Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
I partially agree, Lilly can be a bit of a dick and is very unsympathetic, but that is due in part to the nature of Appletree (and the game) where a human life is sometimes only worth as much as the cost of its body parts.
Yeah, that's the thing though. They don't care about human life while demanding more reproduction. It's like something being true and false at the same time.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, that's the thing though. They don't care about human life while demanding more reproduction. It's like something being true and false at the same time.
Cheap laboulr I guess, a dispensable workforce that wont argue or think, keeping generations churning out fast and dumb. I think of it like that movie "They Live" keep the live stock docile by teaching them early on that they're worth what the company decides they are for maximum returns turning appletree into a giant velvet sweat shop and keeping people so distracted, satisfying that lizard part of your brain (copulation, sex) that they can't think straight long enough to question if what's going on is right. It's all about control.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, that would work except they also want smart researchers who are also disposable. It's a madness dystopia.
I guess a slave has more value the more sophisticated that slave is, we know this to be true from real life examples of slaves that could read and write better than a free man to make that slave highly sought after. However, through threat of force or indoctrination people can still be given the tools to carry out complex tasks and yet still be slaves to their conditioning especially if the are groomed from an early enough age. I suppose another very taboo example of this could be religion. How someone seemingly intelligent could also believe in (and this is purely an example of the point I'm trying to make I'm not coming down on anything here and is easily interchangeable with any similar example) genesis. It's a good point though, they are going to be your work force so if you pineapple them too much they wont be able to actually further your plans.

chiyochan

Jul 12, 2019
Yeah, well, the last guy who regularly dropped them got tired of the game nearly a year ago and most people here follow it more out of idle curiosity rather than avid anticipation so it is what it is.
I agree its a bug ridden mess and many game breaking bug issues still happen. Its a niche game a massive game but a bug ridden one running on a not so stable engine so in other words the HTML version of Skyrim.

2.20 star(s) 57 Votes