4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I'm thinking the same along those lines. I think he had some expectation of how much more work creating a whole-ass game (writing/storyboarding, soundtrack, coding, game mechanics, etc.) would be compared to just doing renders but it still got the best of him when his day job and working on the game clashed.

Although, I don't think it's a matter of being burned out or stuck. I think it's more of trying to find the happy balance between his real life and this. I'm just going based off of a previous post from Patreon that ended up here but I genuinely think he just struggled from being a hobbyist to being a game dev with Patreons(patrons? whatever) who highly anticipate further installments. I just feel like I can empathize with devs who just do this part-time more than devs who do it full-time. I can imagine keeping that balance is difficult and something had to give. He has his priorities. Most part-time devs are probably basically only working on their games in what free time they have. That's just not something a normal person can do unless they really, really want to do it. His misstep was probably just giving Patreon supporters a simple heads-up about how busy he was and maybe even pausing Patreon for the time being. That would have taken away a lot of the ammo.

It doesn't mean he's milking things but it doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence that this will game will continue in the long-run. I don't really understand too much of the ire against him but I just think it's pretty disappointing how things turned out since this game has a lot of potential.

Edit: Also, hey it's been a while. I'll see you again when Ep 10 comes out in what I'm guessing will be sometime in the end of this year or when I get around to finally finish my playthroughs. :p:cry:
It seems to me that this is a trap for a novice developer. He cannot spend all his time on Patreon because the income from the game does not cover the cost of living and he has to work, thereby devoting less time to development. And if development is slow, it's hard to attract new subscribers, which is important when releasing early episodes to give the game a good start.
As for Episode 10, you know what game, I think it's coming soon. 2-3 months.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
It seems to me that this is a trap for a novice developer. He cannot spend all his time on Patreon because the income from the game does not cover the cost of living and he has to work, thereby devoting less time to development. And if development is slow, it's hard to attract new subscribers, which is important when releasing early episodes to give the game a good start.
I'll be back in 2-3 months then. You owe me a beer if you're wrong.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yea, it's a real Catch-22. Although ... it seems like a lot of things in life require one to break through that threshold in order to attain success. Hopefully Yuno can achieve it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
You are correct.
This is a forum thread to talk about the game.
NOT to bitch about the dev, but that is the vast majority of the last roughly dozen pages.

Almost every post about "Yuno is a Milker!!!!" is expressing hatred.
To be fair, we are two months shy of a year since the last update. If the patreon is still gathering monthly donations...it's milking when 10 months come and go, without concrete activity.

Yea, it's a real Catch-22. Although ... it seems like a lot of things in life require one to break through that threshold in order to attain success. Hopefully Yuno can achieve it.
The solution there, is don't release ANYTHING until you have substantive content, vs a proof of concept.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
;)

What plot lines were so engaging that this keeps going?

It's like the dude has literal magic in a bottle...wow.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
So this game will be biting the dust soon too...

Man so much of these AVN where people are all like "man the renders are awesome" and "all the girls are hot" end up getting abandoned 90% of the time,

Offcuts
Reincarnotica
Corruption time
Chains of Pleasure
Areas of Gray
AOA academy
Come Inside
Rise to the top (best sex scene animations of any VN I've seen)

These are just some of the ones I remember

This game is also most likely ending up Abandoned in 2 months.

I just hope Summer Heat and Red Lucy don't end up in this Abandoned graveyard.
Also Primal Instinct and the other one that dev abandoned. Although, he was pretty upfront about it. "I want x amount of Patreon supporters or I'm going to stop" or something along those lines.
Nah I don't think Summer Heat or Red Lucy will end up like that. That's just people overreacting about increasing dev times between each update. It's always good to have some skepticsm but they're still pretty far off from showing telltale signs of a dev just checking out.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
The solution there, is don't release ANYTHING until you have substantive content, vs a proof of concept.
Well yea, duh. Lol. Still, I could argue most devs want to just put out what they have and gauge interest so they can decide whether to continue. It'd be a bitch if you put years into something for it to just flop with nothing to show for it. Not saying it's a sound idea but I'm just guessing the reasoning.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Well yea, duh. Lol. Still, I could argue most devs want to just put out what they have and gauge interest so they can decide whether to continue. It'd be a bitch if you put years into something for it to just flop with nothing to show for it. Not saying it's a sound idea but I'm just guessing the reasoning.

I understand that, but to ex[pect people to support you with monthly donatiopns "for years", for a single title that probably stand about a 90% statistic shot at being abandon, is patently absurd. A meager $5/m in support = $60/yr for what? 4 years? $240 for a title that most likely will never be finished? I dont follow why any consumer would pay that, for what is had in return.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
The game has had 1 release. I don't know what would even qualify as a hot take other than maybe "this game's visuals are shit". (No I don't actually believe this)

Either that or "This game is never seeing the finish line" (wouldn't surprise me if this happens)

IMO the only thing this game has going for it so far is the fantastic visuals. But again, it's only had 1 release, so who knows.
It was a long time ago since I've played this, but I don't recall if I only had 1 release when playing it though.

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
Will your game be updated or is this project abandoned?
Here's the most recent progress report, renders aren't finished and coding hasn't started so I wouldn't expect an update soon.

Despite my previous messages being gloomy about the game, I wish the dev the best and hope real-life gets better so development goes as the dev intends.

View attachment 2655791
Hey there

Will keep this one brief.

I'm still not at the finish line, and it's not a great feeling knowing you won't be able to deliver on time :(
Last month, I completed approximately 50 additional renders and post-processed around 75. However, there hasn't been much progress on the coding front.

As for the release date, I had initially mentioned May, but since it has already passed, I won't commit to a new specific date just yet. I would like to hear your thoughts on whether it would be fair to pause the Patreon support, considering that I still don't have a final release date to share. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section.

On another note, I've attached Kos's customs from last month to keep you guys umm........ occupied?

as always, my DMs are open.

Until next time *waves*
Take care!

XO.

otronegro

Jan 24, 2020
I know this guys brand is excellent renders quality and he's certainly talent on that regard but as per his last report if he can put out only 50 renders a month then this project is hopeless and he should go back to custom renders or other forms of making money because this will take 30 years to complete.

We are on the first release and he's already talking about pausing pledges, it's not sustainable for him or subscribers to keep up like this.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I know this guys brand is excellent renders quality and he's certainly talent on that regard but as per his last report if he can put out only 50 renders a month then this project is hopeless and he should go back to custom renders or other forms of making money because this will take 30 years to complete.

We are on the first release and he's already talking about pausing pledges, it's not sustainable for him or subscribers to keep up like this.
Hope springs eternal.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
What's the first, most exciting thing that hooks people to this game?

The discussion keeps going.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I understand that, but to ex[pect people to support you with monthly donatiopns "for years", for a single title that probably stand about a 90% statistic shot at being abandon, is patently absurd. A meager $5/m in support = $60/yr for what? 4 years? $240 for a title that most likely will never be finished? I dont follow why any consumer would pay that, for what is had in return.
Yea I for sure get that. On Patreon, you're not really donating to a specific game and it's more like you're donating for the dev/artist's "vision". That foundation is too iffy for me personally for me to just go ahead and do that.

I feel pretty conflicted about Patreon. It was a shaky idea of crowd-funding creators in perpetuity that I really don't think was supposed to be scaled to an entire business model. I believe in the purest sense it was supposed to be "I like what this person does, I want to show support in some direct monetary fashion so this person can keep doing it" that bypassed merchandise sales or ad revenue and directly "contributed" funds to the creator. Sounds great on paper but ... idk. Once you see people just raking in thousands or in rare cases hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's hard for people not to see it as some product to be exchanged for money. It's a system that gave more freedom to the creator but at the same time was made a little distorted once people made entire business models off of it. At that point, it stops being "patron" and "artist" and rather "consumer" and "product". It's a lot of blurred lines and I'm not a fan of that.

Which is why I just try to establish a clear line in the sand myself and that's only for devs who I like and deliver bangers on a consistent basis. Just read my other reply to the other guy, I don't feel like writing it out again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bnshy and dmmt

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
What's the first, most exciting thing that hooks people to this game?

The discussion keeps going.
For me it was that I found every character model to be attractive. There was not one I didn't find visually appealing. (Except maybe the streamer character) Especially Paris. Even if this game never gets another update this year, she gets Bad Bitch of The Year award just based off the character model. I mean damn, Yuno definitely has a sense for what's aesthetically pleasing for most guys. It's like over the years, he just gathered information on what people like, "Hmm yes I see: long hair pushed back, freckles, dark red hair, pouty lips, looking-right-through-you model stare"

Other than that, the MC didn't seem like the regular spineless character with 2 brain cells to rub together. As for the female characters, you could definitely say this is just some unrealistic fantasy where every female character wants to hop on the MC's dick but on the flipside you usually just get a bunch of teasing and leading on where the MC is just being pushed around. You could say that at least these characters show clear interest in the MC and they just fucking go for it.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 77 Votes