Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
DrPinkCake posted
Status update Episode 6

Time for a weekly status update.

First of all, welcome to all new patrons! I'm very thrilled to see the high level of support from you all!

During the past week I've had split focus on producing still renders and animations.

The current progress of Episode 6 is:
- 3300 lines of script has been written
- 239 renders are completed
- 10 animations are completed

I'm aiming for about 5000 lines of script for this episode; about the same length as Episode 5. I don't have an estimate on animations or renders left to do, yet. Judging by my previous standards, I'd say the total progress is 25%.

As this and the remaining Episodes will include more and more story branches, the episode length may feel slightly shorter than usual for a single playthrough, but the same amount of content will be there under the hood. That is the drawback of doing story branches and deviating from the main story, but the upside is that your choices in the game will have a larger impact.

I'm very stoked for what's to come in the three remaining episodes! It finally feels like I'm about to show you all what I've been planning from day 1 of this project.

Starting next week I will begin to post preview renders for +$10 and +$15 patrons. I haven't been able to do this, thus far, due to spoiler reasons.

On another note, upon request from patrons, I have added a new Patron tier that is Discord reward based and limited to 10 patrons. I thought I'd have more time to announce this tier in this post, but now there are only 2 spots left. The new tier gives instant access to special preview rooms in the Discord, that also are attainable through staying an active member on that server. The tier also grants you a role title of choice on the server.

Cheers!

Dr PinkCake
When new updated

TastySnickers

Aug 14, 2017
I am the only one who dislikes Liam more and more with each update? Like I understand having rare and scary disease that will most certainly be your end must suck big time, but not answering the phone when Megan needs help? If something bad happens to her I will hold both him and the drunk step-dad responsible.

TastySnickers

Aug 14, 2017
Depending on your choices he answers the phone.
I know he answers it if you are his BFF or whatever. But calling yourself a good friend and not answering the phone when someone really needs your help is a kinda shit thing to do right? Like I said if the stupid drunk step-dad does something really bad like molesting Megan, I will ignore Liam till the rest of the game. Maybe get rid of him if MrCake makes some kind of choice for him. My 2 cents of rant for a fictional character :D

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
not answering the phone when someone really needs your help
Must've missed the part where Liam is a psychic and knows why you're calling without answering the phone.

Dude's fuckin' beat from having cancer and chemo and shit and his phone starts ringing in the middle of the night. If you've been a good friend to him, he answers even though all he probably wants to do is pass out and sleep. If you haven't been a good friend, then he doesn't feel like answering the phone.

EDIT: Besides which, all that shit doesn't go down until AFTER the MC tries to call him. MC is only calling to tell him all about the Ana shit. Shit that definitely does not require an immediate face-to-face, but Liam (if he answers the phone) is still willing to drag his cancer-ridden ass out of bed in the middle of the night to go check on you and make sure you're doing okay.

Dude ain't even real and he's a better friend than most people will ever have.

InsulinPump

Aug 22, 2018
I personaly was never a Fan from Liam, don´t like people who think the are the funniest with there childish shit ;)
Truth be told, I initially found him annoying until he gave MC the heads up about the two club girls joining the weekend cabin trip. Backstory about college and post-Ana and the Lymphoma turned it around for me regarding Liam.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
I personaly was never a Fan from Liam, don´t like people who think the are the funniest with there childish shit ;)
You take the bad with the good.

You can read this two ways: either Jonas has the same ridiculous, childish sense of humor that Liam does, or he's simply learned to accept that this is how his best friend is - that Liam is prone to bursts of extreme ridiculousness from time to time but that the good parts of their relationship make up for the occasional annoyances and frustrations.

Personally, I happen to think it's mostly the latter. And I also happen to think it's certainly a viable way to maintain a friendship. People don't have to agree on everything in order to be "compatible," personality-wise. For a lot of folks, it's enough simply to know that while you may disagree on some stuff (like when something should be handled seriously and when it's ok to joke around) at the end of the day, if that other person will come through for you when the chips are down, that's good enough.

So maybe Jonas is the more serious type. Maybe Liam's the kind of guy that has to poke fun at everything. Maybe that causes some friction between the two of them. But "Oh, you're failing out of school? I'll tutor you." - "Your wife cheated on you and you feel like shit? I'll be there to keep your spirits up." - "You have a potentially terminal disease and you don't want to spend what may be the last few days of your life alone? I've got you covered." Everything else pales in comparison.

B

BigWamanHunter

You take the bad with the good.

You can read this two ways: either Jonas has the same ridiculous, childish sense of humor that Liam does, or he's simply learned to accept that this is how his best friend is - that Liam is prone to bursts of extreme ridiculousness from time to time but that the good parts of their relationship make up for the occasional annoyances and frustrations.

Personally, I happen to think it's mostly the latter. And I also happen to think it's certainly a viable way to maintain a friendship. People don't have to agree on everything in order to be "compatible," personality-wise. For a lot of folks, it's enough simply to know that while you may disagree on some stuff (like when something should be handled seriously and when it's ok to joke around) at the end of the day, if that other person will come through for you when the chips are down, that's good enough.

So maybe Jonas is the more serious type. Maybe Liam's the kind of guy that has to poke fun at everything. Maybe that causes some friction between the two of them. But "Oh, you're failing out of school? I'll tutor you." - "Your wife cheated on you and you feel like shit? I'll be there to keep your spirits up." - "You have a potentially terminal disease and you don't want to spend what may be the last few days of your life alone? I've got you covered." Everything else pales in comparison.
The relationship between liam and mc kinda reminds me of Kakashi Hatake and Might Guy when I think about it.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes