Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
first, the game is really great , one of the best adult games i ever play. i played it long time ago and want to enjoy it again.

i play the 0.96.2 patch and i think somethink is strange,

the girls start to to naughty stuff right away,,, i mean really at the beginning after i rescure the 2nd girl.

they have 0 arousel but 1 start mastrubating and the other was joining instantly.

i think in old version or without the patch is was different and need time..

or maybe i am wrong and this is just random???
I guess this is a bug then , they should not be able to do "nughty" stuff right away.
Anyway , since i rather not touch old code i would like to leave this be as "not gamebreaking"
Maybe when i am compling a steam version i will try to find that error and fix it =)

greggjennings

Jun 19, 2020
As i mentioned in my last post to you , you ned to go intothe spaceship again and use the big black boxes.
View attachment 746256

After that your helmet will disappear and then you can use the elevator upstairs and go to the laboratory section.

And i did a bit research... there is a playthrough through my game avaliable.
I deleted the game as it is unplayable.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
I found a poker game in the one area, and when I went to start it, is there a way to cheat it, I try to use the CTRL+W to win it but it seems that it doesn't work for the poker game, so I am stuck in the poker game, is there a way to just end it or stay till you win it, which is getting boring to me since I don't know how to play poker

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
I found a poker game in the one area, and when I went to start it, is there a way to cheat it, I try to use the CTRL+W to win it but it seems that it doesn't work for the poker game, so I am stuck in the poker game, is there a way to just end it or stay till you win it, which is getting boring to me since I don't know how to play poker
The poker game is one where the best cheat you can get is seeing the girls cards with the Ctrl+W keys. They're not the brightest players so a quick lesson on how to play poker and that cheat should be all you need. It's optional as well, giving you an extra scene with the girls or an outfit.

Reactions: syfy88man
Jan 19, 2020
Why is there no instructions or guide on this game? Why are the reviews so strong when you just throw the newbies to the wolves!? There are no clues given on the combat system. WTF?

Reactions: Satyr

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Why is there no instructions or guide on this game? Why are the reviews so strong when you just throw the newbies to the wolves!? There are no clues given on the combat system. WTF?
You should just either skip the fights or loose them(gives you more scenes).
The inclusion of this "feature" was a mistake by me >_<.
Other than that , the game is very very striaghtforward. You can even press F1 to see what you can/should do next.

hope this helps a bit.

Jan 19, 2020
You should just either skip the fights or loose them(gives you more scenes).
The inclusion of this "feature" was a mistake by me >_<.
Other than that , the game is very very striaghtforward. You can even press F1 to see what you can/should do next.

hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for the reply. Did not expect the developer to still be monitoring threads on a completed game.

Not even sure how to lose the combat. Will try.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Did not expect the developer to still be monitoring threads on a completed game.

Not even sure how to lose the combat. Will try.
in the last release (version 0.96) you should be able top skip them (as dialogue decision)
other than that you can just skip your turns during combat ^_^

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
@Kerni

Please don't take anything that follows personally, as from everything I've read in this thread, and the graphics I've been able to see, you've done a fantastic job all on your own. Just consider this a general rant at the moon.

I'd love to check out this game. Maybe I'll pull it out in a few years after I win the lottery and buy the latest, greatest whiz-bang gaming system. For the moment, my pc that runs most everything can't get past the splash screen without crashing. After some fruitless hours trying different graphics settings, playing in the registry, restarting a locked up pc several times, I'm just too tired and frustrated to spend anymore time on it.

I appreciate all the earlier posters who seem to be able to run this on what they say are "older" (?) systems. More power to them. Maybe all the people who couldn't get it to work, just haven't bothered to complain.

I can't say if this is a problem with the game or the Unity engine, but I have some other Unity games that run just fine.

You needn't respond. At this point, I don't have the time to waste making this one game work, so listing my pc specs would be pointless.

I would like to make just one point: if you (or other game devs) want to develop to the limits of the graphics capabilities available to you, perhaps you (or they) might consider educating prospective players about the intricacies of FSAA, SSAA, SSAO, horizontal_sync, etc. All I know is, after several hours, I congratulated myself for getting to the start of the game, moved my mouse in the second line of Victor's log entry, and it crashed. I gave up.

So again, nothing personal. Keep at it.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Just consider this a general rant at the moon.
This is really going to bug you:
My computer and graphics were last updated in 2007.
I CAN play this game. I have random office computer I bought off e-bay used 11 years ago
I cannot play any other unity games AT ALL.
The only problem I have is in space. I get about 2 fps until I get into the station, then it works perfect.
You can buy my computer on e-bay right now for $20-$40 ... Some as low as $12

Reactions: Kamilgar

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
This is really going to bug you:
My computer and graphics were last updated in 2007.
I CAN play this game. I have random office computer I bought off e-bay used 11 years ago
I cannot play any other unity games AT ALL.
The only problem I have is in space. I get about 2 fps until I get into the station, then it works perfect.
You can buy my computer on e-bay right now for $20-$40 ... Some as low as $12
Sure it bugs me, but not the way you think. To reiterate, "more power to you".

But let me stress, your experience on your machine is not relevant to my experience on my machine. Apples & oranges.

Reactions: caju

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Rant accepted :)
My game is really not that optimized , i did not do anything other than umbra occlusion culling and some texture resizing xD

Does my new game also crash on your PC ?
https://f95zone.to/threads/milky-ways-v0-57-kerni.33000/
Since you seem like a nice guy, and you asked nicely, I downloaded and installed it.

I got to the 3rd line of the MC's conversation with his autopilot, and crashed (using the OOB graphics settings).

And yes, even on low graphics settings, it crashed my display driver (Win msg: "The display driver has stopped working, and has restarted." The game (Milky Ways) doesn't recover from that.

In fairness, I only tried twice with Milky Ways, but spent several hours with AAOTFL. I experienced a variety of symptoms, either resulting in a total crash to desktop, failed display driver, or, in one case a locked up PC. With the failed display driver crashes, I would either get a totally white game screen, or it would minimize to the taskbar, couldn't do anything with it (though the taskbar preview only showed a clear frame for the game), and Task Manager had difficulty ending the program.

For the record (unfortunately, I deleted the crash logs on the two occasions it created them) the following are my pc specs:

Dell Inspiron 3847 - Win 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Intel Core i3-4130 CPU @3.40GHz, RAM - 8.00 GB, DirectX 11

Purchased 2/2014

Windows Experience Index (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor - 7.3 - 92.4%
RAM - 7.6 - 96.2%
Graphics - 6.6 - 83.5%
Gaming Graphics - 6.6 - 83.5%
Hard Disk - 5.9 - 74.7%
Base Score - 5.9 - 74.7%

Intel HD Graphics 4400
Monitor - G236HL - Flat Screen LED VGA 1680 x 1050, 60 HZ

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel:
General Settings - Quality
Application Optimal Mode - On

Truly, though I appreciate this is your baby, and you want it to work, I'm not going to spend more time on it. I've other fish to fry before I die.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Intel HD Graphics 4400
If this is you main graphic card then.. it is a absolute wonder that you could even see the first 3 seconds in AATOFL xD
Dut to the very extensive texture size you need a dedicated Grpahics card >_<

But other than that , your PC specs looks fine to me.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Untitled.jpg
Game runs fine for me... Except it is slow in space.
I have no idea how though.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
This ran pretty good on an AMD desktop I'd built- It was a quad core 3.1 Athlon 2 with 4 gigs of ram and an Nvidia GT 630 1gb card. Had Windows 7 Ultimate with DX 11 IRRC. Ran smooth as butter except when colliding with the walls in the spaceship inside the Hangar Bay. Oh and the first glitch with the poker game and getting lost in space... it would slow it down slightly when I would try to run into objects outside the ship. :KEK:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
and I hate to add mud to this conversation but I have gotten both games to work well with just a Lenovo Think Center running an Intel embedded processor and 4 gigs of ram (i3 processor) Admittedly this is a later bought pc.
Hey, anoldscrewup If $$ is the issue, buy one of these used/refurbished off ebay for sub $200 running Win 10 w/4-8gigs and a 125Gbyt SSD. Why mess with old hdware at this price?

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
If this is you main graphic card then.. it is a absolute wonder that you could even see the first 3 seconds in AATOFL xD
Dut to the very extensive texture size you need a dedicated Grpahics card >_<

But other than that , your PC specs looks fine to me.
To clarify for caju, this is what reallly bugs me -

From the OP:
Installation:

1- Extract to desired location.
2- Click on AATOFL.exe to start playing.

Changelog:

Please define what a "dedicated Graphics card" is, and why mention of its necessity is not prominently mentioned in the OP. The assumption that anyone interested in the game already has specialized hardware necessary just to start the game seems based on the idea that if you don't have such, you're not a true "gamer", and therefore don't matter.

Kerni, that is not intended as a slam on you, personally. It seems to be a pervasive concept, not just among the devs, but members generally. I know you are not a corporation, capable of testing the game on a broad spectrum of platforms. Judging by what I've heard expressed in other threads, I'm supposed to "know'" the game won't run on a middle-of-the road system. Why? I doubt the texture size is the problem, as the Unity menu offers a variety of resolutions, as well as texture quality choices. There may be NOTHING amiss in your programming except pushing the Unity engine to its limits, and IT is breaking my hardware. Once upon a time, a programmer would program a check, and a message would pop-up, "This program requires a higher level graphics card." I have dl'd programs purported to run on my XP system that pop-up the message "Require 2.0 shaders", and don't try to run the program, not get halfway through loading and crash, or load completely and crash, leaving me wondering why.

(BTW, what's wrong with my graphics card?)

I don't have a problem with a dev creating a thoroughbred that runs only on extremely high-end systems. That kind of pushing the limits is a good thing. My problem is with not telling the prospective player up-front. Not looking to start a flame war. Just my opinion.

@professorx10, you're not the first, and won't be the last to tell me how, in your opinion, I should spend my money. My budget is not the issue. I'm glad the games run for YOU. They don't run for me, and I'm not going to buy new hardware for just one game. Besides, I do more than gaming on my machines. Having the greatest gaming machine is not high on my priority list.

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes