VN Ren'Py Completed Accidental Assignment [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's already a few months - any news about the (final) update?
nothing on patreon since release of 0.3. time between 0.2 and 0.3 was over 4 months and 3.5 months between dev updates after 0.2 and before 0.3 so no panic yet.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
In God (it is said) and Cainito Studio we trust...
although, for me, the former's got far too much...and any is far too much... treachery, blood, persecution and abuse on its hands (or whatever) to ever be trustworthy.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Sorry for making you wait so long, I haven't been able to do much for the past month due to health issues, but so far we have completed 3 acts of the final update, I hope to be able to finish the rest this month (if I get the remaining script from the writer soon :LOL:, he seems busy with his new game as he planned to release the first update this month.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the creators of AA, here to say that the final update's development is still happening (at an extremely slow pace).

As always, the patreon billing remains paused.

Due to our day jobs and commitment to other projects, we're able to work on it only in very small increments, and by taking long breaks in between.

Still, for anyone who is still interested in seeing this game wrap up (at least in some mediocre form), we just wanted to assure you that the development has not been halted.

Here's another sample preview from what's roughly the half way point of this update. We hope you like it. Take care & stay safe :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is arisushi, here with an important announcement.

After 4 months of on-and-off development, we finally managed to complete AA's final update and the game is ready for release.

But before we officially release the game, we would like to inform about a few things, so that the players know what to expect from this final update.

1. The ending is not going to be great or perfect in anyway. It will have all the weaknesses of a game that was cut short, before it could properly grow into its own thing.

The only goal of this update is to give some semblance of closure to anyone who has played the game till now.

But we have tried our best to make things feel as "natural" as possible within the confines of what we could work with.

2. This final update will NOT have any sex scenes in it.

(There is a "fanservice like" event in it, but that's about the extent of it.)

So, Jessica will be the only character players will be able to have sex with in AA.

We fully understand this is a pretty big let down, but please know that we've been working on this final update for the past 4 months (without any revenue).

And we have simply reached the limits of how much time and effort we could give to this game. So, after a certain point, we simply had to make a decision to let things go.

Sure, it would have been easy to just "throw away the story" and add a sex scene for each character, but that is not the type of game we want AA to be.

Still, we're really sorry we couldn't wrap things up with more of a bang (no pun intended). And we totally understand if that's reason enough for players to not play this final update.

But, as developers who worked really hard to end things properly, we would like to thank everyone who is going to check out the final update regardless of its shortcomings.

Even if it's not going to be a great ending in anyway, we sincerely hope it manages to give at least a sense of closure to those who were looking for it.

With Regards,
JPace & Arisushi.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ok ... but .. if there is no action with anyone b ut the ex, where was this all going?
The whole premise was:” Come find out what shenanigans wait for you ”
MC infiltrates and finds them girls half naked waiting to be pleasured and throbbed.
This kind a secret agent setup is the perfect bond shtick.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1669919349949.png

Just started and already gotta get me one of those
opacity slider/transparent textbox mods to see what is going on.
Is that character reaching into a pocket dimension/tinsy black hole/dark goo?

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
Completed???
But this game barely started

Its been less than a year and only how many updates its gotten? :WaitWhat:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
4 months for this end was the time that killed the team.
They weighed in making end scenes with action for each and every girl.
They decided to scrap that deal and come up with this: no action + some kind a tie finnish.

Last edited:

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
Not sure If I'm glad or not to feel vindicated about this dropping this after the 2nd update

Its like I've got a 6th sense for knowing when a VN is gonna turn out shit or get canned soon

This had abandon-ware written all over it.

At least the dev threw together an abrupt ending LMAO :LUL:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
But, as developers who worked really hard to end things properly, we would like to thank everyone who is going to check out the final update regardless of its shortcomings.
1. The ending is not going to be great or perfect in anyway. It will have all the weaknesses of a game that was cut short, before it could properly grow into its own thing.
Those 2 can't go together, but at least you tried to give closure, that's more than other devs do so thanks for that.
As for the reason, care to explain?
Are you guys retiring, does it means you won't be making any more games?
I guess that is what it means since you are finishing the game short, kind of a shame to see a good game go this way but honesty is always something I respect so kudos to you guys for letting us know, and best of luck in whatever you do next. (y)

Reactions: botc76

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Not sure If I'm glad or not to feel vindicated about this dropping this after the 2nd update

Its like I've got a 6th sense for knowing when a VN is gonna turn out shit or get canned soon

This had abandon-ware written all over it.

At least the dev threw together an abrupt ending LMAO :LUL:
What are you talking about?! I enjoyed it. If you check the other VN from this dev you'll see that it was also a short story... Could ti be a little longer? Sure. Personally, I'm tired of long VNs that take years. Most are nothing but grifts.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
ahah let me guess here, you all wanted an harem...
And what does the harem have to do with it? Did we at least see something similar to the ending with Jessica? Like an ending with sex, or pregnancy, or a wedding, or just they lived happily ever after? NO. For such cases you need to come up with a new status for the game - "The dev just don't give a fuck"

3.80 star(s) 17 Votes