shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
You don't like the dev taking a break? What? All dev's take a break or they get burnt out, this is exactly what happened here and he took a break....the dev's update have never been fast anyway...
I didn't know he was taking a break, I have barely been reading this thread, my bad. I am supportive of devs taking breaks

Last edited:

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
You don't like the dev taking a break? What? All dev's take a break or they get burnt out, this is exactly what happened here and he took a break....the dev's update have never been fast anyway...
No one's against dev taking breaks. Taking breaks without communicating that you're taking a break and just going MIA... Not so much.

Reactions: drdiver3

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
Straight from the horses mouth...

They are more active on Discord as well...
But that's the problem... a lot of people will just assume abandoned the moment they see no activity on Patreon, Discord and this site are not the place to communicate this type of thing, like a break, or an issue that will make you be off for some time, can't really blame people for thinking the game is done if the dev is not updating the place where the billing happens, which should always be the first place to be updated, he just needs to copy the same message he puts on Discord to Patreon, if he can't do that, why would anyone think he will finish the game.

Again, after knowing what the dev posted on Discord and this site, I'm pretty sure he will go back to work on the game after a break and nothing will have happened, but he probably lost quite a few followers for something that could've been avoided by just taking 10 minutes to log in to Patreon and post something, I might be pushy about this, but that's because I feel like a lot of devs don't take this seriously enough, and it's for a lot of people, a red flag, and an automatic ignore, or at least will make it so they won't consider supporting.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
But that's the problem... a lot of people will just assume abandoned the moment they see no activity on Patreon, Discord and this site are not the place to communicate this type of thing, like a break, or an issue that will make you be off for some time, can't really blame people for thinking the game is done if the dev is not updating the place where the billing happens, which should always be the first place to be updated, he just needs to copy the same message he puts on Discord to Patreon, if he can't do that, why would anyone think he will finish the game.

Again, after knowing what the dev posted on Discord and this site, I'm pretty sure he will go back to work on the game after a break and nothing will have happened, but he probably lost quite a few followers for something that could've been avoided by just taking 10 minutes to log in to Patreon and post something, I might be pushy about this, but that's because I feel like a lot of devs don't take this seriously enough, and it's for a lot of people, a red flag, and an automatic ignore, or at least will make it so they won't consider supporting.
This game has been quite well received on Steam. With the money he made there, not too sure if Patreon is a big concern for him right now. Steam has certainly bankrolled an extensive "break" if he so chooses. :devilish:

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022

You explain it from your point of view, for the dev, if notifying on discord is enough, that's how it will be, if he loses followers it's his problem, your way of how you think he should treat his patrons and the way he thinks about how he should treat them are different, those who have the right to complain are their patreon and from what I read they have done it by message on patreon and got their response.

F95 is more than anything a means to advertise and start to be known, once a fan base is secured, many developers forget the page where they started and only focus on their official pages.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Crazy that this is still listed as Abandoned when the Dev himself came in here saying he was just taking a break. At least put it in On Hold status ffs.

Reactions: HotVenusStudios

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Crazy that this is still listed as Abandoned when the Dev himself came in here saying he was just taking a break. At least put it in On Hold status ffs.
Once the abandoned tag is applied, it can only be removed after dev release a new game update.
If he had announced in his patreon he was taking a break and game will be on hold for some time, then the on hold tag will be applied. But instead, he just decided drop silent without any warning or announce and that's the result. Reaping what he sowed, i guess

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I was playing this but going to put it on hold as it's been so long and may never get an update. So threw it into a maybe folder. I'm not going to waste anymore time on a game that may never get an update.

• Haha
Reactions: Piat and Bloodguard

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Well to be honest, this game is starting to feel as abandoned as the tag suggests. Holding on to hope, but only a little. Dev's updates hold little value as I've witnessed time and time again. Please be the exception to the rule Mundo.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
In all seriousness, I am okay with game creator taking a break and all, but why not to put "On-Hold" tag, if they are planning to continue with the game?
Because there was never notice of the break until last month on Discord, and if there is no official communication through Patreon/SS F95 assumes that after the three months of silence it is abandoned (as the rules say).

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Yeah, I understand that, but why didn't the game creator itself put "On-Hold" tag? Can only the moderators do that?
That's what I mean, if Mundo had warned that there was going to be an extended break, the tag would have been "on hold", and in the case of this thread only the mods can make modifications (the ownership of the thread is no longer Mundo's).

4.30 star(s) 205 Votes