HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

dmdr

Jan 16, 2018
I've been playing this all afternoon, and it's a ton of fun but I can't figure out how to advance Blaire to level 2. The dev hint is no help. It says to find the trophies in the storage room and move them to the main hall... but how? I'm assuming this is referring to her dream of the school, but I can't find any trophies anywhere. I've looked in the storage room on the second floor, the janitor's closet on the first floor, and the field house. I feel like I've unlocked everywhere in her dream but I can't find these trophies anywhere lol. Help?

Edit: and yes, I have both stats above 20.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I've been playing this all afternoon, and it's a ton of fun but I can't figure out how to advance Blaire to level 2. The dev hint is no help. It says to find the trophies in the storage room and move them to the main hall... but how? I'm assuming this is referring to her dream of the school, but I can't find any trophies anywhere. I've looked in the storage room on the second floor, the janitor's closet on the first floor, and the field house. I feel like I've unlocked everywhere in her dream but I can't find these trophies anywhere lol. Help?

Edit: and yes, I have both stats above 20.
So the trophies should be in the storeroom in the shop class (on the first floor) on the second shelving unit bottom shelf. If that does not work let me know.

Reactions: dmdr

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Poked my head in and bopped around with the 1.7 content. Very awesome and hot stuff.

A note: cheat mode doesn't let you toggle Kiara to level 5 and the scene gallery doesn't have the new stuff. Probably you know this. I've been using the cheatmode scene gallery as a bit of a check list in lieu of an actual one; tbh, I think a checklist would be better, because if I know a scene exists I can go hunt for it in the HTML file if I really want to read it and don't want to mess with variables etc. So count this as a vote for that in this game's development cycle going forward.

Will also add my voice to the "you should get a subscribestar" chorus.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Poked my head in and bopped around with the 1.7 content. Very awesome and hot stuff.

A note: cheat mode doesn't let you toggle Kiara to level 5 and the scene gallery doesn't have the new stuff. Probably you know this. I've been using the cheatmode scene gallery as a bit of a check list in lieu of an actual one; tbh, I think a checklist would be better, because if I know a scene exists I can go hunt for it in the HTML file if I really want to read it and don't want to mess with variables etc. So count this as a vote for that in this game's development cycle going forward.

Will also add my voice to the "you should get a subscribestar" chorus.
Thanks! I changed how I go about playtesting things and no longer used the scene gallery so I didint update it (playing things in context found more bugs). I will add in the full Kiara level 5 updater in the next build (or sooner depending on what I feel like doing). There will be a lot of new variables and some changes when Prism gets implemented so making new save files would probably be best and having the Kiara and Blaire skip will save people time.

I also like the checklist idea and will be incorporating that into an upcoming build. The eventual idea is to make the theater of the mind construct a full checklist of every sex scene at each level that can keep track and replay each. It's just a lot of work to go back and do the older stuff so I have yet to really get past the proof of concept.

Reactions: moodle

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
Just so I'm clear on this, is tailing/finding out about prism thing the final progression in this version? Or do I have to progress further with Kiara for that? Because prism stops visiting after you tail her successfully and I'm not sure if that's just the end or a bug. The hint section is empty too.

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
I've found an issue in the 1.7b hotfix version. When you wake up in the morning after the second "teaching lession" with Sam you get the text from Kiara about her having successfully sent Blaire a hypnosis video, without having ever talked to Kiara about hypnosis or even your newfound powers.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Some random proofreading suggestions:
there's quite a few ’ instead of the more numerous ' ("Blaire’s" instead of "Blaire's") and StoryInit apparently has one case of ” and ” instead of " somewhere. You should be able to just "replace all" those, I'd assume.
The other thing I've noticed is a lack of punctuation marks at the end of quotations, ie:
Code:
@@.player;<b>You:</b> "I have no idea. It all just kind of … clicked and suddenly it all made sense" @@

@@.kiara;<b>Kiara:</b> "Dude, maybe your brain damage turned you into a savant. Quick what’s 1248 times 6485" @@
or
Code:
@@.player;<b>You:</b> "Ugh, I feel like shit. What happened? All I remember is a bright light, screaming, and pain"@@
etc. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a clever way to search for those, but maybe just something to generally keep an eye on going forward.

Now some equally random 2.0/future content musing, since you mention that:
First of all - you know that of course but I'm saying it anyway - with projects like this it's important to keep motivation up so do what you enjoy and don't get too bogged down in filling out every little detail or trying to fulfill every suggestion. And of course that also goes for super-complex mechanics or endless variations for some side-content.

In that regard what I generally feel is satisfying for the player but also not too complex in doing is the principle of buying items/sex toys/clothes/dates/gifts/ ... and that unlocking scenes, right? There's a bit of that in the game already (with Kiara's swimwear) and there seems to be some content with the sex shop.
But if there'd be more of that it'd also need to be interesting to make money. There's the superherovillain stuff, but it's of course also a big trope that superheroes have their mundane cover jobs - and the library and cafe thing is already in the game. So I'd maybe consider making it a bit of a simplistic career thing, where you go from library gopher to assistant to librarian to assistant head librarian or whatever; and since mechanics should interconnect that'd dependent on your stealth skill (clearly a librarian needs to be quiet). Similar for the cafe with the telepathy skill (helps you figure out what customers want). So you'd do these jobs, occasionally get a random scene as implemented now, if your skill (and maybe some simple job exp: do it at least x times) then you got a promotion scene with a side character for the job/location and your pay increases. Makes things less grindy with money in the longer run, gives more incentive to level stealth/telepathy, and gives a place to throw in some scenes/characters. And could be expanded however much you want or as is needed.

Reactions: bwa and moodle
Aug 31, 2018
Myscra

Hey Fam,
I have noticed the phrase of "power corrupting...". If you would allow me, I would argue against that misunderstanding.

Power has never and will never corrupt. Power = Thy Will Be Done. True Power = Omnipotence. Omnipotence = Self Expression. (Lost/broken/evil brothers and sisters) use power as scapegoat for said (lost/broken/evil brothers and sisters) being (lost/broken/evil brothers and sisters). Liberty to exercise OnesSelf's power is liberating as should be, and what ever is within along with the choices and decisions we make will come out. If said OnesSelf is genuine said OnesSelf will do as such. If OnesSelf is corrupt said OnesSelf will do as such. Rather than acknowledging the corruption within and the fact of being (lost/broken/evil), said (lost/broken/evil brothers and sisters) instead blame the innocent so as to avoid responsibility and confrontation with OnesSelf being (lost/broken/evil). An example: Rapist tortures and rapes infant child and blames infant child for being an infant child. Rather than the Truth, Rapist is a scum piece of shit raping the vulnerable and defenseless. Tis out of cowardliness, envy, greed, arrogance, extreme insipidness, and lack of integrity, thus lack of principles and in turn lack of virtue pride, that scum piece of shits would ever blame power for said Individual being scum piece of shit.

The Right thing to do is for said (lost/broken/evil brothers and sisters) to MAN/WOMAN Up. My meaning being: To stop being vile and evil and instead choose to confront self ugliness and deal with it via allowing One's Self to process complete TRUTH of everything within in relation to topic, own up to One's Self Sovereignty and Free Will, make amends if needed and which are reasonable and with One's consent, to forgive One's Self, and finally make peace and let go.

We must always remember, Everyone without exception is Self-Sovereign and Free Willed. With Power, Responsibility, for One does not exist without the other, always hand-in-hand, together as One of The True Virtues.

- LUCIFER

I share this with the intent of assisting and/or adding on to the value of your game and your creative process. What I have shared is something so fundamental yet so misunderstood. Again, thanks for your hard work and keep it up, I greatly look forward to your creation in this game. Much love and gratitude.

LUCIFER

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Vague answer: Check out the fountain room more closely
Detailed answer: In the fountain room, click on the word "Basin" in the description, you'll find a plug that can be used to drain the water and reveal the silver door.

No Prob
Yeah the silver door is revealed but how to open it?

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
So in future updates, maybe add a power up so that you can access hints through Sam at any time instead of having to sleep. Pretty sure if you're a psychic, you'll be able to access your mind palace at any time. Sam would eventually recover so it's not so far fetched he would answer when called later on in the story.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I started up a new game and like three days in I got a message from Kiara (the kiaraTestMissionComplete one). It appears that superStuff.currentMission has been incrementing each time I go to sleep, but I have no idea why.

EDIT: I did some bughunting; it transpires that missionTime starts at 0, decrements by 1 each day, and when its below 1 currentMission increments. So I tweaked the html so that missionTime is initialized to 100000 at start of game, so that it can't trigger inadvertently ahead of time, and I think that when I unlock the Kiara missions mechanic and actually do a mission, missionTime will be set to a reasonable value and then things will proceed normally? I'll report back if I inadvertently broke it harder.

Last edited:

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Just so I'm clear on this, is tailing/finding out about prism thing the final progression in this version? Or do I have to progress further with Kiara for that? Because prism stops visiting after you tail her successfully and I'm not sure if that's just the end or a bug. The hint section is empty too.
That is the end of the current content. There will be more in the next update (And I will revamp that section as well)

I've found an issue in the 1.7b hotfix version. When you wake up in the morning after the second "teaching lession" with Sam you get the text from Kiara about her having successfully sent Blaire a hypnosis video, without having ever talked to Kiara about hypnosis or even your newfound powers.
Thanks for the heads up. Stupid coding on my part but it is fixed now.

Some random proofreading suggestions:
there's quite a few ’ instead of the more numerous ' ("Blaire’s" instead of "Blaire's") and StoryInit apparently has one case of ” and ” instead of " somewhere. You should be able to just "replace all" those, I'd assume.
The other thing I've noticed is a lack of punctuation marks at the end of quotations, ie:
Code:
@@.player;<b>You:</b> "I have no idea. It all just kind of … clicked and suddenly it all made sense" @@

@@.kiara;<b>Kiara:</b> "Dude, maybe your brain damage turned you into a savant. Quick what’s 1248 times 6485" @@
or
Code:
@@.player;<b>You:</b> "Ugh, I feel like shit. What happened? All I remember is a bright light, screaming, and pain"@@
etc. Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a clever way to search for those, but maybe just something to generally keep an eye on going forward.

Now some equally random 2.0/future content musing, since you mention that:
First of all - you know that of course but I'm saying it anyway - with projects like this it's important to keep motivation up so do what you enjoy and don't get too bogged down in filling out every little detail or trying to fulfill every suggestion. And of course that also goes for super-complex mechanics or endless variations for some side-content.

In that regard what I generally feel is satisfying for the player but also not too complex in doing is the principle of buying items/sex toys/clothes/dates/gifts/ ... and that unlocking scenes, right? There's a bit of that in the game already (with Kiara's swimwear) and there seems to be some content with the sex shop.
But if there'd be more of that it'd also need to be interesting to make money. There's the superherovillain stuff, but it's of course also a big trope that superheroes have their mundane cover jobs - and the library and cafe thing is already in the game. So I'd maybe consider making it a bit of a simplistic career thing, where you go from library gopher to assistant to librarian to assistant head librarian or whatever; and since mechanics should interconnect that'd dependent on your stealth skill (clearly a librarian needs to be quiet). Similar for the cafe with the telepathy skill (helps you figure out what customers want). So you'd do these jobs, occasionally get a random scene as implemented now, if your skill (and maybe some simple job exp: do it at least x times) then you got a promotion scene with a side character for the job/location and your pay increases. Makes things less grindy with money in the longer run, gives more incentive to level stealth/telepathy, and gives a place to throw in some scenes/characters. And could be expanded however much you want or as is needed.
Thanks for these, I'm impressed you even saw them (I'm a terrible proofreader). I'll go through and find as many as I can. Unfortunately the find replace can be tricky because they are used in some very specific code instances and can mess things up if they are wrong.

I agree about motivation, it is such an important thing for projects. The amount of projects I see on this sight, go "hey this is cool" then stumble on them months later as abandoned is crazy. I generally try to avoid feature creep as much as I can. I remeber one game I was following where the dev just kept adding everything that was suggested and the game was kindof a mess at the end (Cant remember which though). Sometimes though, I get some inspired ideas that I want to throw in. For example, your suggestion for the jobs is awesome and I will defiantly be throwing it in in the future. I already have some ideas about what can go in it to flesh them out, npcs, etc. (so thanks for that). It may make for a good break if I start to get tired of writing Prism.

Yeah the silver door is revealed but how to open it?
You just go north. I have just realized how unclear it is. Ive changed the button so it's a bit more obvious. Sorry about that.

So in future updates, maybe add a power up so that you can access hints through Sam at any time instead of having to sleep. Pretty sure if you're a psychic, you'll be able to access your mind palace at any time. Sam would eventually recover so it's not so far fetched he would answer when called later on in the story.
That's a great idea. I will definitely add that in

I started up a new game and like three days in I got a message from Kiara (the kiaraTestMissionComplete one). It appears that superStuff.currentMission has been incrementing each time I go to sleep, but I have no idea why.

EDIT: I did some bughunting; it transpires that missionTime starts at 0, decrements by 1 each day, and when its below 1 currentMission increments. So I tweaked the html so that missionTime is initialized to 100000 at start of game, so that it can't trigger inadvertently ahead of time, and I think that when I unlock the Kiara missions mechanic and actually do a mission, missionTime will be set to a reasonable value and then things will proceed normally? I'll report back if I inadvertently broke it harder.
This was such a dumb bug that I should have seen earlier. I changed it so the countdown will only work if there is a positive mission time and the trigger will only work if there is an actual mission set. It should be fine now.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
That is the end of the current content. There will be more in the next update (And I will revamp that section as well)
Hey thanks for pointing it out. It was unclear whether it was a bug or if I was just missing an obvious action I was supposed to do.

Your writing is great. Going in, I was worried it would be one of those games that I'd have to start rewriting sentences in my head, but your worldbuilding and general prose feels good to read. Very descriptive. Great work.

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
I knocked myself up a couple of maps that people might find useful. (Haven't checked these against the latest release yet!) Also, beware, spoilers ahead!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haven't added a proper legend/key, sorry. Colours have meanings like "only open at certain hours", "requires solving puzzle to open" and "takes time to travel".

Edit: Ooh, looky here! When I update the Google Drawing even these old links update automatically. How nice. I'll post them again when I've made significant changes though.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwa and Kaftein

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Neat.
... pointless comment, but the "City Center" casually confuses me way too often, as in "oh that's downtown" when it's of course "university" (mainly).

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes