♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Nope, no closer than before. What you look at as empowering, control, domination, those are all illusions. Pseudo empowerment & pseudo control. Its not the same as if breaking them into submitting to their most basic primary needs & desires.
That's just taste my dude. :whistle::coffee:
Some like this, some like that..
But many like to control, one way or another. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
Haha, yeah it's 100% placeholder. Intent was to make it "obviously placeholder" so people know we intend to put a proper graphic there in the future. There is only so much art that can be done in a specific amount of time :).

Is this using JoiPlay? Atm just windows is supported and tested, however I plan to make an android version in the future.
Can you let me know what specific android device you are using?
sorry for the delay in responding my cell phone is a Motorola G7 play

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
sorry for the delay in responding my cell phone is a Motorola G7 play
Hmm. It looks like the phone's SoC is a SD632. I'll see if I can find anything similar. Are you running Android 9 or 10 on it?

Also I know RMMZ is supposed to be more CPU intensive than past versions of RPGmaker. Have you been able to play other RPGmaker games made in MZ without any problems?

Additionally, I would suggest trying to turn off as many effects as you can in the options menu if you haven't already.

Excuse me, can anyone help me with this problem?

View attachment 2076523
That is most likely a graphics driver related issue. I would try updating to the latest drivers if you aren't already.
Also, what windows version are you on?

WinKid

Jul 11, 2021
That is most likely a graphics driver related issue. I would try updating to the latest drivers if you aren't already.
Windows 10.

Is that enough? All this time, I have been playing other games using that and it's fine.

knuthamsun

Aug 1, 2020
For me, the demo is not enough to know how the game is going to play out, for what we got, it seem that's is going to be a VN in RPGM. So I can't say if it looks promising or not. The demo feels more like playing a prologue rather than Chapter 1 of the game.
I would say that at least the end gave me the question if emma's nightmare was reality and the current events is her dream.

Good luck with the game !

Reactions: MegaloDEV

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Windows 10.

Is that enough? All this time, I have been playing other games using that and it's fine.
Yeah, windows 10 is good. Just double check if there are any driver updates for you GPU from intel, AMD or nvidia depending on your GPU manufacturer. Worth doing a restart as well (not just a shutdown).

For me, the demo is not enough to know how the game is going to play out, for what we got, it seem that's is going to be a VN in RPGM. So I can't say if it looks promising or not. The demo feels more like playing a prologue rather than Chapter 1 of the game.
I would say that at least the end gave me the question if emma's nightmare was reality and the current events is her dream.

Good luck with the game !
Thanks! Yeah, it's exactly just a prologue right now.
Regarding the nightmare/reality: Interesting thought! Definitely see why you would think that based on some of the events, but no all the story beats that happened, actually happened.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Reactions: knuthamsun

Cryomaniac

Oct 17, 2018
Loved the demo. It's pretty rare to see artstyle like this. I can't help but be reminded of Fire Emblem looking at the MC's design. Hoping the development goes well!

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
Out of curiosity, what kind of driver that you use?

Do you mean restarting the game or the computer?
I'm currently using nvidia driver 516.94 for my personal rig.

Restarting the computer.
Shutdown and rebooting doesn't flush the entire system on Windows. So if a driver or system file is acting up, it'll still keep acting up after rebooting. Restarting flushes everything.

Reactions: WinKid

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
Hmm. It looks like the phone's SoC is a SD632. I'll see if I can find anything similar. Are you running Android 9 or 10 on it?

Also I know RMMZ is supposed to be more CPU intensive than past versions of RPGmaker. Have you been able to play other RPGmaker games made in MZ without any problems?

Additionally, I would suggest trying to turn off as many effects as you can in the options menu if you haven't already.

My Android is 10 and yes I have already tested some other games and most of them work fine

MegaloDEV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
My Android is 10 and yes I have already tested some other games and most of them work fine
Alright, so I got a hold of a pixel 1 which while it doesn't have the exact same processor your phone has it has very similar performance. I was able to replicate the fps issues you were having getting ~11-14fps in the starting area. I was also able to load in other some other RMMZ games into Joiplay without significant FPS issues. Further, I tried the game via joiplay on a few modern flagship phones, namely the Pixel 6 and Galaxy s21 (NA version), and I did not run into any issues.

Unfortunately, I think it just comes down to the hardware specs for now. :(

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
This definitely needs a blackmail tag imo. There might not be an individual character doing it, but the plot macguffin itself is blackmailing the protagonist.

And tho it's more or less beside the point, that pretty much ruins it for me. Accurate tags probably would've been helpful and saved some time.

Last edited:

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Hey MegaloDEV, after pressing the "r" key, the "f2" or after trying to close the option menu (maybe in the actual game as well, can't test that right now unfortunately, ran out of playtime early and gotta do something ;P), I get the following error:

Screenshot_20221003-141538.png

I'm playing on JoiPlay (newest version), Android 11.

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
Alright, so I got a hold of a pixel 1 which while it doesn't have the exact same processor your phone has it has very similar performance. I was able to replicate the fps issues you were having getting ~11-14fps in the starting area. I was also able to load in other some other RMMZ games into Joiplay without significant FPS issues. Further, I tried the game via joiplay on a few modern flagship phones, namely the Pixel 6 and Galaxy s21 (NA version), and I did not run into any issues.

Unfortunately, I think it just comes down to the hardware specs for now. :(
Don't worry I believe that over time the emulator will improve and fps will go up

May 9, 2020
Don't worry I believe that over time the emulator will improve and fps will go up
I'm not using any emulator and the fps is literally that bad. The only time it peaks at 60fps is in the main menu. In game it immediately drops to between 11 to 13 all game round.

So it's not an emulator issue, there's something to do with the game itself eating up the fps. What makes it worse is that there also feels like there's no difference between walk and run speed.

Reactions: srpenty
3.70 star(s) 20 Votes