bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016

Walfrid

Jul 15, 2018
I put in a review, but i rarely read those before trying a game, so i want to put something in here too.
This is not the half finished, god i hope it has nice pics and doesn't crash right away, that you may have seen a hundred times.
I was looking for a distraction, what i found is Art.
I, personally, was very happy for the unexpected experience.

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
No disrespect, but that is the worst way you could have ended episode 6...
I get why Pinkcakes did it and it may be hard to take BUT I honestly think it was for the best because <Spoiler Alert> the MC and Megan would move to LA so she could be in the movies and Melissa being the BFF would have to go with them to get away from her Step Father and they all would continue dating each other BUT eventually someone is wanting to get married or get extremely jealous and tensions are going to be hard and then would come the choice again and either choice would leave the other person heartbroken and alone. So the logical choice in the matter was to kill one of them because, in the end, someone was going to be extremely heartbroken.

madbloke

May 4, 2017
I get why Pinkcakes did it and it may be hard to take BUT I honestly think it was for the best because <Spoiler Alert> the MC and Megan would move to LA so she could be in the movies and Melissa being the BFF would have to go with them to get away from her Step Father and they all would continue dating each other BUT eventually someone is wanting to get married or get extremely jealous and tensions are going to be hard and then would come the choice again and either choice would leave the other person heartbroken and alone. So the logical choice in the matter was to kill one of them because, in the end, someone was going to be extremely heartbroken.
Yeah,, I tend to agree with you.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
You do know that some people live the Poly life rather well? It's uncommon but not unheard of. Hell... look into the history of William Marsten.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Here's the lay of it, the dev got tired of making the game so decided to come up with a cop out to end things. Instead of making it more unique with all the options originally provided in the story, you get a mass effect 3 style ending. It's a shitty way to end a story. Why? Because the dev wants to make another game. I only hope they don't do the same thing to that one too considering the dev is obviously talented.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Here's the lay of it, the dev got tired of making the game so decided to come up with a cop out to end things. Instead of making it more unique with all the options originally provided in the story, you get a mass effect 3 style ending. It's a shitty way to end a story. Why? Because the dev wants to make another game. I only hope they don't do the same thing to that one too considering the dev is obviously talented.
Ermm there are two more episodes...

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
............So the logical choice in the matter was to kill one of them because, in the end, someone was going to be extremely heartbroken.
But is anyone dead?
It doesn't seem logical to me because the player has a choice of who to save.
If you can choose Megan or Melissa to be saved then going forward the developers are going to have to maintain two separate story streams, one for each character, and this seems unworkable and unlikely.

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
But is anyone dead?
It doesn't seem logical to me because the player has a choice of who to save.
If you can choose Megan or Melissa to be saved then going forward the developers are going to have to maintain two separate story streams, one for each character, and this seems unworkable and unlikely.
No one is dead yet. That is the whole purpose of choosing whom to save....in the end, someone is coming out of that situation either dead or in a coma or in really bad shape. Obviously, the whole point of choosing one over the other to save is to have two different paths depending on your choice. Besides, there is only going to be 2 Chapters left and it would be easy to do two different paths being the case. "Remember in the end, there can be only one!" ;)

Reactions: xrystyrion

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
No one is dead yet. That is the whole purpose of choosing whom to save....in the end, someone is coming out of that situation either dead or in a coma or in really bad shape. Obviously, the whole point of choosing one over the other to save is to have two different paths depending on your choice. Besides, there is only going to be 2 Chapters left and it would be easy to do two different paths being the case. "Remember in the end, there can be only one!" ;)
Could be someone else saves the other girl, who knows.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
IMHO, Josy is the only one of the four who looks like something close enough to a human being not put together from spare parts from different women by team Frankenstein. Maya may be a close shave as well, there's just not enough of her visible there to be sure.

I have less than zero faith in putting together a perfect girl / woman by the results of several polls of stupid horny teens with zero skill or knowledge in art or human anatomy in general.

It's like an attempt to repeat Buffy The Vampire Slayer S02E02

The general idea seems to be: Let's make that ass big, tits huge and waistline waspish. Add huge eyes and fat lips...
...and you get a monster that does not resemble any woman you've ever seen anywhere but nigtmares or cartoons.

No thanks to collective engineering of a "perfect" woman.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
You do know that the author has pretty much claimed that he had the story completely planned out from the get go, right? I suppose you could not believe him... but I have no reason not to. Heck it very much feels that way to me... even the issues I have seem to come from him feeling like certain plot points HAD to happen, but they didn't flow organically. I believe he also had 8 episodes planned, from the get go. Which again probably contributed to the feeling that I, and others had of the game being rushed. I do not see the evidence of him being burned out. In fact when that happens you rarely see a dev working OVERTIME to get it done. He was sure, for example, that this episode wouldn't be out in October, now it's looking very likely it will be. That's not being tired of making a game.

Of course, that doesn't mean you have to like the story choices, I still maintain the ending was a mistake and I pretty much word-vomited my reasons all over the thread for anyone to see. But that's a very different argument than him purposely putting out a lackluster product to a premature close just to move on to his next title. This isn't Big Brother, for fuck's sake!

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Being burned out and simply not having the interest or motivation to actually follow through on what obviously was being set up for at the beginning are two different states of mind. That's why I called it the "mass effect 3" ending. The talent is there, the energy is there, but the intent to actually follow through isn't or is lost along the way but the effort remains to finish what was started to a limited degree. If the intent had been to have a linear 2 or 3 paths from the start, there was no point in the multiple pathways that were setup. It just basically created nothing but pure confusion and disappointment for alot of people that were interested in the game's story to see what all might come of the different choices along the way. Doesn't matter though now, it'll be one or two more endings that get released in the next 2 updates and all the other possible choices that were teased at which could have led to far more interesting story and character developments weren't just a tease but a taunt. It's why I suspect the next game won't be much different in that regard. Also, please understand I don't hate the game for it or the dev, wonderfully talented as I already mentioned. I just think if there's going to be linear endings, there should be linear paths. If there are broad, non-linear paths then they should lead to broad, non-linear endings.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes