ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
I know, it's just better safe than sorry, didn't mean to pick on you personally. It just really gave away a big part of the update. I know there's still some people who have been too busy to check it out yet, and might be gauging the thread for reactions, without spoilers. :p
I think that much more games should have proper section like popular games have and there should be ''Post Episodes/chapters'' thread for people to discuss, make theories with spoilers and stuff.
And another thread without spoilers.

requiem31

Sep 7, 2016
Has anyone noticed that the nicely rendered passenger on the street at night (whilst the MC was in the car) was the same nurse who (luckily?) gave Liam the (right?) treatment when he was with Rena at his chemo?? Any meaning to this??
I did notice the sudden surge in rendering quality for a nameless background character
Here are two screens for comparison:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for the meaning... to be deep?

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
It can go the other way as well. I was reading a Tom Clancey book and had to put it away after 120 pages describing a single room that he walked into. That's not just setting the scene, That's Torture!
Further proof that skill at one type of writing-thing does not necessarily equate to skill at all writing-things.

You think Clancy is/was bad? You haven't known pain until you've beat your head against a couple of hundred pages of David Weber vomiting up word salads about missile launches. I'd have given up on him entirely a long time ago if he didn't write such damnably interesting characters.

requiem31

Sep 7, 2016
I don't think that they look the same. Two different ladies in my opinion.
Well I tried to hide certain plot relevant characters appearing in the background.
Hairstyle is different, but those eyebrows kinda give it away

But once again, deep?...

Heinz Becker

Jun 4, 2017
Maybe the dev is a damn nerdy psychology student who does a study about turning old dirty men from fapping into depression.
Anyway this game was really something new for me. Never ever (even in the Tlaero/Mortze classics) i got so connected to people in a game. I so wanted to get the threesome not only for fapping, but because I (as MC) really didn't want to disappoint neither Missy nor Megan. Heavy stuff. I really wanted to make both of them happy, not only in a sexual way.
Maybe I should follow Joshua's advice in a classic: "The only way to win this game is not to play".

Jeshua

May 13, 2018
I am sorry for giving my input before reading most of the last comments... But I really need to get this off my chest.

Just finished chapter 6 (out of the current 7 released, 8 total announced), and... It makes no sense from a VN perspective. It makes so little sense that I got the walkthrough and came here right away, with watery eyes, to see if I hadn't screwed some choice or something.

... I have played VNs since before the JAST USA days, way before 3D renders and the such. "Divi-Dead" was darker than this one, "Nocturnal Illusions" killed people off better than this one. Both are hentai VNs from more than 2 decades ago. Telltale's "The Walking Dead", way more recent, also had a "author's vision" ending similarly to AL's, where your previous choices didn't matter at all... But TWD is in a different genre, not being a love simulator.

It is beyond cretin, in this genre, to make you invested in characters, give you the ILLUSION of a "everyone is happy" ("harem", as there was no other way to give certain characters closure) route... Then asspull a fire. I read some of the comments for chapter 7, but the culprit was no secret to me - she seemed off since her introduction, no surprises here. But cutting obvious "routes" short to force pain into the reader... ... That is new to me. And simply bad writing. I have more than a 2 hundred games in this genre played, easily... But this is the first Trainwreck to make me come here to the interwebs and vent out.

... The author wanted to redo renders for the early chapters with new releases, so I HOPE that 0.9 and 1.0, and even beyond, end up adding alternative routes that he clearly planned at some point... Before forcing one of the most cretin outcomes on his Patrons and fans. It has been done before - even Steins;Gate has multiple bad endings which are forced on the player before the one true route / happy ending... I really hope this to be the case for Acting Lessons, as otherwise this went from emotional rollercoaster to dogshit on the final 3 chapters, just like that.

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
please someone could post Savé for me for new version I lost my Savé game please help me with a save with all the scenes open

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
I am sorry for giving my input before reading most of the last comments... But I really need to get this off my chest.

Just finished chapter 6 (out of the current 7 released, 8 total announced), and... It makes no sense from a VN perspective. It makes so little sense that I got the walkthrough and came here right away, with watery eyes, to see if I hadn't screwed some choice or something.

... I have played VNs since before the JAST USA days, way before 3D renders and the such. "Divi-Dead" was darker than this one, "Nocturnal Illusions" killed people off better than this one. Both are hentai VNs from more than 2 decades ago. Telltale's "The Walking Dead", way more recent, also had a "author's vision" ending similarly to AL's, where your previous choices didn't matter at all... But TWD is in a different genre, not being a love simulator.

It is beyond cretin, in this genre, to make you invested in characters, give you the ILLUSION of a "everyone is happy" ("harem", as there was no other way to give certain characters closure) route... Then asspull a fire. I read some of the comments for chapter 7, but the culprit was no secret to me - she seemed off since her introduction, no surprises here. But cutting obvious "routes" short to force pain into the reader... ... That is new to me. And simply bad writing. I have more than a 2 hundred games in this genre played, easily... But this is the first Trainwreck to make me come here to the interwebs and vent out.

... The author wanted to redo renders for the early chapters with new releases, so I HOPE that 0.9 and 1.0, and even beyond, end up adding alternative routes that he clearly planned at some point... Before forcing one of the most cretin outcomes on his Patrons and fans. It has been done before - even Steins;Gate has multiple bad endings which are forced on the player before the one true route / happy ending... I really hope this to be the case for Acting Lessons, as otherwise this went from emotional rollercoaster to dogshit on the final 3 chapters, just like that.
Thank you for taking the time to make this your first post on the site. The writing was so good as to fool everyone into getting attached to the characters present, and then ripping the rug out from under us. Chapter 7 was a true tear jerker and abrupt change of pace, however, it may not be the way it ends (or it might).

Apparently (according to the dev), our past decisions prior to chapter 7 will come into fruition within chapter 8, making 22 different endings available. With the way the last chapter ended, it's hard to see that, but it has been proclaimed even since the release of the last episode. We'll just have to wait to see if Dr PinkCake sends us further down the hole with a loaded .45 in hand, or if there's a glimmering light of hope.

As to changing what has already been done? I doubt it, as it appears the Dev is ready to dive in head first with a new story after the final chapters release.

Reactions: Jeshua

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Btw: What happens if you ignore all the girls as much as you are able to and just focus on Leah? Wouldn't it be weird with Episode 7's ending?
I went down down the Leah path, so maybe I can answer that :) As for why: The game gave me the impression that it's a love story and about choices. Megan seemed to be here to stay for the beginning, so I decided, no cheating, Leah only. I could just go with a different approach on another playthrough later, right?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
22 endings are possible, depending on your previous choices.

Here's my best guess at those endings.

1. Megan route, saved Megan - Everyone is dead but your maddened, soulless catatonic body attends Megan's Funeral.

2. Megan route, saved Melissa - Everyone is dead but your maddened, soulless catatonic body attends Melissa's Funeral.

3. Melissa route, saved Melissa - Everyone is dead but your maddened, soulless catatonic body attends Megan's Funeral. Peter is seen pissing on her grave.

You get the idea. ;)

VG27

Oct 10, 2017
This game, as it stands now, is a tragedy (genre, not the game itself)

It takes you, gives you a good story with goodnwriting, likeable(lovable) characters, and then crushes your heart... It reminds me of GoT that way( the only advice i got for GoT was to not get attached to anyone).

The writer did his job well, almost too well, as people didn't like what happened. Neither did I, the twist ending was a mind fuck, because that's not normally how these games go.

I didn't like the ending of chapter 7... Not at all.. but I appreciate what the writer did with my emotions. I cared about the characters.. and I was horrified to have to make the choice.

All in all, a great game, and definitely not what I expected when I got it. But I still wouldnt trade the experience.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes