Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Someone just pointed this comment out to me.....

Burning to death is this guys "humane" way of preventing a few days of someone being sad.

I can imagine it now, "look, we're going to have to break up, it's just not working. Now if you'll keep still while I tie you to this stake and and cleanse you with purging flame, it's better this way".
Screw breaking up with someone by text. Breaking up with someone by flamethrower is the new thing.

Rook2099

Oct 18, 2018
And like I said - some people can suspend disbelief enough to enjoy the story and characters for what it is. I play roleplaying games for over 30 years now - so it's second-nature for me to immerse myself in a make-believe story - even if some of it is implausible.

You opinion and points and duly noted on number of occasions. Out of curiosity - is it your position that Dating My Daughter, Man of the House, and Dreams of Desire are believable?
What do you assume that I look at every story and say "No things can not happen!" ? I immerse myself in stories often. I enjoy cinema and literature. I have played adventure games, and role playing as well. But if story pulls me out of it, it is on the story. This happens in bad films, or bad games, or sometimes in bad endings or scenes in good games.

I know my English is not strong. So I can try to make clear as possible. Believing and suspending disbelief works differently in different games, or books or cinema. Man of the House, Dreams of Desire, and Dating My Daughter are not realistic. They do not try. Dreams of Desire is a story about magic, so magic is accepted from the beginning. Man of the House and Dating my Daughter are excuses for incest. That tone is set up from the beginning. Dating My Daughter very specially tries to not be real. It is pure fantasy. Attacking them for not being real would be like saying Avengers is not real. It is true point, but meaning nothing.

Acting Lessons is different. That it tries to be something like the reality of the world. In early chapters mainly. Character like Megan, Melissa and Liam are realist. They work and act like people you know or might have known. Liam fighting cancer in real and heart breaking way. Even idea of three way relationship which in every other game is after thought is handles in a way that can be considered realistic. Surely, the problem is that when it comes to other drama... Pink does not even attempt at realism. Peter, Dick and Leah are very much not good characters or good villains. Peter and Dick acts like what someone who has only seen abusive man in cinema think they act as. And Leah, I have argued over many times she is not real in all important way. If game is set as horror or suspense from the starting of it, then Leah being a horror monster is less a concerning problem. But game is set as realistic romantic comedy that then asks player to accept tragedy, then accept after that it is horror all along. But if player stops to look at game from before and game at end and after 6, then all small problems become bigger.

And if suspending of disbelief is always ok. Would you be just as happy with story if villain was Hedwig? Or Pearson? Or Liam? If consistant part of telling a story is not important, then why tell story at all?

I can can hardly wait for the next and final chapter (not that I would want the story to come to an end just yet), I really want to see how my path with my main babe Melissa comes to end, hoping for a happy ending of course!
I have to ask how. In any way under god could happy ending exist? If Melissa
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Happy ending would be less real than events that started mess in first place.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I have to ask where the beauties of this game stack up against other games? ...

So, who am I missing/forgetting/overlooking? Like I said, just something to ponder as we await the final chapter
Forgetting/overlooking Elly from or Luna from is a criminal act meriting severe punishment in many jurisdictions.

But the tragedy of AL is that Pink put more than one top-ten-ever girls in one game, then made you choose. :cry:

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
I'm missing some here. I can guess that the first 2 missing is the scene with the other college girl and the threesome.
What's the other 2 and how do I get it? Please and thank you!

View attachment 192622
Hello, the two first are The college girls, yes. 1 for the redhair, and one for the 3 somes. I don't know about the chapter 4, but i'm sure the last one could be Leah Sex scene if you chose during your path to stay with her.

Reactions: Enyos

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I have to ask how. In any way under god could happy ending exist? If Melissa
Happy ending would be less real than events that started mess in first place.
She couldn't possibly blame MC for things that happen, it's not his fault that some crazy psycho would stalk him and try to get rid of competition for his attention. Besides, that's life, you never know what's going to happen or when it's going to happen, half the time you don't know why it's happening, life works mysterious ways. You make a decision today but the consequences of those decisions might not reflect on you tomorrow, a week from now, not even a year from now, but eventually they will catch up. Life is like rolling dices, you just have to take a chance and see what happens, it's really the only way to gain and achieve anything in life. And besides, just because you'd be going through a dark time in your life, tragedies and trauma, it doesn't mean that something good can't come out of it, there's always light at the other end of the tunnel, you just have to keep walking forward and not look back :p

Yeah, Melissa (in my playthrough) lost her best friend Megan, who happened to be MC's other girlfriend beside Melissa herself, so they both lost a very important and dear person, but they still have one another and they love each other, they just need to hold on to each other and help each other through this, they need each other now more than ever, and besides, Melissa doesn't blame MC, she knows MC did the best he could trying to save them both.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Maybe she feels guilty? Because when push came to shove, when you really had to choose, you chose her because you loved her more than Megan. Maybe because of that she feels that it should have been her that died?
I think that would've been more than likely, you know, survivor's guilt, feeling guilty that she survived but Megan didn't, losing her best friend, and she's already had it very rough even without all of this. I wouldn't be surprised if Melissa chose to leave town and all the people in it behind just to get away from everything and start anew.
But I don't think that's going to happen in this story, because it's just as likely that she will hold on to the only thing she still has left; MC, and she does love him a hell of a lot :)

Reactions: Enyos and Floga

TRMxFALCON

Nov 6, 2018
Well i found this game by recomandation in another thread
The story was quite good and romantic what i realy liked in this game, but i hate where the story goes especialy at chapter 6
Ill guess when i would have known the direction this game is heading, i wouldnt have start playing it at all.

Just my 2 cents

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Forgetting/overlooking Elly from or Luna from is a criminal act meriting severe punishment in many jurisdictions.

But the tragedy of AL is that Pink put more than one top-ten-ever girls in one game, then made you choose. :cry:
Forgetting Elly is indeed a crime. I don't recall Luna right now, so I won't cop to that charge!

Roido

Jul 29, 2018
Hello, the two first are The college girls, yes. 1 for the redhair, and one for the 3 somes. I don't know about the chapter 4, but i'm sure the last one could be Leah Sex scene if you chose during your path to stay with her.
Thats correct.
I guess I have to check the walkthrough again cause I definitely went through the Leah route cause I thought the Harem route was available but I guess I was mistaken but still didn't trigger any leah sex scenes on the last part. Need to check and recheck everything

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
I guess I have to check the walkthrough again cause I definitely went through the Leah route cause I thought the Harem route was available but I guess I was mistaken but still didn't trigger any leah sex scenes on the last part. Need to check and recheck everything

Reactions: Walg and Roido

TRMxFALCON

Nov 6, 2018
Addendum since i cant edit my previous post anymore:

From crossreading through many comments i feel like many other are also not happy with the direction the stroy goes.

At least put on a warning or info on the first post with the Downloadlink, that characters close to you will die in this game, to prevent others from beeing dissapointed

This would only be fair for those who just want to enjoy romantic gamplay without people getting killed
Still its one thing to fool around and break some hearts but a completly other thing to be forced to decide who will life and who will die...

Largo

Jul 29, 2017
And at least, remove the tag [humor], and add tag [drama]

[edit] I have been informed that there is no such "drama" tag, and that thread owner cannot create a new tag, so this suggestion is not possible.

Reactions: TRMxFALCON

halorea

Apr 28, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Leah actually administered much weaker chemo after learning that Liam is the mc's best friend. Usually chemo has effects like puking after every session, but in our game those effects were present only at the first and the last chemo (the last was coordinated by another nurse).

TRMxFALCON

Nov 6, 2018
Usually chemo has effects like puking after every session
From my own experience, i had 5, i can tell you its not the case, at least nowadays. Normaly you also get something for your stomach that you dont have to puke and other things that you dont feel bad along with the chemo itself.
During the chemo i felt pretty normal.
I also had people like Liam who came for chemo for a few hours and went home as usual after getting it.
So i think its pretty normal how Liam act (at least when he get his chemo)

But it doesnt change that im still shocked and very dissapointed about the stroyline and that i had to choose who will life and who will die and i still hope its all about a freaking nightmare and not real...

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Acting Lessons
Let's start with some great news! Acting Lessons is virtually complete.
It's currently out for beta testing and proofreading. After which, I will fix the bugs/dialogue and start to package the release.
I know that you're eager to play it and you will, on December 14th.
The deadline for being in the credits of Acting Lessons has passed; it's no longer possible to get that Legend patron reward or to change your name.

Some stats for Episode 8:
Total render count: 920
Animation count: 32
Size: 3.4 GB (Extras version)
It is officially the biggest episode yet, in terms of content. But it will not feel like the longest episode. This is because it has 22 endings and, according to my beta testers, a single playthrough, of one ending, takes about 30 minutes.

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes