What's your favourite girl from this ones??

• Sayu (girlfriend)

Votes: 279 23.6%
  • Sasha (Night club security)

Votes: 62 5.2%
  • Lala ( The adorable succubus)

Votes: 265 22.4%
  • Izumi

Votes: 151 12.8%
  • Veronica

Votes: 38 3.2%
  • Karen

Votes: 38 3.2%
  • Mirai

Votes: 65 5.5%
  • Tisha

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Yui (Principal)

Votes: 122 10.3%
  • Ilyana (High elf)

Votes: 141 11.9%

• Total voters

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I've gotta say, I'm very interested in giving this ago, but that impending Sandbox tag is putting me off. Just how sandboxy is it going to be?

Because in my experience sandbox is usually tedious and annoying in terms of blindly clicking around trying to find content and usually requiring a walkthrough to tell you where to go, essentially making the playthough linear and voiding any usefulness the sandbox format offered. Or the game is linear anyway, but it breaks up the story into little chucks that are constantly interrupted, forcing the player to go from one location after another, in this case your just swapping out potential story content for coding time on sandbox elements and at that point I think it's just a waste of time that could be spent on other areas of the game

I realise this is all personal preference, which is why I'm not going to complain or ask you to reconsider adding it into the game. I'm just going to ask, how sandboxey are you going to make it? I have used the search function, and it seems like you'll be locking content behind timed window (morning, noon, night sort of thing) and that the player will have to go around building up stats. I do like the fact that you're considering making it a player choice between sandbox and VN because I suspect that it'll be the only way for me to enjoy the game.

I would also add a Dev Notes section answering this on the front page so you don't have to keep answering this question.
I am on the same fence, waiting for a defition on the sandbox issue.

I dont want to start the game and the find it becomes too sandboxy. I also dont understand the sandbox element in these games, the gameplay is just tedious as you say, and removes you completely from the immersion of the story, but i guess some people like it.

I will have to keep waiting and watching the game from outside the window

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I've gotta say, I'm very interested in giving this ago, but that impending Sandbox tag is putting me off. Just how sandboxy is it going to be?

Because in my experience sandbox is usually tedious and annoying in terms of blindly clicking around trying to find content and usually requiring a walkthrough to tell you where to go, essentially making the playthough linear and voiding any usefulness the sandbox format offered. Or the game is linear anyway, but it breaks up the story into little chucks that are constantly interrupted, forcing the player to go from one location after another, in this case your just swapping out potential story content for coding time on sandbox elements and at that point I think it's just a waste of time that could be spent on other areas of the game

I realise this is all personal preference, which is why I'm not going to complain or ask you to reconsider adding it into the game. I'm just going to ask, how sandboxey are you going to make it? I have used the search function, and it seems like you'll be locking content behind timed window (morning, noon, night sort of thing) and that the player will have to go around building up stats. I do like the fact that you're considering making it a player choice between sandbox and VN because I suspect that it'll be the only way for me to enjoy the game.

I would also add a Dev Notes section answering this on the front page so you don't have to keep answering this question.

I dont want to start the game and the find it becomes too sandboxy. I also dont understand the sandbox element in these games, the gameplay is just tedious as you say, and removes you completely from the immersion of the story, but i guess some people like it.

Eh, fuck grinding, there's a battle system I'm adding but allowing the player to skip this with a skip button. There's a time skip, and yeah it has that indeed
anyway, there's gonna be a hint system that will tell u everything so there's no annoying searching involved. I want the sandbox mainly to get some use of the ranking system, and not the just oh this choice will get u this ranking...

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Eh, fuck grinding, there's a battle system I'm adding but allowing the player to skip this with a skip button. There's a time skip, and yeah it has that indeed
anyway, there's gonna be a hint system that will tell u everything so there's no annoying searching involved. I want the sandbox mainly to get some use of the ranking system, and not the just oh this choice will get u this ranking...
Ok, i guess i can play with that, doesnt sound too annoying

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Ok, i guess i can play with that, doesnt sound too annoying
Well, look at it this way... I wanna avoid the ranking system being just oke this choice gives u this rank, that decreases ur rank. I wanna give the player more freedom in this by adding guild quests... that give the player to option to level a party and defeat mobs, which will lead to more monster girls from those zones... forest = dryads... just an example. Regardless I won't force anyone to actually do them this is also why I'm working together with adam for his cheat mod, so the skipping, etc is possible and u can if ur, not into the fighting u don't have to and u won't miss out on content... I will release some screenshots of this later on my patron and most likely my discord as well. Personal ranking btw, the main story will be choices, same with weekend events. (hometown events) Like the nightclub or back home etc

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018

It's just personal preference really.

I'm lazy when it comes to games like these, because all I'm interested in is the story and the sex. Give me choices about, love interests and fetishes and I'm happy with it. Anything else on top of that and it just feels like I'm putting up with the game in order to get to the story and subsequent sex scenes, rather than just enjoying the ride. That can be anything from 'single choice dialogue boxes' (what is the point?), maps and navigation menu's, stat building, combat systems, mini games and point and click elements.

Weirdly. If I was playing a non-sex game, I would probably appreciate a lot of these elements, but because I'm only here for the story and the sex, they become obstacles. It all just gets in the way of the thing I'm there for and what were intended as fun interactive game elements end up being a source for irritation and a reason for me to drop the game.

That being said, I can see the other side of the argument, even if I can't appreciate it. A basic VN that only gives you a choice on LI and fetish, might seem boring to a lot of people. Even the Dev might find themselves getting bored if they are wanting more of a technical challenge.

Reactions: juan palote

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Shenhan

The dev's other game is a RPGM, which in a similar vein for me, is usually a negative since they're usually not done particularly well, or they put the game in development hell. I spent some time on it anyway though, and the systems seemed well done. I didn't get too far with it, but I never had to grind; the quests didn't leave much or any ambiguity about what to do / where to go; etc. Basically most of my usual dislikes for those times of games were absent. Actually, it was probably one of the easiest and most straightforward rpg style ones I've tried.

Anyway, just figured I'd chime in, since I usually have similar feelings about these style of games.

Edit: That being said, it's not like I inherently dislike open world or rpg style games for this genre. I just usually find them poorly done. If you just don't like them period, then I guess that's a separate matter.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Chaosborn

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Gave this a spin, mainly because I saw all of the mongirls, and to me, more mongirls = massive win, and I must say, I came for the mongirls, and got really well sucked into the story! I haven't played your other game yet, but that's just because I haven't, no other reason. I'm not finicky about rpgm, or sandbox, regular visual novel or kinetic novels, as long as there is a decent story, plot progression, well crafted characters (either side, good and evil), I just tend to avoid things that don't float my boat, and enjoy what I enjoy, and this was HIGHLY enjoyable! Looking forward to more! Will have to see about joining the Patreon sometime in the near future....

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
alright the question doesn´t matter anymore i saw you don´t have an influence with whom you want to sleep with already deletet it after i was sure you have to do something with tisha after i saw mirai as astral same with sayu und the other one where you can´t choose if you want it or not
so you cant choose who to pursue or avoid?... that sucks.

Reactions: LordSinner

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe later when the sandbox is in...the current girls however are the "forced" for the story, the club staff (with one exception) because your girlfriend runs it and learns to share you with girls she cares about and the maids in your former home, the old maid as parting gift before you left and the new one...well, giving her reactions she never was complimented before and instantly fell for you, aside from that we also learn the mom has the hots for you when she asks for details as soon as you have left...
I'm not a fan of any forced stuff/sex/kinks myself, but honestly, aside from the old maid or hilda i would pick them either way...
Until now that "forced" stuff is more like the harem foundation and also shows other possible addons, so its forgiven to not have a chice here in the beginning.
I just hope we will not be forced to the sea-girls from the clip we saw at the end, i absolutely hate fish and anything else living in water except for reptiles...and i hope that spidergirl has the pussy in front, some hairy black blob isnt really sexy and that would be all to see/grab from behind ;)

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Gave this a spin, mainly because I saw all of the mongirls, and to me, more mongirls = massive win, and I must say, I came for the mongirls, and got really well sucked into the story! I haven't played your other game yet, but that's just because I haven't, no other reason. I'm not finicky about rpgm, or sandbox, regular visual novel or kinetic novels, as long as there is a decent story, plot progression, well crafted characters (either side, good and evil), I just tend to avoid things that don't float my boat, and enjoy what I enjoy, and this was HIGHLY enjoyable! Looking forward to more! Will have to see about joining the Patreon sometime in the near future....
I appreciate it mate! I'm glad you're enjoying the girl designs ^^. Eh, the bar customers are girls from my first game actually.
Thank you mate always welcome :D
so you cant choose who to pursue or avoid?... that sucks.
Girls related to hometown etc, no.
Maybe later when the sandbox is in...the current girls however are the "forced" for the story, the club staff (with one exception) because your girlfriend runs it and learns to share you with girls she cares about and the maids in your former home, the old maid as parting gift before you left and the new one...well, giving her reactions she never was complimented before and instantly fell for you, aside from that we also learn the mom has the hots for you when she asks for details as soon as you have left...
I'm not a fan of any forced stuff/sex/kinks myself, but honestly, aside from the old maid or hilda i would pick them either way...
Until now that "forced" stuff is more like the harem foundation and also shows other possible addons, so its forgiven to not have a chice here in the beginning.
I just hope we will not be forced to the sea-girls from the clip we saw at the end, i absolutely hate fish and anything else living in water except for reptiles...and i hope that spidergirl has the pussy in front, some hairy black blob isnt really sexy and that would be all to see/grab from behind ;)
The forced stuff is still mainly choice related, but the stuff related to home and nightclub is always gonna be like it is right now, everything else is gonna be school related and if u don't like a girl simply don't do her content at all^^ While the sea girls/ spider are not for right away, such girls are avoidable don't worry.

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Well, I'm already sharing in a mongirl discord I am in, knowing my friends will enjoy this, especially seeing all the girls showing up for school...Really looking forward to ALL of them! I was really taken with Lala! I though a certain succubus in another game was interesting because of how she was done, but Lala has her topped, with her sheer innocence and cuteness! You kicked it up a notch with her posing some...that was a deadly one-two combo that I can't imagine any Man of Culture surviving! My hat off to you! School is looking to be quite the buffet, and I must admit, I got hungry eyes....lol! Arachne, fish girls, Orcs, Oni, Elves, bun-bun, thinking those might be Gargoyle lasses in front...things are gonna get fun....and no more jerk father!!!

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Well, I'm already sharing in a mongirl discord I am in, knowing my friends will enjoy this, especially seeing all the girls showing up for school...Really looking forward to ALL of them! I was really taken with Lala! I though a certain succubus in another game was interesting because of how she was done, but Lala has her topped, with her sheer innocence and cuteness! You kicked it up a notch with her posing some...that was a deadly one-two combo that I can't imagine any Man of Culture surviving! My hat off to you! School is looking to be quite the buffet, and I must admit, I got hungry eyes....lol! Arachne, fish girls, Orcs, Oni, Elves, bun-bun, thinking those might be Gargoyle lasses in front...things are gonna get fun....and no more jerk father!!!
Feel free to:D I try to please monster harem lords:D Yeah Lala is amazing, her sister is the complete opposite of her so I rly like them they're cute, and I love the whole night club thing tbh it's fun to work with :D, gargoyle who knows... I just wanted to make some unseen monster girls!

• Red Heart

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I decided to risk it and play it, i liked the story, the characters and the flow of the story so far

Didnt expect Destiny so it was a surprise.

Good job so far Chaosborn

• Red Heart

Bomba33

Sep 6, 2020
I was skeptical at first, sanbox games are not my kind of genere. The story is crazy, well done and the characters well defined. This visual novel has potential and will undoubtedly end up in the top positions of my favorite VNs.
Chaosborn don't change nothing, please. It is fine as it is without too many frills and complications, and there is no need to add sandbox elements.
Good work and keep it up, I'm sure your game will rock great.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I'm only about 10 minutes in and I've tried all the text colors. Am I missing an option to toggle a textbox? Mebbe someone else has already mentioned it and I missed what with all the griping about sandbox? I don't mind sandbox to a degree, then again if the developer has a grasp of basic social interactions and the kind of critical think it takes to operate a smart phone it should be fine. I have faith in Chaosborn, considering the success of their previous work.

I want to leave the text in a single color and still be able to read it. White text over white clothes/hair/snow is a good example of my issue. Seems interesting otherwise.

Chaosborn

God of the Chaosborn
Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Naamloos.png
By turning the textbox transparency to the left you'll get that see-through textbox again, yeah maybe I need to add a few more colors, and thank you for the trust mate :D I'm releasing some screenshots in my discord later on about how it looks, gonna look for players input tips etc as well so u can check that out later ^^

Reactions: Greily

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Shenhan

The dev's other game is a RPGM, which in a similar vein for me, is usually a negative since they're usually not done particularly well, or they put the game in development hell. I spent some time on it anyway though, and the systems seemed well done. I didn't get too far with it, but I never had to grind; the quests didn't leave much or any ambiguity about what to do / where to go; etc. Basically most of my usual dislikes for those times of games were absent. Actually, it was probably one of the easiest and most straightforward rpg style ones I've tried.

Anyway, just figured I'd chime in, since I usually have similar feelings about these style of games.

Edit: That being said, it's not like I inherently dislike open world or rpg style games for this genre. I just usually find them poorly done. If you just don't like them period, then I guess that's a separate matter.
Yeah, like I said it's all personal prefereance. I tend to stay away from RPGM games as I just find having to manually travel everywhere tedious (again, because I'm lazy).

Thanks for letting me know though. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this game and wait to see just how sandboxey it'll get

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I'll prolly wait a few updates before I take another look at this one. I will say that the models could do with some tweaks. Izumi has a big head. The warcraft style elves really stand out because of the form factor of their eyes compared to the typical anime style of regular koikatsu models. The MC has a tiny head and long legs. Chibi Destiny is a cool idea but her head is too big, she ends up looking like she takes up pretty much the same space as her normal form.

Over all it's like you have a handful of artists working in their individual style on the project, it works for 2D art like Monmusu Quest but it feels weird in a 3D game. Most likely because you rarely see multiple characters on the screen at the same time in monmusu quest. Mebbe adjust the heads of the characters based on some anatomy charts like they have in drawing how to books, and the eyes too.

And the animations, that scene where you get in a fist fight with the frame by frame playthrough was too much. Especially when you have girls jump into the MCs arm in a black screen transition.

This is all just my opinion. But I feel like it should be what you're focusing on instead of how to tell your story. You haven't even got to any sandbox elements and people are making it a priority. Just look at how people rate games on this site, if you make it look good you'll get approval if you do sandbox or not. People will play the game if it looks good and more will play if the story is good. There will always be people who won't play, and choosing to accommodate the laziest of us because we don't like extra button presses shouldn't be a primary concern. I think you're well on your way, you have a fun cast so far and the start of an interesting story.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes