Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
pretty amazing mix between the bitterness and sweetness of the story. I just hope there is a way for Liam to survive, because this guy is sympathic as f.
I hear cancer is a really kind disease that sometimes lets it's victims live long and healthy lives especially those that have been told treatment is no longer working and it's spread too much, it's awesome like that.

With less sarcasm, he's dead, he's dead as fuck, he's so dead he's almost on his way to get Freddie Mercury's autograph.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
And let Liam in there too since I mean the guy deserves something like that before he dies (if he does)[/SPOILER]
Yeah, he can wipe everyone down considering his dick doesn't work he'd be the least useful person in an orgy.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
I hear cancer is a really kind disease that sometimes lets it's victims live long and healthy lives especially those that have been told treatment is no longer working and it's spread too much, it's awesome like that.

With less sarcasm, he's dead, he's dead as fuck, he's so dead he's almost on his way to get Freddie Mercury's autograph.
Actually my step father's sister in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer 30 years ago and is still alive and fighting strong, it is rare but does happen. It is dependant on the cancer it's location and it's malignancy. He could go into remission, as cancer is one of those diseases you are never 'cured' from.

Reactions: F1Fan and botc76

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
Investment.

Here you have people invested in those 2 girls, some of them don't care about the MC. I'm a lesbian, I don't care if he ends up with the love of his life or nose dives off a bridge hetero love lives aren't exactly my forte. I only play this for the story and the characters.

This episode has ended the dynamic between 2 characters which was one of my only reasons for playing.

Of course i didn't stop watching Deadpool 2 when his wife died, I watched those movies for the over the top comedic action.

Now for the cynic in me. You take 2 characters that have known each other from childhood and give one of the the shittest life possible but a friend that makes up for everything and it makes for a heartwarming story. Now end 2 episodic content drops on cliffhangers with one that could be the ultimate tragedy in a life full of tragedies and in a strange twist of fate it stops being tragic and feels more forced in an effort to try and squeeze tragedy in just for the sake of having something tragic happen.

It's a tragic travesty. There is such a thing as too much drama and when you take one character who's entire life has been drama filled and keep piling it on it kills emotional investment because, as with all things, you need a carrot as well as the stick and all Melissa has is the stick. Unless you've picked her there is no carrot and no point getting emotionally invested in her friendships or character because she's literally just there to be the devs whipping post in a "look how bad this girls life is ... lets see how much worse we can get it" with an ending that shows no other possible outcome.

My emotional investment was to see where the 2 friends went at the end of it all and see Melissa finally find happiness as he best friend finds love which is now lost for drama's sake.

My extremely long winded point is, my reason for playing is about to literally go up in smoke, I have very little reason to play a future update. I can't get the outcome I wanted regardless of what happens and i'm tired of seeing Melissa get nothing but the stick. As I said, it's just too much drama for the sake of it.

I'm not saying the dev shouldn't have done it, it's his game and people love drama i'm saying don't be shocked at people quitting. You potentially remove a reason people play the game it gives them less reason to stick around.
Quite the answer but well spoken. I dont agree with the tragic travesty however, the MC's life hasnt been an entire life of drama. He had a bad break up with Ana, took years to recover, found out liam got cancer and now has to chose between his love interest(s) and her childhood friend to save one or the other.

Btw few years ago i hit a stroke of bad luck, and it was just shit after shit after shit happening and it was a rough patch in my life. A lot of bad stuff can happen in a short period of time, mostly it doesnt but it can.

I understand ur viewpoint and if i was in ur shoes id probably feel the same. But are u gonna tell me everyone who said they wnted to quit the game because of the ending, dont care about the mc and/or love both Megan and Melissa so much that a choice is impossible to make and would ruin the entire game for them? Im nt saying u have to like the decision but cmon u have to make some tough choices in RL and pretty sure everyone here has done so, this is just a game. surely most of us are able to handle it?

On top of that it isnt even certain that one of them will die...

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018

The fact that this comment made me laugh is equally amazing and disturbing.

SmokinDragon

Oct 12, 2017
After Episode 5, I was on the fence about this game, now my opinion has solidified. I agree with a number of previous posters that the developer has let bad writing practices creep into the game. Instead of the characters driving the plot, it seems that the plot twists the behaviour of the characters and their actions to whatever is needed for the plot to include as much drama as possible. It doesn't feel natural anymore, it feels forced.

I might check it out when its done, but until then I am out of here.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
To dismiss a story (and a good one imo) just because it has sad/drama/tragedy elements in it, seems a bit smallminded to me (apologies to anyone who feels offended, its nt my intention).
From my perspective, you're the one dismissing all the criticisms when you strawman and misrepresent them in this manner. I've gone through a lot of this thread since the 0.5 update, and I've seen many good constructive comments that argue how the initial tone clashes negatively with the high drama, and how a lot of the conflict feels too "forced" due -- in large part -- to the sometimes disconnected and missing events in the story being told. I can't remember anyone saying it was bad simply because it was "sad", and nothing more. So don't worry, you're not offending anyone, because the person you are criticizing doesn't exist.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All that said, I still find the story and characters great, and I'm interested in seeing how this ends. That doesn't mean it's perfect, or that it couldn't be improved significantly in areas that would make it legendary. Liam's story is very touching and funny and deep, while the female relationships are very enticing and emotional as well. There's a lot to love about this story and its execution.

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
From my perspective, you're the one dismissing all the criticisms when you strawman and misrepresent them in this manner. I've gone through a lot of this thread since the 0.5 update, and I've seen many good constructive comments that argue how the initial tone clashes negatively with the high drama, and how a lot of the conflict feels too "forced" due -- in large part -- to the sometimes disconnected and missing events in the story being told. I can't remember anyone saying it was bad simply because it was "sad", and nothing more. So don't worry, you're not offending anyone, because the person you are criticizing doesn't exist.
Bro chill, there are good and valid reasons nt to play this game, i read a few and i agree with them. i said: to dismiss a story just because it has some sad/drama/tragedy elements in them, is a bit smallminded.

I didnt say everyone who stops playing this game, is because it has some sad/drama/tragedy elements in it and they are smallminded because of it. In this case the one misrepresenting is u.

However if i did make anyone feel that i dismissed their criticisms, misrepresented them. again it was nt my intention and i apologize.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
The problem ends up being the writer advancing the plot via unwanted tonal shifts. This style works for soap operas, especially Mexican ones, but for a fap game? Yeesh.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: RoryTate

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
Omg this ending was so unreal, idk who to save. :D
I did not play to the end.

I just saved at the last choice, and before playing the last two episodes I will look in the forum first.

This thing just felt as tragedy for tragedy's sake for me, very artificial, and frankly I have enough drama in real life.

This was a kick at the time I really did not need one.

So I leave the whole situation in shroedinger's superposition for now, and depending on what is to come, possibly for ever.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
I still think Liam is the linch pin to the whole story. He makes me laugh so much. Still hoping there is a happy ending for someone.

Reactions: Malkovichi
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes