crazyloins

Aug 8, 2017
Looking at my previous replies, I may have been more harsh than I really meant to be. I'm not a fan of the abrupt 180 degree twist the story took and likely won't be no matter what happens in the conclusion, but it was way overboard to call it a "depressing dumpster fire." For that, I apologize.

It's still one of the best games I've played on the site, and DrPinkCake definitely has talent. I hope he continues to make games. While the story in this one turned out to not be up my alley, I look forward to trying out what he comes up with in the future.

Reactions: PHANTOM44 and Enyos

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
Lmao at all the people saying that the game is a dumpster fire because it got dark "very quickly", and that Leah being a psycho is an asspull.
Play the game again. There is foreshadowing that Leah is a psycho from the first chapter. The MC had "dreams" of her giving him a bj when he was in coma, which were not actually dreams. Then there was the date, where she said that she intends to keep the mc for herself only. You then see Liam having effects of chemo when Leah stopped treating him. Yes, the dev didn't agressively try to tell us that she was nit who she seems to be, but there was quite some foreshadowing.

As for the story, he had the story planned out before he started to make the game, and he stuck to it. People being pissed off by his decision for chapter 6 and 7 only shows that he successfully managed to create characters the the players actually liked and cared about. You can't create tragedy if you don't care about the person, and he handled it perfectly.

As for the pacing of the story, the pacing was good for what the dev wanted to express. He clearly wanted the player to experience a shock at the end, and that would not be possible if you didn't like the characters.

tl;dr this vn tells a different story than other games. If you're expecting to balance stats and screw every girl in the game and make a harem, then you'll be disappointed.

deejay12

May 4, 2017
If this dev doesn’t have the best sense of humor then idk who does, LIAM is awesome the part with the magazine got me dying from laughter I just hope everything turn out well for my best bud

Reactions: PHANTOM44 and Enyos

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
Well i stop all kind of hope or wait for this game, i just enjoy it. Clearly not agree with many of you, for me this game is original, drama maker, and i still enjoy to play it.

Yes, it's hard to choose, yes it's hard to see Liam and all that shit. But the feeling is here and i enjoyed all paths i tried (Rena, Megan, MELISSAAAAA... hum.)

I wait the last one now... and yes, the dev win my support. He/she finished at least the game. That simple fact is a huuuuge bonus.
The updates are really more than correct, and i will probably support the next project.

Reactions: Burn85 and Enyos

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Lmao at all the people saying that the game is a dumpster fire because it got dark "very quickly", and that Leah being a psycho is an asspull.
Play the game again. There is foreshadowing that Leah is a psycho from the first chapter.
Behind Spoiler Tags because of Wall of Text:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the story, he had the story planned out before he started to make the game, and he stuck to it. People being pissed off by his decision for chapter 6 and 7 only shows that he successfully managed to create characters the the players actually liked and cared about. You can't create tragedy if you don't care about the person
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tyso3

Feb 18, 2018
Really enjoyed this game, Was like the dark aspects of Life is strange mixed in with sex, great combo. Full credit to the creator.

Reactions: Enyos

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Interesting how all this DA vs AL made me think why AL was getting far more hate for killing off it's character than Philly got for his DA. I guess the answer would be there's no way you can prevent the death in DA from happening, so you just mourn and accept what it is and move on. Doc made us choose between the girls. I guess that is the main reason for all this hate from y'all. By making us choose, Doc made us feel guilty for the death. It's like we actually killed her by choosing the other .
Another thing is Philly gave us choice for the dream threesome, before killing off a certain character, but Doc just raised hopes of what could have been and then snatched it all away, which may seem cruel to certain people.

Reactions: Enyos

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Interesting how all this DA vs AL made me think why AL was getting far more hate for killing off it's character than Philly got for his DA. I guess the answer would be there's no way you can prevent the death in DA from happening, so you just mourn and accept what it is and move on. Doc made us choose between the girls. I guess that is the main reason for all this hate from y'all. By making us choose, Doc made us feel guilty for the death. It's like we actually killed her by choosing the other .
Another thing is Philly gave us choice for the dream threesome, before killing off a certain character, but Doc just raised hopes of what could have been and then snatched it all away, which may seem cruel to certain people.
DA has a dark noir tone from the start. You are pitted against a powerful criminal organization from the get go. You know the stakes are high. You expect there to be death.
LA starts on a totally different note and presents you with a sadistic choice out of the blue for pure shock value, than topples it with one of the cheapest tools in the book as a "twist".

Lodgemaster4678

Aug 6, 2018
Personal Review

This Game was very done compared to many competitors, even making some look like they don’t belong in the industry. Great renders, an emotion-capturing story, and the fact that this was his first game, which was also done by himself says a lot. But, while almost everyone will love it, there are some problems that become blatantly clear.

The Bad:

Pacing - To sum up the core issue with the game, some events happen in this game happen in hyperrealistic way. It starts out as a mc finding love again story, with solid comedy and even better drama that easily gets the player emotionally attached to any character it pleases. But, as time unfolds, it almost becomes sloppy. While many fans didn’t “really” expect a 100% happy ending, some particular parts of the story become overly dramatic, or even something to forget about.

For Example

1. Ana: The driving impactor throughout the story, dictating most of the choices that are given mc, as well as a consistent reminder through Liam and in the mc’s mind. Over time, it gradually becomes more confusing how much she actually matters. This opinion is enforced once she comes back into mc life, as she only comes back as a sex scene. There should have been more, Ana being a driving impact on mc’s love life should have been more relevant that a casual flashback that meant nothing.
  2. Everyone’s favorite….. Episode 6-7: This proves more than anything else why pacing was a big issue in the game. It wasn’t the fact that it happened. The Dev killed off a character, big deal, it happens in most drama stories. It wasn’t what was done, but how it was done. It came directly out of left field seemingly without reason. There were no inference points or build up to lead up to it happening…. it just happened, like a sucker punch, and even people who don’t fighting hate sucker punches. Likewise, Leah being a driver of the story towards the end seemed out of left field. Yet again, not what, but how. At first, fans were given the impression either Leah was gonna be a constant part of the story, or the usual first time f*ck of an adult game that is just used to show a fan if he’s interested in the sex scenes or not, and then thrown away because there’s no real use. But, she seemed like an almost passable character the more time went by. Before the turning point (Leah is crazy), there was no importance to her than a f*ck buddy, and it didn’t make sense to make it more than that. We never got much of her besides two dates over the course of seven episodes. Story changing events/factors happened like a pop up in the way of the story, doing more harm than good. And this was because the game felt rushed in must-happen parts of the story, which should take up the most time, and made an 8 month game seem like it needed to be done much faster.

The Good:

Acting lessons was without a doubt one of the best story based games I’ve ever played. In many adult games I find myself using unren specifically skip majority of the game. This was the exact opposite, from start to end. It’s literally shocks me to know that this is his first game. I appreciated the fact the he kept his first game truly his, stay true to what he wanted the game to be. It showed incredible potential and left the only complaint to be that his decision making wasn’t based on what the fans wanted. But I believe the next game he creates will be all that his fan desire from him as a developer, and I will be. As words of advice, I hope he takes all the time he needs to make sure the story is full, because that is where his strength lies, but also defeated him. But regardless of what the game may be, he has made me a faithful supporter of his content for good, as I believe he has done to others.

NICE WORK DOCTOR

8.5/10

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes