rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Hmm. I dunno. Perhaps we should swap saves and see if that makes a difference.

Also, the v49 release changelog seems to indicate the problem is being addressed.
I think it is (hopefully) a moot point after v49. I'll see it when I try it. I am using v43. I just refuse to give money to slowpoke creators like ThaumX.

As I check out 0.47, I can say that I may need to change my review to focus on other negatives of the game. Died of alcohol poisoning after 1 drink. Enough said.

Last edited:

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
Since I'm currently active in this thread anyway, I may as well repost the blogpost announcing the latest version with the changelog at the bottom as usual.
wow finally some NPC functionality that makes them interact with you instead! Might finally be an update we'd like!

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I think it is (hopefully) a moot point after v49. I'll see it when I try it. I am using v43. I just refuse to give money to slowpoke creators like ThaumX.

As I check out 0.47, I can say that I may need to change my review to focus on other negatives of the game. Died of alcohol poisoning after 1 drink. Enough said.
Considering that I got tipsy when my character is supposed to have immunity to booze, this checks out. Speaking of 0.49, might be the only update that I'm genuinely curious about since it finally has features that it should have had many updates ago like NPC interactivity and a sex system that is worked on.

Still not going to pay for it though. Learned my lesson when the marriage update dropped and it was the first and last time I ever spent money on ThaumX.

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
it finally has features that it should have had many updates ago like NPC interactivity
Well, the changelog for .49 does state NPC's will take off clothes in the sex scene... But nothing about initiating sex or positions themselves. It would be hilarious and disappointing at the same time if they eagerly take off clothes and then proceed to just stand there 2 hours waiting for you to initiate anything. This would be even weirder if it's a forced/rape sex scene where they'd still idle if you don't do anything yourself yet in .49 you can't exit the sex scene without making them climax.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Well, the changelog for .49 does state NPC's will take off clothes in the sex scene... But nothing about initiating sex or positions themselves. It would be hilarious and disappointing at the same time if they eagerly take off clothes and then proceed to just stand there 2 hours waiting for you to initiate anything. This would be even weirder if it's a forced/rape sex scene where they'd still idle if you don't do anything yourself yet in .49 you can't exit the sex scene without making them climax.
Considering that my curiosity got the better of me and I got my monthly pay a while ago, I decided to bite the bullet and get 0.49 to test these features out. It will definitely take a longer time than the tests I did for Progenerate burst immunity for obvious reasons but I'll post a small report when I'm done.

The report will also be short and simplified because the focus will mainly be on player (my) experience with these new features.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
RenH

Can you upload so the rest of us can test as well?
Sure thing, I guess since it's highly unlikely there's going to be DRM involved. Kinda slipped my mind, tbh. Anyways, so far I found that there are indeed new events where NPCs come to you and speak. It's a little underwhelming and most of the approaching NPCs are women, despite the initial text describing them as men. Also, tribadism is broken. Once selected, you literally cannot end sex.

I'm not into lesbian sex but holy fuck can't there a new feature that isn't bugged for once? The few times I decided to roll with it and pick a chick, I can't even end sex normally because women, I guess. For some reason, I have to manually select to end it in order to finish because female libido too stronk or something. Oh, NPC sex interactivity has bumped up from 'barely noticeable' to 'somewhat ok' since they now have the reactions of a slightly buggy Oblivion NPC. The text is still the same though.

Reactions: Blackrockomega

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Update: NPC interactivity is more diverse, had men and women approach my character. However, some bugs, like random events happening during dates--including rape--persist. New bugs include scissoring just breaking the game, post-date sex sometimes end with a textbox informing you that you went to an NPC's house despite the fact that you brought them to your place.

Also, discovered that the hard limit for number of babies before bursting is roughly 30 in one go or having a total of 30 and over in both wombs with fetuses not too far apart (~10-30% difference). Was able to birth 26 babies just fine in Womb 1, but 34 babies in Womb 2 causes burst to happen. Note: was not a Progenerate employee.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
I tried it and it's a step forward. I'm not ready to start gushing yet, because there are still many errors in text generation, many invalid conditions, obvious things like a lack of orgasm text for female sex, random hair, work when the text says you don't have work, unfinished basic shops, missed dates when there were no dates (at "-1" time of the day), etc. Still, ThaumX did something. It's a start, but much more needs to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: RenH

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Game life of being woman... hmmm the basic are there and the concept is decent, but the execution could be improved.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I tried it and it's a step forward. I'm not ready to start gushing yet, because there are still many errors in text generation, many invalid conditions, obvious things like a lack of orgasm text for female sex, random hair, work when the text says you don't have work, unfinished basic shops, missed dates when there were no dates (at "-1" time of the day), etc. Still, ThaumX did something. It's a start, but much more needs to be done.
It's a start for sure. I was pleasantly surprised when my character got kidnapped. Granted, it still doesn't make since a) it was in broad daylight and b) I was in the hospital but it introduced something that was different for once. It's one step closer towards making Appletree feel like this hostile dystopian environment and fit into the town's portrayal in the female start.

Of course, since this is ThaumX we're talking about, the rest of the game feels like a mouse trying to patch holes in a pumpkin with pieces of the same pumpkin. Where we got a much welcomed improvement, there are still issues with lesbian sex being buggy, the problems you mentioned especially with missed dates on my end, and the new interactive NPC feature being buggy in and of itself.

Still did not feel worth the $10 I sunk to give it a shot and share with the beautiful people here but at least it felt different enough to mitigate some of the buyer's remorse.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Yes maybe in 4 more years, he will do something more, or will need to restart the whole thing as technology improves.

Reactions: RenH

James009

The Gravewalker
Jun 4, 2018
anyone having any issue to start the game, bcoz mine is not starting, its stuck on loading screen. Screenshot (5).png

2.20 star(s) 58 Votes