Bubba56

Jan 1, 2018
For a game that has "this action will have consequences" and "X will remember that" this tops the telltale's walkingdead. I played the whole thing being an ass to the psycho, rejecting her as soon as possible. but no, in chapter 6 she still complains I hadn't called her, and then the dead happens. And the starting traits are pointless.. sure choosing "athletic" you can lift Rena or' meghan during the improv, but in a danger siuation don't even bother, no adrenaline rush, no attempting to lift both...
Just remember how bitter Dr Cake was about people not liking meghan, that's his payback
Jokes on him I let the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not my fault Meghan's model did nothing for me, her cliché ridden personality and story arc didn't help either. Melissa all the way, she just needs to lose the piercing.

greven119

Jun 8, 2018
I don’t mind constructive criticism bud - but I feel people are judging a novice writer as they would a professional screen writer for instance.
If you're being paid for writing something, you're a professional. Whether you're a novice or longtime expert the criticism is going to come and no amount of "but he's new to this" is going to allay criticism.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
At this point happy ending is impossible, all that is left is bunch very broken people. I wonder how many of these Doki doki emulators we will get? Because this kind of abuse gets old quick.
I will get into theory crafting in a few days after all of the hype dies down. There's a few scenarios that could play out, none of which that would make everybody happy...

greven119

Jun 8, 2018
That’s a fair point - but do you think his work should be judged by the same standards as George R R Martin or J K Rowling?
No, of course not. But if the person in question chooses to take their amateur writing skills and then write a soap opera there's going to be criticism. A plot like this one would be hard pressed to be done by someone with more experience. Having a person with little experience doing it is resulting in a variety of issues that someone with more skill wouldn't have. So if they choose to bite off more than they can chew, in people's opinions, then the backlash will be far more harsh than if they stuck to something less over the top.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
To be honest i don't think Dr Pink visits this forum since he left.
Im always all for happy endings, especially when there are choices in the game and i get that specific ending by doing everything right, but i feel like there wont be any that feel like a happy or at least good ending unless Dev decides to do fast few years time jump or everything is staged as acting lessons since the beginning or MC wakes up from coma at the end knowing the future because we Sci-fi now.
But three of these scenarios just sound really bad to me personally. :p

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
There is just no end of explaining away
Exactly, there isnt because there is not a single way you can explain it without resorting to a stupid situation. You cant give a definitive answer that doesnt give way to another "Wait what the fuck, how?"

Reactions: qwerty76423578

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I wouldn’t have thought though that it was say comparable to compare DrPinkcakes work with any professional screenwriters or novelist for instance - as this would be the critical equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel.
It's one of the particular oddities of writing (as a profession), most of the really successful greats got there on the strength of one turnaround piece as an amateur. You become a professional solely through making the money to be considered one as an amateur.

Sure, most amateurs hone their craft with a lot of unsuccessful attempts first before that one big hit changes things, but still, ultimately, an amatuer writer is what you are comparing a work to when you look at say "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy (written over 17 years by an amateur), or "Bridget Jones' Diary", or even the first "Harry Potter" book... Just how it is. The people who train and study to write from school, they tend to become journalists at best, but more often, to write the copy on the side of a cereal box.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
Am I the only jaded degenerate here?
Everyone is all snot nosed and teary eyed at these cliffhangers and I'm just sitting here going ...

Reactions: Bubba56

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
Ok, played it, hated it!

I will spoil no details of the recent update, so no spoiler tags.

To save my mood and my mental health I see only two options:

- Bobby Ewing to the shower please! In this case, only the beginning is real. Everything after the robbery is an illusion. MC is still in a coma. He will wake up at the end of the game and all good things will happen in Episode 2.
- Time for the fan fork. Take all assets from the asset thread (where is it?) and give the game a proper ending.

Oh boy, this is the worst kick in my face since the destruction of big brother. Lessons learned: you don't need Patreon to kill a great game.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes