HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
So started a new game and I received a message from Kiara testing a program on Blaire before even progressing Kiara's story at all.
Thanks for the heads up. I fixed an old problem and created a second one. This should be fixed in the next update.

Just realised this is an updated version. Having played 1.6, Would you recommend playing this one, or holding off till 2.0 is out and going from there?
The 1.7 update was pretty much all Kiara and Kiara+Blaire content. I liked the two variants of Kiara's end state scenes I played through and the threesome content I managed to find. It also made it easier to discover a sort of hidden character. There isn't anything other her peeping on you with others yet for content with her, but she seems like she will be interesting once she is more developed. The next planned content will be for Prism, so it might be good for some potential story progress in addition to the usual.
Since 2.0 was brought up I want to give an update. I've redone all the Prism stuff to fill out more and since this is effectively her 0 level entry, story stuff is the main focus (I added a new discussion mechanic with lots of backstory and world building stuff).

The peeping tom (not sure if there is a female version of that) will be filled out in the future and I have some intersting ideas based on her powers and her . She has ties to Prism so there will be a bit in her parts as well.

The update has been taking a bit longer than I would have liked because I have added in a way to track which scenes you have obtained and this required going back and modifying all of the Blaire, Kiara and threesome content. The main reason I did all of these now is that the tracking will only work with a new game. I wanted to minimize how many non-save compatible version as I can (I've also pretty much rewritten Blaire's sex scenes)

However, everything is already written and I'm finishing up proofreading. After that's done, all I have left is bug hunting. I'm aiming for next week if anyone wants to wait for the additional content.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
*puts on a fresh brew of coffee* I'm taking that as challenge.

... just kidding. Different time zone. I'll be asleep in a minute :ROFLMAO:

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Writing is done
Proofreading is done
Codechecking is done

I just have one or two little things to fix and then I'm done.

ETA depends on how productive I am but should be tonight.
Neat. Now I just need to decided if I want to use an old save or start from the beginning again. Considering it sounded like you reworked the weekly visit scenes it might just be easier to start fresh.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Neat. Now I just need to decided if I want to use an old save or start from the beginning again. Considering it sounded like you reworked the weekly visit scenes it might just be easier to start fresh.
I kinda made this choice for you. Due to some of the changes I made, the earlier saves won't work. On the upside, Prism is all brand new and Blaire's sexy scenes have been written.

Reactions: EvilGenius97

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Yay, update! Will check it out today. Looking forward to it, and will report any bugs I encounter. Also, proud to be patron #1!

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
So I have done a quick playthrough of the new update. Nothing near comprehensive. All the backstory I encountered while talking with Prism is pretty interesting. The conclusion to the after patrol date was kind of unexpected. There's so much to talk about with prism that I will have to go back and read a bunch of it later. Also, the scene tracker is really useful for tracking down unseen content.

I did encounter a few errors while playing though.
Blaire started talking in yellow prism fashion during the K+B scene triggered after giving Kiara the bikini.
The new advisor construct was causing an error with a missing <br> message.
There was also a similar looking error I ran into during the first version of teasing Kiara when she is at the mall.
Consulting Sam, then going to the replay room from that room was causing the time of day to display as ???? until you passed time.
It is possible to stumble upon the B&E training event after you have mastered B&E, but choosing it leads to a broken passage.
For the sake of bug hunting this was all on a save where I skipped both Kiara and Blaire content and set them to FWB and sidekick->feedback.

Draconias

Oct 19, 2017
Found a few spelling errors in the intro section.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A couple more when visiting Mr Keyode

Another from the How to be a Psychic lessons

Another in Saying Goodbye

ANOTHER ONE in Gaming with Kiara

*Meme voice* ANOTHER ONE in Home Visits: Introductions

Movie night with Kiara

Prism visit pt 2

Prism visit pt 3

Blaire dream pt 2

Getting hint about Prism

Conversation with Prism

Last edited:

Dont matta

Jan 15, 2018
Getting this error all over the place

Edit: I am also just getting a blank page when I click on "Follow Prism" in the City Center.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Buying the self-deception book now has an inconsistency between variables; it only sets kiara.bookred to 2 if her SuperState is 2 but you can buy it even if it's something else. ie previously it was just
<<set $kiara.bookread to 2>>
now it's
<<if $kiara.superState is 2>><<set $kiara.bookread to 2>><</if>>
but it only unlocks in relation to $kiara.bookread. So ... not sure what's correct here and what the progression should be but it's annoying to buy a book that then disappears ;) At the very least make it not take money under the same condition.

e: Also the Mall saying it's closed Early Morning doesn't seem to matter.

just1more

Aug 8, 2016
What are you supposed to do when you get this message?
You get the feeling that you're not going to get much further with Prism without something else. Maybe it's time to set your and Kiara's plan in action.
I've bought the bondage kit, but the event just keeps on repeating (apparently without effect?) after I call Prism.

E: nvm, it seems the problem was that I hadn't seen every convo yet

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
So I have done a quick playthrough of the new update. Nothing near comprehensive. All the backstory I encountered while talking with Prism is pretty interesting. The conclusion to the after patrol date was kind of unexpected. There's so much to talk about with prism that I will have to go back and read a bunch of it later. Also, the scene tracker is really useful for tracking down unseen content.

I did encounter a few errors while playing though.
Blaire started talking in yellow prism fashion during the K+B scene triggered after giving Kiara the bikini.
The new advisor construct was causing an error with a missing <br> message.
There was also a similar looking error I ran into during the first version of teasing Kiara when she is at the mall.
Consulting Sam, then going to the replay room from that room was causing the time of day to display as ???? until you passed time.
It is possible to stumble upon the B&E training event after you have mastered B&E, but choosing it leads to a broken passage.
For the sake of bug hunting this was all on a save where I skipped both Kiara and Blaire content and set them to FWB and sidekick->feedback.
Thanks for the heads up on the bugs, I'll tackle them today and see what's what.

Found a few spelling errors in the intro section.

A couple more when visiting Mr Keyode

Another from the How to be a Psychic lessons

Another in Saying Goodbye

ANOTHER ONE in Gaming with Kiara

*Meme voice* ANOTHER ONE in Home Visits: Introductions

Movie night with Kiara

Prism visit pt 2

Prism visit pt 3

Blaire dream pt 2

Getting hint about Prism

Conversation with Prism

Always appreciate letting me know about typos (And these were after the other's I found).

Getting this error all over the place

Edit: I am also just getting a blank page when I click on "Follow Prism" in the City Center.
Are you using an old save?

Buying the self-deception book now has an inconsistency between variables; it only sets kiara.bookred to 2 if her SuperState is 2 but you can buy it even if it's something else. ie previously it was just
<<set $kiara.bookread to 2>>
now it's
<<if $kiara.superState is 2>><<set $kiara.bookread to 2>><</if>>
but it only unlocks in relation to $kiara.bookread. So ... not sure what's correct here and what the progression should be but it's annoying to buy a book that then disappears ;) At the very least make it not take money under the same condition.

e: Also the Mall saying it's closed Early Morning doesn't seem to matter.
Ah, I remember why I did this. It was to prevent the book from showing up when you were on her sidekick path. No idea why I tried to do it that way though.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll work through these and post an updated version later today.

silenthuntr7

Sep 10, 2018
Possibly another bug - when I try to "Work on Kiara's Barrier" I get a white screen. Edit: this only happens if I don't click the "message read" button on the messages section.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
How do you get build points? It's been a couple weeks since I spent my first one and I've been checking every morning.
You get one point every time you level your connection with Blaire or Kiara. At the moment that ends up being ten points, and there are more than ten option, so you will miss out on a couple constructs until we get some Prism levels added.

Jan 8, 2019
You get one point every time you level your connection with Blaire or Kiara. At the moment that ends up being ten points, and there are more than ten option, so you will miss out on a couple constructs until we get some Prism levels added.
Thanks! I guess I'd better get to work then.

Jan 8, 2019
Fantastic writing in this game!

However, it really needs to be more user-friendly. Half the time I just don't know what I'm doing. At the beginning of the game I found the city confusing as heck. A map would be nice! Or even just an indication of where certain places (like the Mall or University) are in the city! It took me forever to realize that working with the old neighbour was what was giving me woodworking (it was driving me nuts to realize I had 2 of 4 parts, so I must have gotten them somehow...). It would be nice to indicate where you learned a skill while you're still learning it (e.g. the Squid attack, which I still have no idea why I'm learning, in the Parkside area). I've finally done everything I can think of in Blaire's dream, finding two places that tell me she's not ready yet and I need to take her on dates. Which is frustrating, because I still haven't figured out how to ask Blaire on a date - I've gone and followed her around to every place like a stalker, to the point that none of them give me any more friendliness, and I have her phone number but can't send her messages. And Sam just keeps telling me to get her number. Thanks, Sam. (EDIT: And ten minutes after writing that, I found the book in the library...oh well).

Basically, too often I'm finding myself completely stuck and doing random things, and to me that takes away from the fun of playing.

Last edited:

scyne

Dec 4, 2018
This is really good. Excellent writing, and the dreamsculpting in particular is awesome — great Psychonaughts vibe; not to mention how generally interesting it is seeing a conceptual breakdown of a character's psyche.

I agree wth QuietlyReading above, there are some confusing elements - e.g. I didn't realise you could travel by ExcelDrive, becuase when I initially explored the game's available options, it didn't let me do anything.

There are also some early pacing issues that I think will get fleshed out over time & with more content. It could be worth taking the character out of the initial sanbox-styled daily activities until he's mostly trained, though, as much of the content is written with the assumption you've finished your training with Sam.

...I actually enjoyed this enough that I wrote a few, er, pages of feedback on some bugs & issues I noticed with how you're handling things in Twine. Happy to shoot those in a message if you don't mind discussing them. Might help with some of the complexity you're dealing with under the hood.

Reactions: Noone44677272
4.60 star(s) 42 Votes