HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
What kind of answer was that? I said "lead me like a child" not "be completely cryptic"...
I was 'cryptic' because I didn't even have accidental mind downloaded, let alone a save in a spot where I could quickly pop in and give precise instructions. You also didn't actually give any indication of what part you were having trouble with, and I was too lazy to try to explain every single section of Kiara's maze from memory. The body descriptions I mentioned were directed at a different post that was more less saying that several of the characters were uh.. big ol' chonkers?

Goodgroudon

Jan 27, 2020
Myscra, would you ever consider making a discord for the game? I know you said that you didn't want to do a patreon yet as you haven't been able to work on the game regularly, but a discord could be nice for bug reports and feedback about the game.

Goodgroudon

Jan 27, 2020
Also despite it listing in the update logs that Kiara can go to level 5 Cerebralite says the end of her content is at level 4 and I can't get past the platinum door; am I missing something?

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Can we get a walkthrough? I've gone into every room in the maze and clicked on all the text but nothing happens... I've been through the maze ten times and there is zero progression. About to just give up on this game entirely. Giving me a description of her body doesn't tell me anything btw... and the in game walkthrough leads me into a dead end.

update: I figured it out... There is a specific room called "the bronze door" how was I supposed to know you meant that room and not the room you start in with a bronze door in it??? Maybe make the doors two different colors so it isn't so confusing...
maybe call it the retarded door in honor of me.
Ah man, that one's on me. There's suppose to be a copper and a bronze door. One of the doors was mislabeled in the description text. Sorry about that.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Myscra, would you ever consider making a discord for the game? I know you said that you didn't want to do a patreon yet as you haven't been able to work on the game regularly, but a discord could be nice for bug reports and feedback about the game.
It's not a bad idea. As you said, could be good for feedback. That and keeping people with more regular updates as to what's going on.

Also despite it listing in the update logs that Kiara can go to level 5 Cerebralite says the end of her content is at level 4 and I can't get past the platinum door; am I missing something?
Ah Crap, I forgot to update the walkthrough. Here's what to do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Goodgroudon

Goodgroudon

Jan 27, 2020
Ah Crap, I forgot to update the walkthrough. Here's what to do:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have M.S. Chemistry knowledge and there's nothing about aqua regina; there's only one button to mix something and it just makes an explosion that kicks me out of the dream but otherwise doesn't do anything, so I'm still stuck. Kiara is at 50 trust and curiosity.

Additionally, I did notice another bug, although just a visual one. Whenever Blair is in my room at night the text around her name is messed up (see attached image).
Capture.PNG

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I have M.S. Chemistry knowledge and there's nothing about aqua regina; there's only one button to mix something and it just makes an explosion that kicks me out of the dream but otherwise doesn't do anything, so I'm still stuck. Kiara is at 50 trust and curiosity.

Additionally, I did notice another bug, although just a visual one. Whenever Blair is in my room at night the text around her name is messed up (see attached image).
View attachment 1203229
Ah, I think I know whats wrong. I'm going to post a bugfix and hopefully that will fix things (one point the chem knowledge was MS.Chem and the other MS. Chem, and it messes with the if statements). If that does not work and you are comfortable with the console commands, setting the variable kiara.dreamAlch to 1 will give you the acid.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
What differences does the second fork in Kiara's storyline make? I've been playing around with the scene viewer in debug just to get an understanding of what I'm missing, and I honestly can't find the changes.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Found another bug in 161.

Tiny typo mistake.

View attachment 1203477

EDIT: uploaded fix.
Crap.

Fix one problem when your half-asleep and cause another. Thanks for the heads up and the fix.

Do you plan to add images in the future?
It's on a wish list to be honest. I've wanted to commission work for a while now but due to an uncertain ability to stick to a regular schedule I'm a bit gun shy to start a patreon for the necessary funds. So far, any artist I have spoken too has selfishly wanted money for their work (Sarcasm, arts hard and people should be fairly compensated for their work). It's also a bit of a sellers market for art. There are a lot of people like me who want to make games and fewer people who can lend their artistic talents.

I am looking into things however and may just bite the bullet and go for patreon once Kiara's route is through.

What differences does the second fork in Kiara's storyline make? I've been playing around with the scene viewer in debug just to get an understanding of what I'm missing, and I honestly can't find the changes.
The second split is a lot more subtle then the first. It has some description changes (her dreamself and final room have 4 variants). The text in many of the scenes is different to reflect different outlooks. I originally wanted them to be as different as the first split then realized that that would be incredibly masochistic and toned it down a bit. There will be more differentiation in the next update. It's a narrower focus so I can spend time doing so. Each of the four variants will get their own activity as well as a passive ability. Going forward, since I wont be writing two full characters at a time per update (Sidekick and Partner Kiara), I will go back and revise things to seperate them a bit.

Reactions: moodle

number361

Dec 2, 2018
Crap.

Fix one problem when your half-asleep and cause another. Thanks for the heads up and the fix.
No problem mate. My ask if you would support modding of the game? For example I would add my own character (that would not touch the main story or interact with the others) and some stuff. (like more nude selfies from Kiara to you as she progresses)

Jul 10, 2020
Is it possible to dreamwalk Kiara? the hint says to go in the shape of an infinity symbol starting from the west, but when you go west the only options are wake up, or go back to the main hall? I've done this at least 10 times after i've unflooded everything and opened the golden door and nothing happens.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
*squints...* That is real terrible color to choose lol
Thanks!
It used to be exactly the same as the surrounding text. Another player got fed up with it, changed it, and I just kind of ran with it.

No problem mate. My ask if you would support modding of the game? For example I would add my own character (that would not touch the main story or interact with the others) and some stuff. (like more nude selfies from Kiara to you as she progresses)
Assuming it mostly keeps the same tone as what I have established so far (The MC not being a rape-happy monster for example), I'm cool with it. You can message me if you want and I can give you a rough idea of what I am aiming for with the other targets so you don't double up with what I have planned.

Is it possible to dreamwalk Kiara? the hint says to go in the shape of an infinity symbol starting from the west, but when you go west the only options are wake up, or go back to the main hall? I've done this at least 10 times after i've unflooded everything and opened the golden door and nothing happens.
You have to start the infinity symbol at the copper door room, a message will appear saying that you hear a hissing sound as long as you are going the right way.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Hi all. First of all, Myscra, congrats on a great game. Well written, in regards to plot, humour and erotic content. Puzzles are good too.

I'm not that familiar with Twine games. When using the "Save to Disk"/"Load from Disk" function, should I be expecting all the save slots to be saved and all the save slots to be replaced? It looks like maybe just the most recent save is actually saved to disk, and when you load from disk the game is updated, but you must then immediately save in one of the slots if you want to preserve it, is this correct?

Finally, a couple of typos I picked up (though this was in 1.6, not 1.62, so you may have already corrected them):

• Obfuscation lesson: "imrpove" instead of "improve"
  • Lesson 6: "unitl" instead of "until"

Cheers!

Goodgroudon

Jan 27, 2020
Looks like the previous bugs I noticed have been fixed, but I found a new one. I get a text from Blaire telling me to call her back and there's a button to do so, but when I click on it it just goes to a blank screen. Blaire is at level 5 and on the romance option.

Reactions: PyoT
4.60 star(s) 42 Votes