4.30 star(s) 77 Votes

Vexton

May 11, 2017
I'm all for it but what's the point? Patreon will keep subbing and nothing will change. This is a pirate forum
I'm not here to make a quarrel, so please take the following as no offence.
Devs come here, register, make a request to own a thread, and by their free will share their own content; or some members grab the free post patreon links and share here. This is very far from piracy. Even if many members are happy to say that.
If somebody would take a un/finished release exclusive to paying users, workaround a DRM when applied, and make that here available, that would be piracy - but I don't see it happening for the game.

I suggest to use correct terms when it's applicable, otherwise you will drive yourself to unnecessary confusion, and with some chance others too.

This is a friendly heads-up.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Devs come here, register, make a request to own a thread, and by their free will share their own content; or some members grab the free post patreon links and share here. This is very far from piracy. Even if many members are happy to say that.
If somebody would take a un/finished release exclusive to paying users, workaround a DRM when applied, and make that here available, that would be piracy - but I don't see it happening for the game.

I suggest to use correct terms when it's applicable, otherwise you will drive yourself to unnecessary confusion, and with some chance others too.

No, that's a pirate forum.

Not every dev register on this forum and share their work for free. Just look at the huge amount of Japanese games that are fully available here for free even if there's no public version of them. I'm pretty sure those devs would say that F95 members are pirates.

Moreover, a lot of devs that are registered on F95 are willing to share their work only because they know piracy isn't avoidable.

They wouldn't care about F95 if they could avoid piracy and make everybody pay for their game.

Since they can't, at least they can make use of the community to advertise their game and hope that some of the players will pay.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

Name me 10 devs that give their game here as fast as it's out for the highest tier patreon pledge.
And no, when you see the game update here like maybe badik or eternum, dev didn't do it.

Reactions: Joshy92

Vexton

May 11, 2017
No, that's a pirate forum.

Not every dev register on this forum and share their work for free. [...]
What different communities thinks to be piracy, usually hardly match. However, staying on-topic for this game, free content is being shared here, that I wouldn't consider to cause any real harm. Keeping to my initial reaction, this game to be considered abandoned and the site getting classified as pirate forum by anyone, is not truly related - but letting this idea floating as it is, may cause a variety of misconcept. Should this forum be a mainstream, really piracy focused site, it would see an end vary fast. Also, if the members start to interact his site as a primary pirate forum, that will really shape it into that - as far as the maintainers go with it. That said I believe this branching discussion should not go too much further, I will aim to not fuel a fire, but to keep it in only for fair discussion.

[...]
Just look at the huge amount of Japanese games that are fully available here for free even if there's no public version of them. I'm pretty sure those devs would say that F95 members are pirates.
Moreover, a lot of devs that are registered on F95 are willing to share their work only because they know piracy isn't avoidable.

They wouldn't care about F95 if they could avoid piracy and make everybody pay for their game.

Since they can't, at least they can make use of the community to advertise their game and hope that some of the players will pay.
Yes and no.
I'm not sure what rate do Japanese game developers consider non-APAC countries as target audience, but based on how many cases we need emulators and 3rd party translations, I believe their game was rarely intended to be available for the users here. Those cases, where basicly it would be impossible to get to know about, acquire, and play a game, I believe the classic understanding of piracy is not applicable.

Piracy being unavoidable, that I certainly reject - but both are true:
- if dev/s want to create a game with low piracy potential, that will be always less popular than any other, and rightfully feels counterproductive versus the case where they can reach out to everyone... even to those who can't or don't want to pay for their creation, by any un/reasonable justification.
- dev/s working themselves on spreading a game is their own decision. I do not say it is easy. However it feels incorrect to say that it is pirated if they free-willingly come here and provide the free content of their own game. What part of this action did a member do piracy? As long as this practice is around, I wouldn't call the forum to be a pirate site just because it also includes cases of practical piracy.

"If they could avoid..." They could. Seriously not easy and straightforward, therefore it is not for 1-or-2-man-armies, but I believe this is no good thread to go into content-delivery-networks, engines, web/client deployments, auth2 techs, DRMs, marketing and nearby topics. Actually with just a moment of brainstorming, Stadia type of access could be an interesting way to go (yes, Stadia is down for good, but not the concept).

Name me 10 devs that give their game here as fast as it's out for the highest tier patreon pledge.
And no, when you see the game update here like maybe badik or eternum, dev didn't do it.
Only for the respect of reply: I do not ignore your comment, but I intend not to feed flames (meaning as forum activity).

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Abandoned. Just put the fucking tag already.
Apply for a mod position and do it yourself. It's not that hard.
Only for the respect of reply: I do not ignore your comment, but I intend not to feed flames (meaning as forum activity).
Man almost everyone here knows this is piracy and they don't care. Just don't try to be something else.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
From what I remember, one of the last progress updates the dev gave had the games next update as almost done right? I wonder if we are getting another AOA Academy scenario, where it suddenly gets abandoned on the brink of the new update releasing. I think AOA was actually already done when the entire thing was killed without explanation.

• Sad
Reactions: Cernunnos.
4.30 star(s) 77 Votes