4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
It's probably more like in that limbo state where the dev is active just enough on Patreon for it to not be tagged with "abandoned" but taking long enough for people to doubt any work is being done on it at all.

I've seen a few solo devs take a really long time to update and infrequent status reports but they eventually get it out. On the flipside, I've also seen ones that just kind of slowly ghost the project. That's why I'm considering this another one of those "limbo" status ones. Too soon to tell for sure. (Or more like we'll know when we know. The game is both alive and dead until either an update comes out or the abandoned tag is slapped on)

At the end of the day, even if Yuno gets an update out you should probably use that as a rule of thumb for how long he's going to take for each update. At this rate, maybe it'll be like 1 update per year if we're lucky.

For a new game, that pace is pretty much just being dead in the water. Virtually dead. Which is fine if he wants to just do this on the side as a hobby but not really if he wants to do this full-time eventually.
That will not yield enough supporters for him. Trust is something very fragile...Very few people would want to support something like this financially if an update takes more than a year.

hydrang3a

Nov 11, 2021
That will not yield enough supporters for him. Trust is something very fragile...Very few people would want to support something like this financially if an update takes more than a year.
I don't think so, people would support the game if they knew it would take more than a year.

But as you say, trust is fragile. In previous progress reports, Yuno said the update would come end of April/May, then it became June... and here we are.

People won't support him any time soon because of empty promises, the fact its the follow-up update to the release of the game and it taking almost a year... is another issue itself.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
As it was previously mentioned in this thread Yuno is known in the artists community but he obviously suffers from the same "making a game is not that hard ..." trap.
Meaning if he still works on the game he for absolutely sure has underestimated the workload, overestimated his abilities and ignored the fact that perfectionism is the absolute worst trait for a developer.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Well, yea. That's why I said it's pretty much dead in the water and that it's fine if he just wants to do this as a hobby on the side. There might actually be people who still fork over money (I wouldn't be surprised) but I doubt it'd amount to anything substantial even just for beer money.
It really would essentially just come down to him doing it as a hobby. You get it? You picking up what I'm laying down? I swear I always try to explain myself properly.

"For a new game, that pace is pretty much just being dead in the water. Virtually dead. Which is fine if he wants to just do this on the side as a hobby but not really if he wants to do this full-time eventually. " - This is what I said.

Reactions: StingerWolf

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
Glad I never got into this game. It always had that..."I'll never be completed" ya know? Just screamed Abandoned tag is my only future like the majority of VNs with extremely good renders that pop up.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
when reaching to August 18th will the game have abandoned tag? because its when the game was released and dev log dont count to not have that tag right?
They are pretty active, and posting about the update, so probably not, but they could..... It's still being worked on, but when an update happens who knows.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
when reaching to August 18th will the game have abandoned tag? because its when the game was released and dev log dont count to not have that tag right?
they arent active because its already 2 months there is no dev update.
I think you've misinterpreted the rules?
Abandoned: used in the following cases:
- After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts
- No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
The last Patreon/SS update was May 28, so they have until at least August 28 before the first condition is met. If Yuno has been active on discord or twitter talking about development in public channels then perhaps even longer (I can't access either platform so can't tell).

The last game release was 2022-08-18, so they have until 2024-02-18 until the second second condition is met.

Reactions: sava75

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
so basically he can abuse and never release the game and only post dev updates.
Technically he can, in terms of patreon: just like infamous devs devs like icstor, ttll, henissart he can simply keep his patreon page up collect the money without release anything. But here, as Meushi said, if the game reach 18 months or so without a new update the abandoned tag will be added doesn't matter if he keep posting progress reports.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
so basically he can abuse and never release the game and only post dev updates.
Does it matter that much? Barely anyone even bothers to comment here. Even if it was marked abandoned it doesn't change anything, they still have 201 Patreons and making $712 a month, and who knows on SS even without any help from here.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Does it matter that much? Barely anyone even bothers to comment here. Even if it was marked abandoned it doesn't change anything, they still have 201 Patreons and making $712 a month, and who knows on SS even without any help from here.
I'm pretty sure it's just him. I don't think it's a team of devs working on this. Which means it's just one guy taking 700 bucks a month.

4.30 star(s) 77 Votes