Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
"i wouldn't call what we have love. I don't HATE him, exactly..."

God damn, why can't siblings in h-games just get along...? Before they start going at it, that is?!

I like the game, I really do. I just...can't stand this trope anymore

Reactions: EJW

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
God damn, why can't siblings in h-games just get along...? Before they start going at it, that is?!
Because most siblings IRL don't get along. I mean, siblings do sometimes get along (there are ofc often special moments), and they will defend each other fiercely when things get really serious. But the reality is that most siblings will fight often when growing up. It's actually pretty normal.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
OK, another thing that bugs me

MC starts out as a bit of a badass. He kicked the crap out of the bullies and Superman-ed his way to save his teacher and his sisters

But he let some shirtless minion punch him out and gets kidnapped later

WHY??

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
Because most siblings IRL don't get along. I mean, siblings do sometimes get along (there are ofc often special moments), and they will defend each other fiercely when things get really serious. But the reality is that most siblings will fight often when growing up. It's actually pretty normal.
Siblings can fight and argue at times but STILL get along for the most part and actually do love each other. It's a stereotype that MOST don't "get along" (and by that I mean REALLY don't get along, not just occasional fallouts...actually HATING each other)

But meh. At least they DO get along for the most part, so that's fine in this game. It just wasn't clear at the start. Other VNs have one sister absolutely HATING MC's guts without explanation or over something so stupid it isn't even worth consideration, so I'm glad to see MC and his sisters don't actually want one another dead here!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Siblings can fight and argue at times but STILL get along for the most part and actually do love each other. It's a stereotype that MOST don't "get along" (and by that I mean REALLY don't get along, not just occasional fallouts...actually HATING each other)

But meh. At least they DO get along for the most part, so that's fine in this game. It just wasn't clear at the start. Other VNs have one sister absolutely HATING MC's guts without explanation or over something so stupid it isn't even worth consideration, so I'm glad to see MC and his sisters don't actually want one another dead here!
Yeah, it's true. Both exist for sure, and most are like you've described in your first paragraph. Some stereotypes exist for a reason: My own siblings and I have had seriously heated conversations and stopped talking to each other for hours at a time. But we also always make up, forgive, and continue to love one another anyway. Other than annoying each other from time to time, most siblings do get along. The whole hates-MC's-guts-because-reasons thing has been done over and over again, definitely way too often.

Reactions: EJW and Mauser45
4.30 star(s) 206 Votes