HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
It disappeared for long enough that I wandered around, worried that it was missing, then eventually decided to try going to sleep for the night to see if it would come back in the morning, but of course just returning to my room to go to sleep restored things.

It's not a big problem, so long as you're aware of the "fix"! Maybe rather than just disappearing it could be replaced with a placeholder like "Temporarily disabled. Reboot your phone in your bedroom!"

Sorry, my proof reading mark-ups is what is at fault here. The word "muffled" is actually totally missing in your text. I added it with the question mark as a suggestion. I should have made that clear.

I'm not overly concerned by the typos, and you shouldn't be either. Think of it this way: the rest of the game is so polished and your fans (us) like the game so much that we are actually carefully reading it all and paying proper attention! These reports are all compliments really!

Cheers
That's actually a really good point and a good way of looking at typos. Thanks for that!

The main thing for the breaking and entering skill is probably the plot you see while learning it for the time being. You can also access some locked houses. It is possible it is used in activities with Kiara and your super training, and if it isn't yet I am sure it will be in the future. Most of the buildings seem to be placeholder locations.
That's about right, B&E will come into play for many of the future women (Prism, Liane, Nayika, Photona) will all have something with it to make things easier or open new scenes.

Hit a problem in the club once I'm at the stage of Kiara and Blair being pretty tight. Options for dancing came up as:

View attachment 1216998
Hard to read the black on red, but the two errors read "Error: cannot find a closing tag for HTML <span><span style="border: 1px solid grey;padding:9px;border-radius: 5px;">…"
Thanks for the heads up, its been fixed.

I really like the game, it has a 'Worm' vibe. Is there a patreon for the dev?
Now that isn't a title I expected to hear on this forum. Always surprises me just how popular it is.
I'm surprised as well. It always seems to pop up somewhere. I'll take it as a compliment, Worm is awesome. I will most likely set up a patreon when I start 2.0 and start looking for an artist.

For a Progress update
Almost all of the next update is written already. I have all updated Blaire&Kiara stuff written including new scenes based on Blaire's endstate. I have a new scene for Kiara to set up her passive abilities and am currently working on her end state specific scenes. I've also started outlining Prism's route, since she is currently ahead on the poll

After that its some bug squashing, proofreading, and then I'd like to get some rewrites in on a few scenes.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
I'm surprised as well. It always seems to pop up somewhere. I'll take it as a compliment, Worm is awesome. I will most likely set up a patreon when I start 2.0 and start looking for an artist.
What is this "Worm" game of which you all speak?

For a Progress update
Almost all of the next update is written already. I have all updated Blaire&Kiara stuff written including new scenes based on Blaire's endstate. I have a new scene for Kiara to set up her passive abilities and am currently working on her end state specific scenes. I've also started outlining Prism's route, since she is currently ahead on the poll

After that its some bug squashing, proofreading, and then I'd like to get some rewrites in on a few scenes.
Excellent stuff. If you want help proofreading before the general release drop us a line.

andy60

Jan 14, 2017
What is this "Worm" game of which you all speak?
Worm is a web serial novel by John McCrae, a.k.a. wildbow. It's about a pretty grim superhero world.
A decent read with good and bad points. Has both a vocal fandom and hatedom in various corners of the internet.

Reactions: thug73

Secondarian

Jan 24, 2018
Send me a message if you like. I do background illustrations and UI graphics.

kzaazul

Aug 4, 2020
Wow, I downloaded this game without much expectations, but I'm really loving it! It's really well written, the characters are convincing and endearing so far, and I love that, despite using psych powers, so far the MC has not become a manipulative douchebag.

Reactions: Kaftein

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Like a lot of people I'm positively surprised by this game. The gameplay loop is fun, and the writing pretty good and enganging; with largely likable characters and, well, got eroticism. Plus, there's enough there to get into it without feeling like everything's unfinished everywhere.

I recently had a little bit of time and actually played through the game a 2nd time. Based on that some feedback:
My first playthrough got considerably bogged down by the fact that I didn't find the extra jobs for ages. That meant I lost a lot of time as soon as I was in the phase where I'd have to go outside the starting neighborhood a lot, and, whoa, money spending needed to be considered carefully). Second playthrough of course I knew about the library and cafe jobs and just "grinded Internet" a bit to get them right away.

Felt a bit like a "security through obscurity" thing; once you know, it's too easy, but if you don't, it's too frustrating. I'd alleviate this perhaps by allowing these jobs to also be discovered simply by going to the respective locations (surely there'd be a "looking for part-timers" sign there ;) ).

I felt that's also true for some of the other (somewhat?) optional content. I basically thought I was done with the available content when I randomly ran into Prism. The problem here is I think that so far the world is fairly empty. You aren't likely to explore locations again and again as you know where the heroines are and there's (for the most part) no reason to go elsewhere. So when the game demands that you need random luck in some random location, it's unlikely for you to be there, unless you know you got to be there.
I guess that's something that'll get less as there's more content, but maybe adjustments could be made to that anyway.

The other thing that I found a bit notable in the 2nd playthrough was, since I more or less knew what I was doing, I rushed through the Blaire content pretty quickly and easily. That meant her story was way further ahead than Kiara's. Now I admit I didn't pay attention to all permutations but I felt that occasionally that caused some narrative inconsistencies. Maybe ^^; I could imagine either way slowing Blaire's progress down a bit, even if it's just some skill checks of sorts (not that I'm advocating some endless grind ;) ).

Talking about Blaire, I felt her route struggles a bit from the fact that so much you're kinda just looking at her, or saying 'hello' and not much else. As a character she stays pretty bland. Way different from Kiara, who is excellent fun.

Anyway; just some things I wanted to stay. Great work, keep it up ;)

Reactions: Kaftein

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Wow, I downloaded this game without much expectations, but I'm really loving it! It's really well written, the characters are convincing and endearing so far, and I love that, despite using psych powers, so far the MC has not become a manipulative douchebag.
Thanks! Ive always felt that there is a lack of non-douchebag PC (that aren't the ones getting taken advantage of)

Like a lot of people I'm positively surprised by this game. The gameplay loop is fun, and the writing pretty good and enganging; with largely likable characters and, well, got eroticism. Plus, there's enough there to get into it without feeling like everything's unfinished everywhere.

I recently had a little bit of time and actually played through the game a 2nd time. Based on that some feedback:
My first playthrough got considerably bogged down by the fact that I didn't find the extra jobs for ages. That meant I lost a lot of time as soon as I was in the phase where I'd have to go outside the starting neighborhood a lot, and, whoa, money spending needed to be considered carefully). Second playthrough of course I knew about the library and cafe jobs and just "grinded Internet" a bit to get them right away.

Felt a bit like a "security through obscurity" thing; once you know, it's too easy, but if you don't, it's too frustrating. I'd alleviate this perhaps by allowing these jobs to also be discovered simply by going to the respective locations (surely there'd be a "looking for part-timers" sign there ;) ).

I felt that's also true for some of the other (somewhat?) optional content. I basically thought I was done with the available content when I randomly ran into Prism. The problem here is I think that so far the world is fairly empty. You aren't likely to explore locations again and again as you know where the heroines are and there's (for the most part) no reason to go elsewhere. So when the game demands that you need random luck in some random location, it's unlikely for you to be there, unless you know you got to be there.
I guess that's something that'll get less as there's more content, but maybe adjustments could be made to that anyway.

The other thing that I found a bit notable in the 2nd playthrough was, since I more or less knew what I was doing, I rushed through the Blaire content pretty quickly and easily. That meant her story was way further ahead than Kiara's. Now I admit I didn't pay attention to all permutations but I felt that occasionally that caused some narrative inconsistencies. Maybe ^^; I could imagine either way slowing Blaire's progress down a bit, even if it's just some skill checks of sorts (not that I'm advocating some endless grind ;) ).

Talking about Blaire, I felt her route struggles a bit from the fact that so much you're kinda just looking at her, or saying 'hello' and not much else. As a character she stays pretty bland. Way different from Kiara, who is excellent fun.

Anyway; just some things I wanted to stay. Great work, keep it up ;)
Thanks for the comments! I agree with the job things being a bit obscure.

Money will become more important in later versions (starting a Super career is expensive). I like your Help Wanted idea as an alternate to finding them on the internet and will add that in with the next version.

I agree that the world's a bit empty. It will be getting filled in as I add more people but I have been wanting to fill in the world a bit with some random encounters of various NPCs. The problem has been (other than laziness) doing the random events would take away from working on the main characters. It looks like Prism will be the next one up and she will be less work than Kiara so I may be able to fit some things in here or there.

Blaire was a proof of concept (for lack of a better word) and so she was somewhat disjointed from the others. I do plan on going back at one point to redo and mesh her better, get rid of the narrative inconsistencies.

Pacing is always a bit of a problem for me since I know where everything is and haul ass through it.

I appreciate the critique.

~~~~Update for Everyone~~~~
Everything is written and proofread, just have to run through and make sure my code is as error free as I can. Next version should be out in a few days.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
The most well known alternative to patreon for funding games with content patreon has decided isn't acceptable is probably subscribestar. Your ideas for filling out empty areas of the game sound as good as anything could probably come up with. If you do add sidequests and the like I would suggest you include a system to help the player hunt down those scenes/check how many they have yet to find.

adidir

Jan 28, 2020
I think there a bug in 1.7 version. Couldn't enter Kiara's bedroom at saturday early morning, after her message about second meeting.
Tried with same save in 1.6 version and everything work

Saligia

May 12, 2017
I just can't get Kiara to level 5. I got to the point where she wants to meet me Saturday morning for a meeting, and when I try to go there I get kicked back to their living room.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

fresh_L

Jan 5, 2018
I just can't get Kiara to level 5. I got to the point where she wants to meet me Saturday morning for a meeting, and when I try to go there I get kicked back to their living room.

Got the same Problem with 1.7, seems like a bug.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Yeah. WalshKiaraRoom passage has a new line of code
<<if $time is 1 and $day gte 6>><<goto "WalshLiving">><</if>>
that triggers when trying to get this event. gte is greater or equal, right? So this happens on Saturday ... removing it worked for me. dunno what's it otherwise there for.

e: the "task" for Kiara where she tries out her hypno thing on Blaire might also be bugged. I'm on ETC - 19 days or something, which probably shouldn't happen ^^;

Last edited:

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Hello! I love this game, tho I ran into a bug I think?

1624581225742.png

This probably shouldn't be here, right? :p

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Game is exelent as now, and 2.0 is promising new mechanicks and events, so cant wait for thst version.
Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to do it.

The most well known alternative to patreon for funding games with content patreon has decided isn't acceptable is probably subscribestar. Your ideas for filling out empty areas of the game sound as good as anything could probably come up with. If you do add sidequests and the like I would suggest you include a system to help the player hunt down those scenes/check how many they have yet to find.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check that one out. I actually want to go back and have a check list for all the scenes, I thought of it too late so it's a bit daunting to go back and do it. I will add it in for what I can going forward (including sidequests) and work my way backwards from there.

I think there a bug in 1.7 version. Couldn't enter Kiara's bedroom at saturday early morning, after her message about second meeting.
Ah!

Ahhh!

AHHHHHHHH!

that triggers when trying to get this event. gte is greater or equal, right? So this happens on Saturday ... removing it worked for me. dunno what's it otherwise there for.

e: the "task" for Kiara where she tries out her hypno thing on Blaire might also be bugged. I'm on ETC - 19 days or something, which probably shouldn't happen ^^;
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
(I know whats going wrong and will have a fixed version tonight)

View attachment 1263801

Crap, this was literally the last thing I put in before I finished and I didn't check it properly. Ill have a fix soon.

Thanks everyone for the bug reports!

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017

These Should be fixed. I honestly cannot remember why I had that line in there. It dosent make sense so it has been removed.
Also for the Kiara task with Blaire, I had it set to trigger if time equaled 0 but if something happened and you went below that it would not trigger. It should be fixed now.

I also got rid of the randomness for phone calls, they should just trigger now as they come.

View attachment 1263801

Ugh, so it would help if I had the right variables listed in my variable updater. Hopefully it should work now. If not let me know and I will find a workaround.

Reactions: bwa and thug73

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Ugh, so it would help if I had the right variables listed in my variable updater. Hopefully it should work now. If not let me know and I will find a workaround.
I just tried this on the 1.7a hotfix, and I still have the same thing. here's the first of the error messages, expanded:

Code:
<<if $player.cash gte 750 and $superStuff.Rig.proc is 0>>\
<<button "Buy [$750]">><<set $superStuff.MTimeM to 1>><<set $player.cash -=750>><<set $superStuff.Rig.proc to 1>><<script>>state.display(state.active.title, null, "back")<</script>><</button>> [Reduce time by 1 day]
<<elseif $superStuff.Rig.proc gte 1>> Purchased
<<elseif $player.cash lt 750 and $superStuff.Rig.proc is 0>> \
<<button "Buy [$750]">><<replace "#dialogue-bar">>Not enough money to by Processors<</replace>><</button>>
<</if>>
Hope it helps. If not, would it be helpful if I post a copy of my save?

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I just tried this on the 1.7a hotfix, and I still have the same thing. here's the first of the error messages, expanded:

Code:
<<if $player.cash gte 750 and $superStuff.Rig.proc is 0>>\
<<button "Buy [$750]">><<set $superStuff.MTimeM to 1>><<set $player.cash -=750>><<set $superStuff.Rig.proc to 1>><<script>>state.display(state.active.title, null, "back")<</script>><</button>> [Reduce time by 1 day]
<<elseif $superStuff.Rig.proc gte 1>> Purchased
<<elseif $player.cash lt 750 and $superStuff.Rig.proc is 0>> \
<<button "Buy [$750]">><<replace "#dialogue-bar">>Not enough money to by Processors<</replace>><</button>>
<</if>>
Hope it helps. If not, would it be helpful if I post a copy of my save?

I think I know what the problem is and it's something that should be working correctly. Do you know how to use console commands for HTML games? If so, try putting this in before going to that screen SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig = {}, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.proc = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.wc = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.ram = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.vpn = 0 .

I think the problem is that I changed the code to fit some of the stuff I added and the new variables are not initializing in older saves.

I uploaded another fix that may solve this problem if that's easier for you

Last edited:

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
Yep I'm comfortable with console commands. I'll try the new version first, but if it doesnt work i'll do it this way. Thanks!

bwa

Jun 13, 2018
I think I know what the problem is and it's something that should be working correctly. Do you know how to use console commands for HTML games? If so, try putting this in before going to that screen SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig = {}, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.proc = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.wc = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.ram = 0, SugarCube.State.variables.superStuff.Rig.vpn = 0 .

I think the problem is that I changed the code to fit some of the stuff I added and the new variables are not initializing in older saves.

I uploaded another fix that may solve this problem if that's easier for you
Ok awesome so now the new version definitely works, though it does seem to reset any previously purchased upgrades. Thanks for the quick fix! :D

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes