Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
It's great that we can all gather together here and express our views and pick at the nuances of visuals and story, however some are taking this too far. There's a half dozen trolls that are trying to rebut every positive notion and responding with the same general nay saying comment over and over and over again. We get that you dislike what's happened, and you've said so.

Now please keyboard warrior, hold your peace and disregard this thread. There is nothing constructive for you to do here. Dr. PinkCake had already written this story out from the onset, and you're not going to change it at this late stage. I'm sure a civil discussion can be had without flinging feces. *ducks for cover*

Reactions: desmosome

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Thats a bit unfair, the problem with this game is the tonal shift, it wasnt handled well at all despite what some insulting people who consider themselves intellectually superior claim...

That said up till chapter 4 this game was in many people's top 5, to a lot it was their top game ! I believe it was mine as well, that changed when I heard what chapter 5,6 and now 7 were about, now it doesnt even break my top 20...

However DrPinkCake is a pretty decent writer, if he sees his patreons drop due to the shift in this game, maybe for his next game he will make something more universally loved, or from the start warn people what the game will be about (an overview). That way people cant complain when it becomes something they didnt want.

An appropriate name would probably help as well... This game is called Acting Lessons, that alone tells you its Megan's story seen through Jonas's eyes, however I am sure 85% of the fanbase chose to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(she was hotter and more slightly more lovable)... so unless that Shaymalan twist occurs (where it turns out everything was a play) the story isnt about Acting Lessons anymore with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Should have been called "Bad Shit Happens to Good People: Deal with It !"
Problem is, what would that overview be? "The game is about the life of a man that meets a girl on a robbery and how his life develops along her, her friends, and his best friend. And then suddenly everything turns into a shitty soap opera".

I completely agree with you tho, before this unnecesary Shamalamadingdong plot twists, this was one of the better games.

senpaiggss

Donor
Oct 10, 2017
after reading the aftermath of the new update , and that i stopped at the really unpleasant choice i had to do (witch i did not pick any of them and are still together forever in my mind ) i think i'll just drop this game .
not because its bad or anything no, on the contrary i think the dev is a good writer and knows how to create a story that really shook my emotions and that is my reason to dropping it , the sudden curveball that happened might be great for a movie , but not to my liking of a game .
Note : i see this game as a STORY before ADULT game , so i'm not dropping for the lack of fapping .

RereiRaRerena

Aug 25, 2018
Where is the dam tragedy tag? ^_^
Ummm, played this update with this songs by Hiroyuki Sawano in the background, hehehe, fuck me, but the journey was amazing.
-Too Late To Say MODv
-Blue Dragon (Piano & Guitar Version)
-104EYES-inter
Tho, i have to admit that i enjoy it a lot. Hat down to the dev for having the balls to go this route and doing it right.
I saved Missy so everything that came afterward felt very good and real for me. Sadly, i can see it miles away that she is going to die too.
Now, because i also opened Ana route too, is this crazy bitch going to kill her? If she doesn't, then god bless i made the right dam choice. Also anyone that went with the nurse route, did you guys had the same outcome or it went even worse for you? hahahahaha
Now, if you excuse me, im going to play Melody again or something sweet. ^_^
I'm open for recommendations. No need for fap material, just a good and sweet story.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I always thought this VN was very well written, well, now except for the complete change of tone, and, probably, a genre in the last episode. It really doesn't make sense and is too forced. It's also opposed to the otherwise good writing of the previous parts of the story, this sudden twist is kinda badly written, out of nowhere, and not really creatively introduced. It reminds me of detective stories that are produced nowadays, trying to copy the Scandinavian authors, or fantasy stories that are trying to copy G.R.R. Martin (I don't mean thematically, but the wannabe shock value).

Oh, and come on, why wouldn't Jason be able to drag both of them out? They are slim and so much shorter than him, come on, even a couch potato would be able to do it.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Problem is, what would that overview be? "The game is about the life of a man that meets a girl on a robbery and how his life develops along her, her friends, and his best friend. And then suddenly everything turns into a shitty soap opera".

I completely agree with you tho, before this unnecesary Shamalamadingdong plot twists, this was one of the better games.
No, cause he shouldn't give away plot points... more like his new game says something like "This is a story about an average couple dealing with everyday problems as they find themselves slowly being caught in a web of corruption and lies. Expect depressing outcomes, realistic struggles, violence, deaths"

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017
Guess im the only one who is fine with the drama. Not saying that i wouldve loved a polygamous ending but im fine with something like this. Dont necessarily prefer it but im fine with it. I didnt like this game for the whole sex love thing really. Just the story and what's gonna happen next

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Short Story : The Conscience of Dr.Pink.

Angel_final1_logo.jpg "You tried your best, sweety, you have 572 patrons who liked your work. Those mean F95Zone guys are just upset. It will pass, why don't just keep doing what you are doing, you are doing it for those 572 people who support you anyway, aren't you, honeypot?"

Demon_logo.jpg "Why the hell you give a fuck anyway. A bunch of idiots getting judgemental now when they were drooling over it so much that would made Gollum jealous of the thick spitshine layer coating their precious VN just a day ago. Look at them now. Just don't give a shit, don't even screw them.. screw me instead."

"Maybe i should. Lets compromise, girls. I carry on for my patrons... and just don't give a fuck? Sounds good? Thanks girls! ...we'll return to you suggestion later, Evilside..."

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Guess im the only one who is fine with the drama. Not saying that i wouldve loved a polygamous ending but im fine with something like this. Dont necessarily prefer it but im fine with it. I didnt like this game for the whole sex love thing really. Just the story and what's gonna happen next
Don't worry, you're not the only one. The majority enjoys it, but there's always haters and trolls that try to make themselves heard by shouting louder and more often, as to try and skew the opinion their way.

It is definitely NOT what I wanted to happen, but this is not my story. I appreciate the work, effort and creative uniqueness that has been put forth with this project, and applaud Dr PinkCake for giving us this controversial work of art. :winkytongue:

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017
iw
Don't worry, you're not the only one. The majority enjoys it, but there's always haters and trolls that try to make themselves heard by shouting louder and more often, as to try and skew the opinion their way.

It is definitely NOT what I wanted to happen, but this is not my story. I appreciate the work, effort and creative uniqueness that has been put forth with this project, and applaud Dr PinkCake for giving us this controversial work of art. :winkytongue:
i wouldnt exactly call them "Haters". Just very passionate fans that would love this game to go on a different path instead of it's current. I personally like the game but i can see why they wont like it.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
iw

i wouldnt exactly call them "Haters". Just very passionate fans that would love this game to go on a different path instead of it's current. I personally like the game but i can see why they wont like it.
Forgive the forwardness of my labeling to others. It's just the juvenile language and trolling that has earned many that declaration. There are lot's of fans that have not enjoyed the last 2 episodes and they expressed their opinion on the matter and left it at that. I was speaking for a few that are relentless in sharp criticism, yet they stick around for more smearing.

It's one thing to feel disenfranchised by a story after putting so much emotional baggage into it, and another to drag it through the mud because you didn't get exactly what you want. Ultimately, this is the authors work, his soul, and I can understand completely why he was hesitant to put it out there.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes