nonfatyogurt19

Jan 22, 2021
Finished this a few days ago and I'm still fucking fucking crying. I came for a decent story and lewds and instead I got hit by a god damn freight train of feels. Having to choose like that fucked me up bad for several days and that ending had me bawling like a child. Fantastic story

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Just finished this after playing Being a DIK. I can't believe how emotional both games are. I never thought playing a VN would make me cry. I really can't get enough of these types of games. They hit home so hard.

On I side note Megan's dad totally looks like Tybalt.

Reactions: rohit6458

HMZS

Jan 23, 2021
I guess i m going to just sound like dozens, hundred of posts here
didnt really know the VN genre
played B.A.D, found it was really a nice game, moved me
so i went for acting lessons

and

wow, i m speechless. took me my afternoon, a bit of my evening, games just dont do "that" to me in general, and i ve been playing for like nearly 40 years now

maybe. oh yes, that one time i cried at 3am saying "it cant be", and still cant remove those piano note from my head as the pearl bounces on the ground after Aerith got killed

so, there we are in 2021, worldwide pandemic, in a world where an Indie Dev can touch me as deep as Final Fantasy VII did in 96 97. (edit)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a great game indeed, the biggest surprise i had for a very, very long time.

Last edited:

Budgy75

Jan 11, 2021
Ok, what can i say. i purposely hadn't read up too much about this game, just that it had been recommended on a few lists.

There i go skipping blindly into the story, get past the robbery (at the beginning) and thinking this is a really cool story, love the characters, and then BAM!! WTF just happened. For god sake, i am a 45yo man and i was sat there with tears in my eyes (lol). Once i calmed down and reflected, it just goes to show the impact that a VN can have on an individual at a really deep level. I read a lot of books but never have i got so emotionally invested in the characters as i did with this.

Yes, i have an empty feeling inside from the ending (ended up with Megan) but this is a seriously good piece of work that can only be born out of someone with huge talent, this is truly great work DrPinkCake.

I now need to go and find a much more light hearted VN to take my mind off this. i would greatly appreciate some recommendations, good visuals/animations, not really put off by any story subject matter. However they must be relatively light hearted (please) :)

Reactions: kandemoor
Mar 16, 2018
Ok, what can i say. i purposely hadn't read up too much about this game, just that it had been recommended on a few lists.

There i go skipping blindly into the story, get past the robbery (at the beginning) and thinking this is a really cool story, love the characters, and then BAM!! WTF just happened. For god sake, i am a 45yo man and i was sat there with tears in my eyes (lol). Once i calmed down and reflected, it just goes to show the impact that a VN can have on an individual at a really deep level. I read a lot of books but never have i got so emotionally invested in the characters as i did with this.

Yes, i have an empty feeling inside from the ending (ended up with Megan) but this is a seriously good piece of work that can only be born out of someone with huge talent, this is truly great work DrPinkCake.

I now need to go and find a much more light hearted VN to take my mind off this. i would greatly appreciate some recommendations, good visuals/animations, not really put off by any story subject matter. However they must be relatively light hearted (please) :)
This was one of the first VNs I read on here, and that was my reaction too, and guessing from most of the other comments on here, it's the reaction most have.

Fortunately for me, the very next one I happened to play was "Triangle" by Neverlucky (sorry can't post links yet, just search it), and I think it saved my sanity. It's a very light-hearted, pure romance thruple story with very little in the way of conflict between the main characters. It does start with one of the main characters losing their parents in a car accident, but it's mostly just a mechanic to bring the main characters together and doesn't really bring too much emotional baggage through the story (especially not compared to the baggage in AL). The plot in Triangle is very light, not totally realistic, but I'd argue that's what makes it a great follow up to AL. Plus the art is nice and the sex scenes are fairly well written. Don't think it's animated though.

Reactions: Budgy75

Fabien80

Jan 25, 2021
To fill the boredom generated by confinements, after spending hours on traditional games, I discovered this type of game that I wanted to be light and sex.
Well, it's the slap !!!
After biting down on the fun aspect, I found myself embroiled in a more endearing story than I had imagined and let myself be caught up in the emotional charge of the final chapters.
This game succeeded, where the movies bore me, to expose my sensitivity and finally let the tears flow.

Finally, I thank all those who made the creation of this little gem possible. You hit the mark and convinced me that this type of game (containing explicit sex) can achieve a quality of gaming experience, if not superior, at least equal to productions from major studios.

AhoyLaddies

Aug 31, 2020
Just finished the game, gotta say, coming from Being A DIK, this is a really great game with an amazing story. I expected nothing less from Dr Pink Cake. It's pretty interesting having had the opportunity to play the games in reverse order from their original release. You can definitely see some inspiration in Being A DIK coming from Acting Lessons, and I really enjoyed that. His animation quality and renders have also improved significantly too. It's amazing how far he has come in such a short amount of time.

There is definitely a shift of tone compared to what goes on in Being A DIK. No spoilers, but if you've played both you'll know exactly what I mean.

Reactions: Back and rohit6458
4.60 star(s) 810 Votes