HTML Accidental Mind [v3.5] [Myscra]

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Myscra I found a list of typos and bugs I had lost track of from about the first half of my playthrough of 2.3. It looks like most of them were fixed in 2.35, but there are a few that are still around.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Does this look correct? Is something supposed to happen when I click on something on the map?

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Overall this is pretty well written... except for when it suddenly isn't.
It really draws you in during the good parts.
But I have come across several issues, primarily with the handling of the childhood friend.

Last edited:

Aditek

Jul 22, 2019
Myscra Hey, really enjoyed what I have played so far. I have some feedback and suggestions for qol improvements:

1. Show last names on the index. (I had no idea where Blaire lives cause since the houses are named based on the family name)
  2. Display what a mental construct does in the vault. Maybe similar to how we can get some info about character by clicking on their name (I have no clue what the Carnal Reinforcer does. And I am certain that sooner or later I will forget about some constructs as the game progresses)
  3. Having a map on the left sidebar (with an indicator where you currently are) would be nice for new players.
  4. In the morning the left sidebar is too bright to read the text. Maybe change the text color?

Reactions: mrttao

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Myscra I found a list of typos and bugs I had lost track of from about the first half of my playthrough of 2.3. It looks like most of them were fixed in 2.35, but there are a few that are still around.
Thanks, I'll add them to the grand typo list we are keeping on discord.

Is there a way to track my progress with Blaire's friends?
There should be honestly so I'm adding something for that in the next update.

Talking with Kiara about Liane makes me want to make Liane happy.
Liane is coming up soon.

Overall this is pretty well written... except for when it suddenly isn't.
It really draws you in during the good parts.
But I have come across several issues, primarily with the handling of the childhood friend.

1. The way I looked at it was meeting her in a professional capacity vs. in a relaxed setting. Also, Kiara was more focused on her friend in the hospital to really register it.
2. In my head, the trust/affection bar is measuring deviation instead of absolute value. So, Kiara starts at 80 realistically but has 0 change at the beginning the game. Also, I reused code and its all based on a 0-60 system.
3. MC and Kiara were never in a relationship so he can't be cucked by definition. Also, they just never really saw each other as potential partners until after the game starts (I should make this a bit more explicit to be honest). The MC is well aware about what happened and her many partners but she kept the no orgasming thing because of embarrassment and not everyone likes to share their issues, even to those close to them.
4. That's just a narrative decision on my part to drive the story. Only so many hours in the day to write variations. If I make his changing feelings more explicit I think It will smooth out why he tries it instead of just telling her.
5. The way I was thinking of it. The MC simply isn't skilled enough to do anything while working on her mental shield. Also, they are both treating it as a serious matter. Plenty of time for sexy times later.

Myscra Hey, really enjoyed what I have played so far. I have some feedback and suggestions for qol improvements:

1. Show last names on the index. (I had no idea where Blaire lives cause since the houses are named based on the family name)
  2. Display what a mental construct does in the vault. Maybe similar to how we can get some info about character by clicking on their name (I have no clue what the Carnal Reinforcer does. And I am certain that sooner or later I will forget about some constructs as the game progresses)
  3. Having a map on the left sidebar (with an indicator where you currently are) would be nice for new players.
  4. In the morning the left sidebar is too bright to read the text. Maybe change the text color?
1 and 2 - Done, Ill add in last names for the index and hover tool tips for the constructs.
3 - I'll think about that one.
4 - I'll try and make it more readable.

Also, I have a bug fixed version that I've posted to the top page.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
3. MC and Kiara were never in a relationship so he can't be cucked by definition.
They were explicitly in an extremely intimate relationship. She is his dearest childhood friend who was extremely close to him.
Just because the relationship was not sexual does not mean there was no relationship.
So yes, it is absolutely cucked by definition. Especially considering the first thing he does when he can is start fucking her.
The fact he was literally "the only one there for her" while she was acting as a town bicycle for everyone other than him makes him even more of a cuck
The MC is well aware about what happened and her many partners but she kept the no orgasming thing because of embarrassment and not everyone likes to share their issues, even to those close to them.
There is only so much you can hide from someone who practically lives with you in the same house.
Also... what, she is too shy to let him (the boy she has "no relationship with") find out, but not too shy to go ride a whole bunch of random dick around?
And besides who was she even fucking? She was explicitly a bullied social pariah and MC was literally the only one there for her. Shouldn't the other men she was fucking have been also there for her? Or did she just walk into the football locker and said "free nerd pussy. come get your fill"?
2. In my head, the trust/affection bar is measuring deviation instead of absolute value. So, Kiara starts at 80 realistically but has 0 change at the beginning the game. Also, I reused code and its all based on a 0-60 system.
is it actually deviation? once you get her and the other neighbor both to 100%, then will kiara be 80% more trusting and affectionate towards him? (since her initial value was 80 and her deviation is +100)?

Last edited:

JJATH

May 2, 2017
What does "Cerebralad"? mean? I know what cerebral means. Just not what the ad means at the end, unless that is basical just Cerebral(lad).

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
It's Cerebral(lad). I was really tired when I wrote that one and couldn't come up with a better one.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Currently stuck trying to run into Prism Downtown and having no luck either passing time or waiting & observing.
Edit: Managed to get past that, but now I'm stuck trying to get past Prism's Dreamscape stuff.

Last edited:

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
I think there are some problems with launching the Blarie's friends movie night event. I had to edit out the Bfriends.hang check before it worked for me. If I had to guess, it's not actually set in normal gameplay and thus there is no way to pass it, at least if starting with a save.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I think there are some problems with launching the Blarie's friends movie night event. I had to edit out the Bfriends.hang check before it worked for me. If I had to guess, it's not actually set in normal gameplay and thus there is no way to pass it, at least if starting with a save.
Someone on the discord brought this up to me as well. You're correct in what was going on, I forgot to add in the Bfriends.hang variable to the save updater so it was not working. I added it in for the 2.35 E version.

Pango_12

Jun 8, 2019
One of the best text adventure nsfw cyoa game I had ever played. Almost at the same level as ASfA. I really love the fact that there's no image. Thank you very much.

By the way, can I still do things to Blaire's friends (mall, not club) in Dedicated?

harpstone

Aug 30, 2019
It's Cerebral(lad). I was really tired when I wrote that one and couldn't come up with a better one.
There are a ton of superheroes with names based on Greek and Roman gods, and well....

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
There are a ton of superheroes with names based on Greek and Roman gods, and well....

'personifying affection, friendship, and sex.' Sounds like she is the Goddess of friends with benefits.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
One of the best text adventure nsfw cyoa game I had ever played. Almost at the same level as ASfA. I really love the fact that there's no image. Thank you very much.

By the way, can I still do things to Blaire's friends (mall, not club) in Dedicated?
Thanks for the Kind words! I'm assuming ASfA is A spell for all? I haven't played that one in a while. As for your question, you can do stuff with them on the weekends, the dedicated path loses the weekday version. I may add it back in as an option for the next version.

Thanks for this! I'm familiar with a lot of Nyx and Erebu's children but I've never come across Philotes. I like this one as a namesake.

harpstone

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for this! I'm familiar with a lot of Nyx and Erebu's children but I've never come across Philotes. I like this one as a namesake.
I reached the part for your super name before finishing Kiara's unfinished room, and let me tell you Sam giving her a philodendron made me laugh so hard at the "coincidence".

Stellar game, btw. Absolutely love the fact that while this is a dirty, dirty game the main character isn't a sociopath. Just a good guy thats a massive pervert.

Reactions: toradrac
4.60 star(s) 42 Votes