4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Seems like the only reason this thread managed to stay alive for this long without an update or news about an update was because of people complaining and the subsequent contrarians.
Although, it also seems like even that's starting to die down. It's kinda sad. I had high expectations for this game.
Oh well, if an update ever does come out then I'd be pleasantly surprised. If it doesn't, it is what it is since I didn't sink any money into this anyway.

Edit: But hey, you never know. I just saw an update for maybe the 5th game this year that just came back from the dead out of nowhere ("dead" meaning abandoned or just hasn't updated in over a year). It's been a crazy year so far.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
can we slap an abandoned tag on this yet? No point dragging it out
Why? It's only nine months since release. Some devs are slow for some reasons. That doesn't mean it's abandoned. There are many more games here with way more time between updates. Just don't pay on Patreon for it if it's not worth to you. If you don't pay the tags can't bother you.

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
Why? It's only nine months since release. Some devs are slow for some reasons. That doesn't mean it's abandoned. There are many more games here with way more time between updates. Just don't pay on Patreon for it if it's not worth to you. If you don't pay the tags can't bother you.
Abandoned tags roll around when 3 months have passed with no communication from the creator. In like a week or so we'll make another 2 months of no communication (at least in Patron and F95, I don't know how much he communicates in the Discord), so maybe its what the other guy is talking about.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think there is a single VN that I follow that has a less then 3-6 month update cycle.
My Dorm has a roughly 1 month update cycle.
And the updates are not tiny either.

But yeah, the vast majority of AVNs I follow lies in that 3-6 month window as well.
Some even longer or "came back from the dead".

Reactions: doodle27

doodle27

Feb 16, 2020
Uhuh, so I see no reason to be calling out for Abandoned tags yet after 2 months.
Again, sure, Dev could communicate a bit more, but at least they are semi active on discord...

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
So I dunno why you guys are saying this is abandoned, I don't think there is a single VN that I follow that has a less then 3-6 month update cycle.
Uhuh, so I see no reason to be calling out for Abandoned tags yet after 2 months.
People are saying "its abandoned" due to the communication rather than the updates. I believe if there is no word from the creator on F95 or Patreon in 3 months, it is given the abandoned tag, and since its been 2 months since any official message, that's probably why.

I think its totally fine for developers to take as much time as they want, I myself follow games like Eternum and Pale Carnations that take months between updates, and of course the infamous Being A Dik with its yearly updates at this point.

The difference is the developers of those games regularly post progress reports and messages talking about the development. Also they have tons of content already out, Acquainted has yet to receive a single update since its release.

I'm not saying it isn't justified, as I can see in the Discord message the dev is having real life problems travelling, as well as issues with his work he mentioned in a prior message.

Hope the best for the developer, but some messages on Patreon or even comments in this forum saying "Hey, the development is taking a bit more time, real life problems just keep appearing, don't worry the game is still alive" would go a long way.

In the last progress report on Patreon (which you can see in the message below) he mentioned he was aiming to release the game early May. Another quick message saying: "Hey, can't meet that deadline" is better than literally no communication, as was the case.

View attachment 2501224
[Tier I+][ACQ. CH. 2] Progress Report #6
Hi

First of all sorry for being awol for a month. I am still alive (at least for now) and here's how things are rn:

Q. How's the progress?
Making progress and getting closer. I'm working on patching and rendering whenever I have some free time. As of now, the numbers look like this:
Post-worked: ~350
Rendered: ~620
Animations: 6 (~500 frames)
Coding: ~500 lines (added a new feature )

Q. Any release dates yet?
I expect it to be in late April or early May (keeping my fingers crossed ).

Q. Where were you last month?
I apologize for being gone without notice. There are several reasons, the main one being my real-life job. Layoffs have become very common here in the tech space, and unfortunately, some of my teammates were affected. As a result, I have had to work long hours, sometimes 13-14 hours a day, for almost two months now. However, things are improving, and we just completed a release that went live this weekend, so I hope to return to my normal workload soon.

Q. Will the release cycle always be this long?
No; tbh, I am considering quitting my job once I complete my two-year commitment here (which should be around May). As many of you are aware, I have faced several challenges in the past six months, but imma do my best to push updates more quickly.

Q. Any previews?
Editing some renders; will post soon :)

Q. Why is your timeline full of wallpapers?
Well, most of them are the customs for tier VI patrons; not wallpapers, but since many are not a fan of it, I'm thinking of only posting them on discord's #yuno-art channel. Monthly wallpapers and progress updates will continue on patreon ofc.

Q. More questions?
Feel free to text me here or on discord, I'll try to answer them asap.

Thanks again for all of your patience and support during this time.

XO.

doodle27

Feb 16, 2020
Fully agree that the dev should do more progress reports, but just saying, people also need to calm down a bit, I see it so much on here.
Literally seen an update come out for a game and 2 weeks later: "when is the next update?!".
Like seriously? Come on...

And yeah BaDIK is pretty bad, but it has nothing on Halfway House ;) holy crap.
Doesn't help though that those devs are doing it all on their own (not sure if that's the case for this game), plus they are aiming for higher quality then some other VN's, which is going to cost extra render time.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
People are saying "its abandoned" due to the communication rather than the updates. I believe if there is no word from the creator on F95 or Patreon in 3 months, it is given the abandoned tag, and since its been 2 months since any official message, that's probably why.

I think its totally fine for developers to take as much time as they want, I myself follow games like Eternum and Pale Carnations that take months between updates, and of course the infamous Being A Dik with its yearly updates at this point.

The difference is the developers of those games regularly post progress reports and messages talking about the development. Also they have tons of content already out, Acquainted has yet to receive a single update since its release.

I'm not saying it isn't justified, as I can see in the Discord message the dev is having real life problems travelling, as well as issues with his work he mentioned in a prior message.

Hope the best for the developer, but some messages on Patreon or even comments in this forum saying "Hey, the development is taking a bit more time, real life problems just keep appearing, don't worry the game is still alive" would go a long way.

In the last progress report on Patreon (which you can see in the message below) he mentioned he was aiming to release the game early May. Another quick message saying: "Hey, can't meet that deadline" is better than literally no communication, as was the case.
Yep, you got the gist of it. At least if there are something post, people will know the project is still on going. There is also no track record for this dev, hence people are asking. Even if it's a one liner, game delayed is good enough

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Literally seen an update come out for a game and 2 weeks later: "when is the next update?!".
That can be seen in two ways.
First as you interpreted it as ignorance and impatience.
Second as a compliment to the dev. The "I can't wait to see more!!!" variety.

Lapanna

Feb 26, 2023
Any release dates yet?
I expect it to be in late April or early May (keeping my fingers crossed ).

there may be not being able to finish when agreed but at least inform

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Fully agree that the dev should do more progress reports, but just saying, people also need to calm down a bit, I see it so much on here.

And yeah BaDIK is pretty bad, but it has nothing on Halfway House ;) holy crap.
Doesn't help though that those devs are doing it all on their own (not sure if that's the case for this game), plus they are aiming for higher quality then some other VN's, which is going to cost extra render time.
Yea, I think Yuno is just one dude. Like 99% sure. Who knows whether there's any extra help?
Also you sure you're not just seeing Borgia hassling all the devs because I see that dude on every thread if a game takes longer than 6 months lololol. (just joking)

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes