about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Simple reason: Change in performance was noticeable after executing this game, combined with the fact that I tend to only run one game a day if at all. So, no...not the 10+ other downloads. Combine this with the fact that the scanner pops up with the same trojan it "falsely identified", even after uninstalling everything to do with the game and flushing browser cashes.

When in doubt im more likely to blame the game giving me a positive on my scan, even if it is claimed to be a false positive, than other games that give me no warning.

Im glad to hear you arent having those issues, but I can only go off my own experience. If that displeases you, feel free to just discount me as some random having a hissyfit.
It was the exe file that caused a lot of trouble. We refused to use it in future versions. We left only the Start_Game file to run it. Just delete about it.exe. After the latest windows defender updates, this file really started to be detected as a threat.
11.png

Reactions: HurtTrotter
Jun 19, 2018
I do.

A number of people are having issues with a part of this game being flagged as a trojan.
One thing they ALL have in common.
It is Windows Defender that alerts them.

NO other antivirus software finds ANYTHING in the files.

Ask yourself the question which scenario is the more likely one.
Is it that Windows Defender (arguably the worst antivirus on the market) is identifying a threat no other antivirus is?
Or is it that Windows Defender falsely flags something that no other antivirus has issues with?

I won't deny that you have a trojan or something but it almost certainly has not this game as origin.
That's wholesale bollocks, sorry, you should be a little more nuanced and fact-based when you pounce on someone and declare something ex-cathedra.

:

THIRTEEN engines. Not one. Did you even verify the claim?

Readme file shipped in the game archive says:
GAME
1. Run file about_it.exe or Start_Game
2. Play

It encourages to run the binary detected as malicious/virus/trojan.
Likely one of these infected Pseudohero PC.

:

Further to that - FIFTEEN DLL files shipped in the same archive, in .\QSP\sound is recognised as suspected malware by one or two engines. about_it is shipping archives containing viruses according to the 13 VirusTotal engines. Personally that's enough to never touch anything they release with a stick, can't quess what can be achieved with QSP, but to each their own.
(checked both compressed 0.93.5 and uncompressed 0.95.3 downloaded from Anonfiles)

Out of the curiosity I checked binaries (exe and DLL) for Qqsp-1.9.0-win64 I run for Girl Life and they're all squeaky clean, so there's apparently no need to ship malicious QSP player.

And FYI - this is the institute being the de-facto the industry tester, and they consider MS Defender being one of their top picks:

You keep perpetuating myths from the Windows 95 times while since a few years, especially on Windows 10 or 11, it's performing really well in basically any independent test.

...so if you shitting on someone for using perfectly capable and performing AV alerting about the virus-riddled binary, you better whip out your credentials.

And you know what's most funny for me? , is a report for the mega.nz DOWNLOAD URL, not the archive, not binaries. Virustotal checks whether URL is a "malware site, phishing site, suspicious site", not whether something that can be downloaded using a bit of javascript is acually harmfil. LOL. Yeah, mega.nz is safe and not a phishing site. If that's your argument for the archive contents... So much for your credentials I guess.

To anyone considering running this game. DO NOT RUN ANY OF THE DEPLOYED BINARIES, they may put your computer at risk.
If you really insist on running a game of the developer who is knowingly* shipping binaries flagged by multiple engines as viruses/trojans, at least delete everything except for "proETO" directory, then find yourself a safe source of the QSP player, and play away.

* "It was the exe file that caused a lot of trouble. We refused to use it in future versions. We left only the Start_Game file to run it. Just delete about it.exe. After the latest windows defender updates, this file really started to be detected as a threat."

Reactions: chichong

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Since I did download, check and start the archive according to you and the complainer my system should now be riddled with trojans and viruses.

As mentioned above I did check the archive in packed and extracted form in a security OS with multiple scanners.
Not just online.
Starting the binary or the exe did not make my AV Livechecker go nuts either.

Example of a scan I did just now:
Unbenannt.png

Last edited:

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
That's wholesale bollocks, sorry, you should be a little more nuanced and fact-based when you pounce on someone and declare something ex-cathedra.

:

THIRTEEN engines. Not one. Did you even verify the claim?

Readme file shipped in the game archive says:
GAME
1. Run file about_it.exe or Start_Game
2. Play

It encourages to run the binary detected as malicious/virus/trojan.
Likely one of these infected Pseudohero PC.

:

Further to that - FIFTEEN DLL files shipped in the same archive, in .\QSP\sound is recognised as suspected malware by one or two engines. about_it is shipping archives containing viruses according to the 13 VirusTotal engines. Personally that's enough to never touch anything they release with a stick, can't quess what can be achieved with QSP, but to each their own.
(checked both compressed 0.93.5 and uncompressed 0.95.3 downloaded from Anonfiles)

Out of the curiosity I checked binaries (exe and DLL) for Qqsp-1.9.0-win64 I run for Girl Life and they're all squeaky clean, so there's apparently no need to ship malicious QSP player.

And FYI - this is the institute being the de-facto the industry tester, and they consider MS Defender being one of their top picks:

You keep perpetuating myths from the Windows 95 times while since a few years, especially on Windows 10 or 11, it's performing really well in basically any independent test.

...so if you shitting on someone for using perfectly capable and performing AV alerting about the virus-riddled binary, you better whip out your credentials.

And you know what's most funny for me? , is a report for the mega.nz DOWNLOAD URL, not the archive, not binaries. Virustotal checks whether URL is a "malware site, phishing site, suspicious site", not whether something that can be downloaded using a bit of javascript is acually harmfil. LOL. Yeah, mega.nz is safe and not a phishing site. If that's your argument for the archive contents... So much for your credentials I guess.

To anyone considering running this game. DO NOT RUN ANY OF THE DEPLOYED BINARIES, they may put your computer at risk.
If you really insist on running a game of the developer who is knowingly* shipping binaries flagged by multiple engines as viruses/trojans, at least delete everything except for "proETO" directory, then find yourself a safe source of the QSP player, and play away.

* "It was the exe file that caused a lot of trouble. We refused to use it in future versions. We left only the Start_Game file to run it. Just delete about it.exe. After the latest windows defender updates, this file really started to be detected as a threat."
I take it that this call to play Girl Life and not play About it is another attempt to try to destroy this project?
We're not trying to hurt anyone. Everyone chooses what they like.

Reactions: HurtTrotter

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
In this case I'd rather assume it was an ordinary comparison and not an attempt to "destroy this project".
The person in question obviously did not know or was oblivious to the fact the version mentioned is made directly for Girl Life and does not 100% work for other qsp games.
That version for instance has more or less full video support while normal qsp can only visualize image files. That includes gif "videos".

The "scummy" qsp player is included so the game does not need a qsp player pre-installed and can be launched right away without downloading something from a website first.

//edit
I finished a full antivir on my computer. Since I have multiple terabytes, it takes a while. (Report said 13 hours 43 minutes ...)
Apart from a few email attachment phishing trojans, thunderbird quarantined itself, nothing was found.
That means either I just had a fluke and randomly got a clean copy or all virustotal found were false positives.
No other possibility.

And as you might have guessed, I am leaning strongly towards the latter.

Last edited:

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
New publication on Patreon today. Join our patrons and get these updates now.
You can also, without any registration, support our project here:

About it v0.93.6

- Game version changed to "0.93.6"!!!
- For those who doubt that he has all the game files -
- Thanks to our friend Salvelinus, we continued to work on improving the translation of the game.
- Despite all our desire to have our own exe file, we refused to use it and removed it from the game. The reason for this was the numerous complaints about its operation and the definition of this file as a threat by antivirus programs. Now, only the Start_Game file is left to start the game.
- Finally, we resolved the problem with the game mechanics, which tracked the change of elasticity of MC holes. After carefully studying all of your comments and suggestions, we removed the old game mechanics and made it anew. The new game mechanics are no longer tied to the daily cycle. We made the tracking and changing of orifice elasticity states every hour. Now, frequent sex doesn't cause excessive strains that were beyond common sense. Basically, only fisting and double penetration have an effect on excessive stretching and deformation. Also, frequent use of sex toys can have some effect on increasing elasticity. Regeneration and recovery occurs more quickly. Now, with regular sex, elasticity and elasticity have good indicators. Of course, it takes time and more testing to correct the new play mechanics. We hope that if you have any problems with the changes in MC hole states, you will let us know and we will solve them together.
- We have also paid attention to the use of the anal plug. Now, not only does it serve to stretch and stimulate the muscles in the practice of anal sex, but it also serves another function. When the anus is deformed and loosened, while using the anal plug, it causes the muscles that hold it in place to tense. This leads to positive changes without surgical intervention.
- Male NPCs gained another variable for their character. Now, they have a pronounced attitude toward group sex. Many of them will now not want to share the MC with anyone else and will seek sex with the MC when no one is in their way. This will give an opportunity to solve the problem with the imbalance of friendship, after group sex, or to get the cohabitant to agree to participate in a swingers party, which we can implement in the game if you wish.
- When calculating the option to start an orgy on a date where both female and male NPCs are present, now, not only do female NPCs' attitudes towards group sex take into account, but male NPCs' attitudes towards group sex are also taken into account.
- Following our traditions and common sense, we have tried to make sure that NPCs are not categorical in their attitudes towards group sex. Of course if they are negative about group sex they cannot initiate an orgy, but the atmosphere, desire for a new experience or other factors can make them take part. Likewise, participating in group sex may influence their preferences and they may enjoy it. Everything is in your hands. The main thing is not to get discouraged if things don't work out and try again.
- Also, NPCs who interact with the MC for the first time and leave the company after refusing to participate in the orgy may tell other NPCs about the MC's frivolous behavior and raise the perception in their area that the MC is a whore.
- Added an extra action for the MC when interacting with NPCs of both genders in company. Now, at a certain level of friendship with an NPC, she will, directly, be able to offer to have an orgy. In case of refusal, she can repeat her offer or choose another behavior option to influence the development of events.

Replace the game files.
Do not forget to add the missing folders of the archive in the folder with the game.

Thank you very much for YOUR help and support !!!

Gakko_dev

Vice President
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019

About it v0.93.6

- Game version changed to "0.93.6"!!!
- For those who doubt that he has all the game files - ARCHIVE as of 03.05
- Thanks to our friend Salvelinus, we continued to work on improving the translation of the game.
- Despite all our desire to have our own exe file, we refused to use it and removed it from the game. The reason for this was the numerous complaints about its operation and the definition of this file as a threat by antivirus programs. Now, only the Start_Game file is left to start the game.
- Finally, we resolved the problem with the game mechanics, which tracked the change of elasticity of MC holes. After carefully studying all of your comments and suggestions, we removed the old game mechanics and made it anew. The new game mechanics are no longer tied to the daily cycle. We made the tracking and changing of orifice elasticity states every hour. Now, frequent sex doesn't cause excessive strains that were beyond common sense. Basically, only fisting and double penetration have an effect on excessive stretching and deformation. Also, frequent use of sex toys can have some effect on increasing elasticity. Regeneration and recovery occurs more quickly. Now, with regular sex, elasticity and elasticity have good indicators. Of course, it takes time and more testing to correct the new play mechanics. We hope that if you have any problems with the changes in MC hole states, you will let us know and we will solve them together.
- We have also paid attention to the use of the anal plug. Now, not only does it serve to stretch and stimulate the muscles in the practice of anal sex, but it also serves another function. When the anus is deformed and loosened, while using the anal plug, it causes the muscles that hold it in place to tense. This leads to positive changes without surgical intervention.
- Male NPCs gained another variable for their character. Now, they have a pronounced attitude toward group sex. Many of them will now not want to share the MC with anyone else and will seek sex with the MC when no one is in their way. This will give an opportunity to solve the problem with the imbalance of friendship, after group sex, or to get the cohabitant to agree to participate in a swingers party, which we can implement in the game if you wish.
- When calculating the option to start an orgy on a date where both female and male NPCs are present, now, not only do female NPCs' attitudes towards group sex take into account, but male NPCs' attitudes towards group sex are also taken into account.
- Following our traditions and common sense, we have tried to make sure that NPCs are not categorical in their attitudes towards group sex. Of course if they are negative about group sex they cannot initiate an orgy, but the atmosphere, desire for a new experience or other factors can make them take part. Likewise, participating in group sex may influence their preferences and they may enjoy it. Everything is in your hands. The main thing is not to get discouraged if things don't work out and try again.
- Also, NPCs who interact with the MC for the first time and leave the company after refusing to participate in the orgy may tell other NPCs about the MC's frivolous behavior and raise the perception in their area that the MC is a whore.
- Added an extra action for the MC when interacting with NPCs of both genders in company. Now, at a certain level of friendship with an NPC, she will, directly, be able to offer to have an orgy. In case of refusal, she can repeat her offer or choose another behavior option to influence the development of events.

Replace the game files.
Do not forget to add the missing folders of the archive in the folder with the game.

Nice thank you..

i hope one day there will be gifs in all sex scenes :D

Jun 19, 2018
I take it that this call to play Girl Life and not play About it is another attempt to try to destroy this project?
We're not trying to hurt anyone. Everyone chooses what they like.
No, absolutely not. I find QSP interesting platform and have quite a few these games, I just had this particular player handy, running some other game (not even GL which I put on hold long time ago waiting for the specific milestone, but which was my first QSP game so I will always compare other games to that one).

I made very specific, factual observation about the binaries shipped with your game, about the fact these binaries (especially the about_it.exe your readme recommends to run) are recognised by multiple AV engines as malicious.

Is that destroying the project? If you care about that just stop shipping something that looks really, really bad.

Address the issues I found. I never commented on the quality of the game (I didn't play it, I find it to risky due to the findings), I merely commented on the Brannon 's:
Congratulations on not being able to use your brain and instead trying to rely on windows defender.
EVERYTHING is better than this shit stain of software.
and his attempt to prove archive is clean by pointing to the clean scan of the hosting website and frankly a little imprecise (to say it gently) claims re: recent Windows Defender.

So... killing the project? That's ridiculous claim. Just make sure you share clean binaries. Especially if you say they're unnecessary ("Just delete about it.exe"). Or, you know, at least post some Developer's note on the first page?

I see this in the latest changelog though, in the version that at some point will probably be shared:
Success.

OnlyOnce1

Jan 7, 2018
Just make sure you share clean binaries.
They ARE clean, dude. There're NO trojans in that files, it's just a false positive detection from shit-engines.

You can satisfy your paranoia just by getting another QSPplayer and not using the one from game distribution.
For example, VirusTotal has no issues for Qqsp 1.9 (win32 version).

• Angry
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Have you EVER thought about WHY every single one of the antivirus scans found a DIFFERENT piece of code? Why not two of them are even remotely similarly named?

Have you EVER tried to scan the official qsp player from the website?

It is "just delete about it.exe" because then hundreds of 100% confirmed false trojan allegations that exist because some antivirus scanner issued another false alarm cease to arrive with every single new release.

If you are standing inside a Target with a sign that in big, bold letters states that XYZ has been found in product ZYX and to go shopping at Walmart it is similar to what you previously did.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020

About it v0.93.6_08.05

- Continued to work on improving the translation in the game, thanks to our friend Salvelinus, who did an amazing job.
- Many of you remember the problems that haunted us with the display of rooms belonging to NPCs. The huge number of patches and variables that tried to make the code of these locations stable turned into real chaos. We made new mechanics for displaying NPC apartments and hotel rooms, making them in 4 variants. The first two options correspond to low-income NPCs. These are either rooms that are shocking in their squalor and correspond more to drunks, drug dens or the unemployed, or rooms that emphasize the low income of their owners. Previously, these rooms could be displayed in mixed versions and did not correspond to common sense, but now we have corrected this problem.
- Fixed a bug with the number of rooms in NPC apartments. Now they correspond to the NPC's income. Previously, the probability of having a two-room apartment for all NPCs, regardless of their income, was the same.
- By making the start of dating orgies with NPCs of both genders, we missed one very important detail. The start wasn't always with the NPC the MC wanted as her partner. We made new game mechanics that solve this problem. Now, when approaching a particular male NPC that the MC would like to have as her partner in an orgy, she can, with flirting or kissing, initialize the start of the orgy from that NPC's position. If the NPC is okay with group sex (as you remember, we added a new variable for male NPCs), then the MC will get the desired result. Otherwise, the MC will get more data about the NPC of interest. Recall that the orgy is initialized by calculating various NPC variables that take into account the level of relationship with the MC, the NPC's attitude toward group sex, and the level of sexual satisfaction (potency).
- Fixed an error starting sex with the producer, which was formed after optimization of the location code.
- Added a new skill for MC - the level of knowledge of foreign languages, which will be one of the components to start a career stewardess. Also this skill will be useful in MC adventures abroad.

11e.png

- MC gets a small basic foreign language skill at the start, which she can develop while studying at university. If she is successful in her exams, by the middle of the 2nd year her foreign language skills will be above average. MC can also study a foreign language on her own with the help of a computer on the Internet. This will be minimal in cost, but also a longer option. Finally, she will be able to attend courses at the City House of Culture, which are the most effective. The higher the level of foreign language knowledge the MC has, the easier and faster the progress will be.

22e.png

Replace the game files.

forbbs

May 3, 2020
hi i need help, i tried to apply for a job at a medical clinic and i was refused but my action bar is blank so i can't move on, and my last save was quite abit back so i don't want to use it if possible.

remy1205

Jun 18, 2017
how do you purchase the apartment? i have enough money in the bank (casino save scum exploit). I have searched keywords like "purchase" and "apartment" but didn't find what i need.

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
hi i need help, i tried to apply for a job at a medical clinic and i was refused but my action bar is blank so i can't move on, and my last save was quite abit back so i don't want to use it if possible.
333.png

444.png

about_it

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020

About it v0.93.6_15.05

- Added an action to the dorm room that allows the MC to move to the laundry room if there are dirty items in the basket.
- If the MC has no money to wash dirty things in the dorm laundry room, they are moved from the basket back into the closet.
- Fixed bug with MC suggestion for double penetration during sex.
- Fixed the bug with the lack of action on the refusal of her employment in the medical institution.
- Reworked the initialization of sex with female NPCs, removing unnecessary variables and optimizing the game mechanics.
- Made new game mechanics. If, in a group of female NPCs, the MC pays attention and hits on a certain NPC, the start of the initialization of group sex starts from the position of this female NPC.
- Continued to work on group sex with male NPCs. Made a gameplay mechanic that checks all male NPCs present for their attitude towards group sex with MCs. The testing is done in two stages. First, it identifies those NPCs who may be initiators and don't mind sharing an MC with someone else at all. Then, those NPCs are determined that, although they do not welcome sex in the presence of anyone else, but, for one reason or another, are ready to join the company of the initiators. The reasons can range from an attempt to get a new experience to a fear of losing the respect of the other members of the group. Then the game mechanics makes a record of all the data, which showed the initiative and expressed the consent of the NPCs. When the variant starts, when NPCs decide to take turns having sex with an MC, their individual parameters are recorded and all events are calculated using them. During sex the name of each new partner is displayed to make it easier for her to form an opinion of him. The option when male NPCs decide to have sex with an MC at the same time has not yet been significantly changed, but we continue to work with all of your wishes in mind.
- Added an action for the MC when she is in male company, which allows her to start the initiation of group sex.
- Made the start of a stewardess career in two options. The first option is through a job search on the computer. The second directly at the airport itself.

11е.png
22e.png

- Interview done at the airline office. If successful, the MC receives a referral for a medical examination.

33e.png
44e.png

- Done medical examination by referral from the airline. Next, the MC will have two options waiting for her. If the MC has the skills of a flight attendant, she will receive a referral for an internship. If she does not, the MC will be directed to a stewardess course, which is currently being worked on.

Replace the "aero" folder in the game folder.
Replace game files. Download

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes