anywhere else but the GPU. So performance gain is negligible if your bottleneck is the CPU.

At the end of the day, it's 2020, time to get a new PC.
Yes. I meant the size of the download and yes I agree with you. it's time to get a new pc. Thank you.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yes. I meant the size of the download and yes I agree with you. it's time to get a new pc. Thank you.
Nopy is usually the best download server to go for.
The game is nearly 6GB unpacked, so with the compression already down to ~1.8GB (30% of original size) it probably won't get crunched any further.
If your network speed isn't at least 1MB/s you don't need a new PC, you need to upgrade your network.

KiRA (Nahid)

Jun 4, 2018
Nopy is usually the best download server to go for.
The game is nearly 6GB unpacked, so with the compression already down to ~1.8GB (30% of original size) it probably won't get crunched any further.
If your network speed isn't at least 1MB/s you don't need a new PC, you need to upgrade your network.
Thank you for recommending Nopy. I will definitely try it and my network speed is not very fast. It is between 6-7 MB/S, I guess..

RobertRick

Feb 19, 2020
Don't know if Kerni visits here from time to time. Just a comment on his latest work which I think is great. One element, that made Abandoned exciting for me was the fact that there was a feeling of something to lose and also a feeling of being able to proceed from overcoming an obstacle. I miss that in Milkyway. Something to gain from taking a chance adds suspension to the gaming experience. Sexual content is great, and I would play anyway, but that little gaming element on top of that made Abandoned something special for me. Cheers everybody.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Don't know if Kerni visits here from time to time. Just a comment on his latest work which I think is great. One element, that made Abandoned exciting for me was the fact that there was a feeling of something to lose and also a feeling of being able to proceed from overcoming an obstacle. I miss that in Milkyway. Something to gain from taking a chance adds suspension to the gaming experience. Sexual content is great, and I would play anyway, but that little gaming element on top of that made Abandoned something special for me. Cheers everybody.
I do visit here from time to time ^_^

The problem with the story in milky ways is that i did not wanted to do the same with "abandoned island" so i did something more realistic (ahm.. so to speak)
But there is more than it meets the eye on this island :)
(the mails in the pirate bunker is hinting at something ^^)

Reactions: MattZart

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I, for one, hope to see the return of the Pirates in some way...that would put the element of danger in this game for sure.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The spelling is pretty bad, even with the mod on.

Worse though is the buttons on the machines and the notes that you can find, which are literally unreadable.
Not sure if that's a bug or not.

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
The spelling is pretty bad, even with the mod on.

Worse though is the buttons on the machines and the notes that you can find, which are literally unreadable.
Not sure if that's a bug or not.
Please try to use a higher graphic preset.
(Before you start the game you can select several in the splash screen)
Problem with the old unity editor is that the lowest graphic preset is selected by default.
(they changed it somewhere around 2017 when you coul select the deault graphic preset yourself (as developer))

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
Query: I didn't see anything going back a few pages, but did any of the patches to fix dialog ever reach completion?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Query: I didn't see anything going back a few pages, but did any of the patches to fix dialog ever reach completion?
Unfortunately i do not think so , the farthest i have seen is the particial one from BNshipper.

bshippers Spelling fix v0.13
(Dec 23, 2018)

This mod changes started from Kerni v0.96.2 release and changes 18,791 lines of dialog out of 24,586 (approx 76%).

Reactions: Fitzgerald

Mr_wickedways

Jan 20, 2020
to be precise you need to....
1.insert the storymod.js file into the folder where the AATOFL.exe is located
2. Start AATOFL
3. open the gameplay settings menu and activate the story mods (you should leave the full mod injection OFF)
View attachment 204998
4.Then you restart the game and during the restart it should take a bit londer due to the injkection of the spellchecking

Do not activate the old spellcorrection!
This type of spellcorrection is old and ugly ^_^
View attachment 204999
Just so people like me don't spend 2 hours trying to figure out the mod manager, when you download a mod from it you have to save it to te game.exe location, the problem is the file downloaded from mod manager don't come with a valid extension name like (.txt .pdf .exe .rar etc...) and not a name, so without instructions its pretty hard to figure it out, for example i was trying to download the bshippers Spelling fix v0.13 from it, when you download it it comes as a blank file and have no instructions in how to make it work, luckly i found this post after quite some time searching through the thread, if you downloaded it from the mod manager you have to put the extension on the file and the name too, like this StoryMod.js and move the archive to the game folder where AATOFL.exe is ^-^ and of course do the procedures above too.

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes