4.30 star(s) 77 Votes
Jan 28, 2019
Game is too young, and my problems with it are too much personal preference, to leave a review. I don't want to be unfair.
So, instead, just some feedback like this:

The game is GORGEOUS. Just, absolutely beautiful.
The plot, simple as it is thus far, has me interested. And it has plenty of room to expand.

But, of the girls we're introduced to so far?
Your ex, your sister, your sister's friend.... I don't like any.
Maybe there are reasons for the breakup, and the ex works out to be a great character. But the story we're given... that things were fine, until she broke up out of the blue, incentivizes one of to directions of play: pursue her, mostly for the sake of renders, or take on the much more in-character appropriate view of... well, screw her, then. And if I'm playing for the story, then I find myself inclined towards the second.
This is the huge problem with story telling in which the MC knows things, but we, who play as the MC, don't. And where part of the drama of the story revolves around us being spoonfed information. The MC knows what happened between he and her. We don't. So given the option to be cordial, or say whether we're over her or not, or other things, we have NOTHING to go on, save "she's hot and I wanna see her scenes later." And that doesn't do it for me. So, when story options later inevitably reveal she is worth the MCs time, I'll just be annoyed, because chances are, the MC already knows what will be revealed to us.

The sister is a little bitch. Very attractive. The brother complex comes across well. She's clingy and has a thing for him, and is annoyed he hasn't figured it out. And she's jealous of the other girls he looks at. I get it. But the way she treats other characters, Mom in particular, seems entirely unjustified. Her reaction over you having lunch with a classmate you've been assigned to work with, both at the cafe and later at night, even with the "jealous because she loves her brother" character type, seems utterly unjustified. If you want the self-righteous brat who treats her mother like shit and is unable to see the truth about her friend despite the flashing warning signs, to be someone we want to pursue, she has to be more than "hot" and "taboo" to make that appealing. The next release or two will have to put effort into showing some depth to her character, or else she just isn't with the time.

The friend (I apologize for not using character names. I played through what was there 2 days ago, and didn't feel like loading things back up to double check exact facts) is a slut. Almost invariably, I have no interest in the "whore" character. And the fact that she is both lying to MC's sister about what she does to make money, and is trying to pull her into that world simultaneously just leaves her as being seen as deceitful, manipulative, and like she does not genuinely care about her supposed friend. The fact that she tries to fuck you, while likely knowing how your sister feels, further cements this. She is not a good person. In a game with many potential LIs, why would I pursue the one who is a whore, and actively lying to my sister, or willfully doing things that would hurt her?

Now, the plus side is you can choose to avoid characters, or choose against scenes progressing. I appreciate that, greatly. But when I'm stuck with the feeling that, in this case, doing so will be the "wrong choice," either by effecting the story, or missing out on characters that will have the best arcs, I can't help but feel frustrated. These early scenes need to be peppered with some inkling of why MC or others think the way they do, act the way they do, and have further depth. Otherwise, taking away the meta view and just playing from the perspective of the MC, I have no reason to pursue them.

Now, plus side? I'm interested in the girls Sis met from her class. The blonde MC gets partnered with seems sweet. The mom character is, so far, great. And I'm fascinated to see what the deal is with Kiiara (remembered that one. She'd be mad if I didn't).

Amazing art, girls I think I will like, an interesting set up, and a plot that has room to be fully fleshed out in many directions? I am very interested, and looking forward to playing updates.
But man, maybe it's just where my head was at this weekend, but... Those three characters, how they act, and what we as players know about them, really left a sour taste in my mouth. Especially sis and the ex.

Jan 28, 2019
I wanted to add two things I forgot:

First, I love the ex's design. Games with characters with an injury like hers are rare, and I like seeing a character who, based on appearances, doesn't let such an issue take away from her self image. Especially when such a physical flaw is used well, such that it, if anything, seems to highlight how beautiful she otherwise is. Think Ciri from witcher 3, or the one girl from Summer's Gone (damn, I really am terrible with names of characters once I stop playing, it seems...)
So, it's a shame I'm really not into her, as presented as a character. But I've seen some people seem really put off by her eye, and... well, I'm not. I think it was a strong, artistic decision.

Second, some people take issue with the unavoidable scene at the open. I get why people don't like unavoidable scenes, and why they don't like dream scenes. Dreams are used too much to put lewd content into a game when a dev is doing a slower burn, in order to have tits in the early released. It's an overused trope, and not actually germane to the plot. And players like having the ability to choose whether or not they want to see certain scenes.
But in this case, I think both criticisms are dead wrong. A large part of the plot we are given so far revolves around the dream, both the girl, and the content of it. MC doesn't know who she is. He doesn't know why he dreams of her every night. He doesn't know why the dreams are sexual. And the dream stands out among all the rest he's had for years, with her giving her name in it.
With the Kiiara, the sexual nature of the dreams, and the persistence of the dreams themselves all being very important to the game's story, by all appearances, I don't think criticism laid at their feet, whether being unavoidable, or a dream sequence, really holds all that much water, when compared to the vast majority of the times such a complaint is made in other games.

marloskyS

Jan 30, 2021

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Initial thoughts:
-Beautiful renders, incredibly smooth animation
-Girl with a mask! COVID reaches the gaming world.
-There's a girl with a blind eye from a scar and another with a freakin' GLASGOW SMILE. I should be repulsed a bit and maybe rolling my eyes at an artist trying too hard to make interesting characters, but am instead INTRIGUED. It's not overdoing it if it's done WELL.
--AND the girl with the scar is the MC's ex. I'VE NEVER FELT SO COOL IN MY LIFE.
---...Which is kind of sad.
-Why are the MCs in these games always friends with an annoying douche?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018
I wanted to add two things I forgot:

First, I love the ex's design. Games with characters with an injury like hers are rare, and I like seeing a character who, based on appearances, doesn't let such an issue take away from her self image. Especially when such a physical flaw is used well, such that it, if anything, seems to highlight how beautiful she otherwise is. Think Ciri from witcher 3, or the one girl from Summer's Gone (damn, I really am terrible with names of characters once I stop playing, it seems...)
So, it's a shame I'm really not into her, as presented as a character. But I've seen some people seem really put off by her eye, and... well, I'm not. I think it was a strong, artistic decision.

Second, some people take issue with the unavoidable scene at the open. I get why people don't like unavoidable scenes, and why they don't like dream scenes. Dreams are used too much to put lewd content into a game when a dev is doing a slower burn, in order to have tits in the early released. It's an overused trope, and not actually germane to the plot. And players like having the ability to choose whether or not they want to see certain scenes.
But in this case, I think both criticisms are dead wrong. A large part of the plot we are given so far revolves around the dream, both the girl, and the content of it. MC doesn't know who she is. He doesn't know why he dreams of her every night. He doesn't know why the dreams are sexual. And the dream stands out among all the rest he's had for years, with her giving her name in it.
With the Kiiara, the sexual nature of the dreams, and the persistence of the dreams themselves all being very important to the game's story, by all appearances, I don't think criticism laid at their feet, whether being unavoidable, or a dream sequence, really holds all that much water, when compared to the vast majority of the times such a complaint is made in other games.
People (like myself) don't like unavoidable scences because they take away from the point of vns. My ability to change the storyline based on my preferences, and what I want my game experience to be, is crucial for vn success. CHOICE is imperative, If I wanted to experience a story that I have no control over, I would just go watch a movie. Vns aren't movies, they're video games. unavoidable scenes take indviduals out of the immersion, the exact opposite of what you want.

Reactions: tbz1983 and Vleder

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Hello, can you fix the apk of the game that does not want to install on my Android
There's nothing to fix since the apk works fine, already played the game on my phone...

See if you have enough internal storage (y)

Reactions: marloskyS

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
People (like myself) don't like unavoidable scences because they take away from the point of vns. My ability to change the storyline based on my preferences, and what I want my game experience to be, is crucial for vn success. CHOICE is imperative, If I wanted to experience a story that I have no control over, I would just go watch a movie. Vns aren't movies, they're video games. unavoidable scenes take indviduals out of the immersion, the exact opposite of what you want.
How is "a scene where you have sex and "meet" a mysterious woman important for the story" different than "a scene where a college boy wakes up and goes to college the first time" when both have no choice?

If that scene were later in the game without the player having a say in it you might be correct.
But here the scene "simply" is a variation of an intro to the story like almost all other VN's have. It's "only" that this intro contains sex.

If you resent not skippable scenes so much you apparently have to hate 99.995% of the VN's on this forum alone.

Jan 28, 2019
I get that. That's the problem. My point was that the unavoidable scene is a dream, and it's used tgo establish the plot.

As much as dream sequences are usually bad, they don't effect the plot... and unless the MC is a ludic dreamer, they wouldn't have much say in a dream anyhow.
And it is literally the first thing that happens in the game. What is the point to avoid it, when you don't know any characters, plot, or other information?

I DESPISE when a game forces you into unavoidable scenes, 99% of the time. But a dream (meaning the event didn't actually happen) that is the literal first thing you see in the game... and where the MC ponders over that dream in a way that suggests it is relevant to the plot that will be develop, seems a very weird thing to get bent out of shape over.

If it were the sister's camgirl friend, or the ex's friend, or peeking on mom, etc, that you were forced to do, I would 100% be on your side. But every encounter with girls that are in the real world, we are given control over our actions, not no choice or false choice. I mean, sure, we have to go to their houses... but we aren't forced to continue the scenes in any way.

Judging with how every prospective scene has been handled thus far, I expect it likely the dev will keep that up.... including with the girl from the dream, when we interact with her IRL.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just genuinely do not understand why a dream sequence has people so bent out of shape for being an "unavoidable scene."

Oct 8, 2018
I get that. That's the problem. My point was that the unavoidable scene is a dream, and it's used tgo establish the plot.

As much as dream sequences are usually bad, they don't effect the plot... and unless the MC is a ludic dreamer, they wouldn't have much say in a dream anyhow.
And it is literally the first thing that happens in the game. What is the point to avoid it, when you don't know any characters, plot, or other information?

I DESPISE when a game forces you into unavoidable scenes, 99% of the time. But a dream (meaning the event didn't actually happen) that is the literal first thing you see in the game... and where the MC ponders over that dream in a way that suggests it is relevant to the plot that will be develop, seems a very weird thing to get bent out of shape over.

If it were the sister's camgirl friend, or the ex's friend, or peeking on mom, etc, that you were forced to do, I would 100% be on your side. But every encounter with girls that are in the real world, we are given control over our actions, not no choice or false choice. I mean, sure, we have to go to their houses... but we aren't forced to continue the scenes in any way.

Judging with how every prospective scene has been handled thus far, I expect it likely the dev will keep that up.... including with the girl from the dream, when we interact with her IRL.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just genuinely do not understand why a dream sequence has people so bent out of shape for being an "unavoidable scene."
I suppose it's just the principal. The dream implies character attraction that the player themselves might not hold. But if that is just the plot, not much you can do. As long as the dev allows for ample space to break off from that path of course.

Oct 8, 2018
How is "a scene where you have sex and "meet" a mysterious woman important for the story" different than "a scene where a college boy wakes up and goes to college the first time" when both have no choice?

If that scene were later in the game without the player having a say in it you might be correct.
But here the scene "simply" is a variation of an intro to the story like almost all other VN's have. It's "only" that this intro contains sex.

If you resent not skippable scenes so much you apparently have to hate 99.995% of the VN's on this forum alone.
Wtf are you talking about? Did you quote the wrong person? I don't play 99% of the vns on this forum since 99% of the vns on this forum are shit.

• Angry
Reactions: Brannon

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The first scene turns out to be a dream, so if I'm not excited about having to give points to a girl I don't know who she is, even less so if it's during a dream. Which means that we either have the scene giving points to the "LI?" or we have the same without giving them. I'm annoyed enough to don't give them, to skip the scene (rather not watch it much, because skipping it isn't possible) and make sure that I never give her points.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Ive just finish playing now. Such a good game. The Renders are really good and the end i wasnt expecting. This is going on a good path

Reactions: VOYEUR
4.30 star(s) 77 Votes